April 2013 Moms

How soon should I wash clothes, blankets etc?

I have about 2 more months to go so is it too early to wash everything now?

Re: How soon should I wash clothes, blankets etc?

• Most people I've talked to said that they washed their stuff about 2 weeks before the baby was due. I do plan to wash the things that are going in my hospital bag (a few blankets and her going home outfit) sooner though since that will be living in the trunk of my car for about a month.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • I washed most of my stuff last weekend.  It was starting to bother me, so I just decided to do it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm only washing the absolute necessities (a few onesies and sleepers, coming home outfit, a sheet, and a blanket or two) in the chance that she doesn't fit into the newborn clothes or she's actually a he and the ultrasound missed it. I'd rather be able to return things I need then be stuck with things I can't use.
  • Everything we have received so far (mix of hand-me-downs, gifts, and purchases) has been laundered, sorted by size, and put away.
    The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • I am planning to wash his NB clothes and 0-3 month clothes in the next week or so. I will also be washing his bedding as soon as it arrives. I will hold off on the other stuff until he gets bigger. 

BFP #1 4/10/12, lost at 8 weeks.
    BFP #2 EDD 4/18/13. Its a Boy!

• I washed everything last weekend and organized them by size and put them in plastic bins. I think since I am not really preparing a nursery this time I needed to do some nesting.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went through my bins and washed up 0-6 month clothes last week. I've been hanging them up this weekend.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • imagemypalbabs:
    Everything we have received so far (mix of hand-me-downs, gifts, and purchases) has been laundered, sorted by size, and put away.
    Ditto that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We have a lot of blankets so I washed about 6 of them just to start out I hung the rest and will wash them once he is here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagemypalbabs:
    Everything we have received so far mix of handmedowns, gifts, and purchases has been laundered, sorted by size, and put away.

This. I find it easier to do as i go. Not wait for it to pile up.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• imagesaralynn7:
    I'm only washing the absolute necessities (a few onesies and sleepers, coming home outfit, a sheet, and a blanket or two) in the chance that she doesn't fit into the newborn clothes or she's actually a he and the ultrasound missed it. I'd rather be able to return things I need then be stuck with things I can't use.

this exactly, it doesn't matter how soon you wash is 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • My spring break is when I'll be 36 weeks.  Since I won't be going on a vacation that week, I plan on using it to wash clothes, prep cloth diapers, cook dinners for the freezer, and all the other last minute prep.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"