February 2013 Moms
Options

water question tmi

I already have a call in to my ob, but I was wondering what you ladies think. When I got up this morning I had a small gush come out of me so I went into the bathroom. My underwear was soaked, but it wasn't completely clear. It was super watery and clear with white chunks in it too... very different from anything I've seen before. I've heard of your water being colored if there's meconium, but I don't think I've heard of the white stuff.

I'm currently laying back down to see if anything pools up for when I get back up...

Have you seen or heard of anything that looks like this?

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: water question tmi

• Options
    Maybe it is your water breaking and some remaining mucus plug. Amniotic fluid smells sweet, not like urine. As gross as it sounds you can try to smell the fluid. Good luck! :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • Options
    Thanks! I did smell it lol. Def not urine. Didn't really notice a smell...

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Plus, if it is your water it will continue to leak :)

• Options
    I would go in if you think it might be your water breaking. Good luck!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I would go in and see what is going on. If it was your water breaking, you want to be in the hospital. Hoping and praying all goes well!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Update...

Well not a whole lot more has happened. I had a lot of cramping and some random contractions, but nothing timeable or concerning. A little more liquid, but not much. Guess it was just discharge, because if it was my water I'd have a bunch more, right? I still can't get over the amount, the gush and the consistency though... I guess I'm stupidly still holding on to a little bit of hope

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"