March 2013 Moms

take-home outfit

Has anyone settled on a take-home outfit for their little one? 

I'm having a little girl, so I want something precious and girly.  I don't really have many outfits in newborn size...mostly onesies, sleepers, and sleep gowns for around the house - I don't really plan on going out much the first couple of weeks. 

Just trying to get some ideas... Thanks!

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: take-home outfit

• It's FAO Schwartz brand and I got it at BRU (my mom will be knitting a matching hat)

Front:

Back:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Footie pjs.  If it is cold, it will be a fleece one with light pink hearts on it.  If it is a little warmer, I haven't decided.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Gymboree has a bunch of cute strawberry themed outfits in their "Brand New Baby" section.  I picked up a bunch of pieces that are really cute and will bring something from that as a back up incase she has a random blow out in her going home outfit before we get her home :)
  • I'm taking a cute onsie and then something warm as well, just in case. I live in TX and the weather is so unpredictable lol
  • I just purchased a 3 pack of 0-3 month footie sleepers with matching toques and mittens. It's cold up here in Canada so I thought that would be our best bet.

We received a ton of second hand clothes that are in perfect condition so I'll be taking a few other back-up outfits as well. You never really know how big they're going to be so I'm taking a newborn footie sleeper as well. It just happens to be gender neutral which appeases the paranoid side of me. We've been told LO is a boy but I know of a lot of cases where the u/s was wrong. I want something gender neutral just in case LO turns out to be a girl! lol

While there are sooo many cute outfits out there that I considered purchasing as a take-home outfit, I didn't want to buy the same outfit in multiple sizes (but I know some people who are doing that).

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • I am having a boy, but I thought I would share. I am taking a couple options in new born and the size up just in case. But I am taking something for warmer and cold weather because I live in NC and you never really know what the weather is going to be here in March.
  • Super cute! How much was that if you don't mind me asking?
  • We are team green.   since I am too cheap to buy a pink/blue outfit, I bought a cute white one and bought blue/pink hats. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My godmother gave my little one a really cute outfit that I am taking.  He has a congenital heart defect, so he will be in the hospital for several weeks after having open heart surgery.  So his first time outside the hospital will be a few weeks later, likely sometime in April (even though he is due mid March).  My mom and I couldn't resist the message on the outfit.  It is a little turtle that says "The World Is Mine".  Perfect for a little one that will have come through heart surgery.  And if he is too big for it by then, I'll just have to pick something else.  I'll have notice of when he is going home, so I can plan ahead.
  • I bought 2 pajamas, a little brother & a little sister pair, since we're team green.  I found them on clearance at Target for $5, so it actually worked out really well.  Since we're right near Chicago, I figured fleece pjs in March would be perfect still.

ETA: Here's a picture

• I thought I knew but I just had my shower and got a ton of cute outfits.  More then likely the baby wont need newborn but just in case I plan on picking out 2 outfits, 1 newborn and 3 months.  If it is a newborn then it is just going to be pj onsie.  The other one is going to be an 1 piece outfit.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageJcat123:
    Super cute! How much was that if you don't mind me asking?

Are you referring to my reply?  If so, I think it was $22 I think but I had $17 in "RusReward" dollars from buying for DS at Christmas and a 20% of coupon so it was next to nothing lol.

• imagekfarmer92:
    I'm taking a cute onsie and then something warm as well, just in case. I live in TX and the weather is so unpredictable lol

This. If you don't like the weather just wait an hour it'll change lol. March is the worst month to predict the weather in Texas. It could be 40? or it could be 90?. I'm hoping to find a three piece outfit with a short sleeve onesie, jacket, and pants.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageVirginia&Joshua11052011:
    I am having a boy, but I thought I would share. I am taking a couple options in new born and the size up just in case. But I am taking something for warmer and cold weather because I live in NC and you never really know what the weather is going to be here in March.

me too!

• we are having a girl so my mom bought us one and we bought one. the one my mom bought is very old-fashioned and not our taste at all (it is also 3 months size so it looks huge!!). then i went and bought a little set from carters when they had a big sale around christmas. I am going to take both. I feel terrible not using the one from my mom but i really dont want the first pics of our baby in this little get up.

i want my baby girl to look sweet and comfy. weather is an issue here too (i live in NJ). Sometimes the ned of march is beautiful and sometimes it is absolutely frigid. We will have to see how it all pans out. 

hope this helps! 

• I've got a few choices but haven't really decided yet. Don't know if I should put her in a dress or something m
  • I've got a few choices but haven't really decided yet. Don't know if I should put her in a dress or something more comfy....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"