March 2013 Moms

FTMs, is this the end or just the beginning?

So FTMs, as you near your due date with your first...  What are you thoughts on having more?

I used to scoff at the women who would say "I'll miss feeling these kicks for the last time!" as they lamented the fact that they were experiencing their last pregnancy.  But now, not knowing how this L&D will go, I'm starting to feel the same way!  How ironic is that?

If I end up having a really terrible experience and am unable to justify going through it all again, this could be the last time that I get to experience these sorts of kicks and movements!  Not sure how I feel about it all (since feeling her move around in there for the first little while took some getting used to!), just a realization that I came to this week.

Has anyone else had the same thought? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FTMs, is this the end or just the beginning?

• Not a FTM, but I was pretty scarred by DD's early entrance for awhile.  I also have friends who had horrific birth stories, yet wound up having more kids.  It's amazing what time (and hormones) can do!

And as someone who was cheated out of the last 6 weeks of her last pregnancy, I really love every kick.   

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My DH has seen me in so much pain plus all the morning sickness he keeps asking if we're only going to have one kid. I tell him it might be our only biological child. I know when LO comes into the world it will have been worth all the pains and I'll want to have another though. I know for sure I'm going to feel a little 'empty' afterwards. I've gotten use to those kicks and moves it's going to be a little sad to have them gone.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I enjoy her kicks , pokes and moves however Im not sure if I could walk down this road again. lol I would have to ask, how much are you going to pay me???
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As a 42 yo FTM I am jealous of all of you that have a choice to have more!  I will miss every kick, even the rib shots...
    42 yo FTM!!
  • It is amazing what can h appen in a short amount of time. Two months pp, I was a hormonal reck and did not want to be pregnant again for a few years. Six months pp, started glamorizing the pg and birth while thinking how wonderful it would be for lo to have a sibling. 8 months pp viola! 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I absolutely lved my pregnancy with DS#1. I had a smooth pregnancy, labor and delivery went pretty smooth. I knew the moment they handed him to me that I wanted to do it all over again. And here we are!

This pregnancy has been really tough. Having a 2yo and being pregnant is tough. Add on GD, taking insulin, and anxiously awaiting a consult with perinatalogy next week regarding some markers on our last sono. I hate this pregnancy! I can't wait until this little guy is out. I worry so much everyday about him. I just want to hold him and know he is ok! We wanted 3 children, but I really don't think I can emotionally and physically handle another pregnancy!

• imageemriley84:

I absolutely lved my pregnancy with DS#1. I had a smooth pregnancy, labor and delivery went pretty smooth. I knew the moment they handed him to me that I wanted to do it all over again. And here we are!

This pregnancy has been really tough. Having a 2yo and being pregnant is tough. Add on GD, taking insulin, and anxiously awaiting a consult with perinatalogy next week regarding some markers on our last sono. I hate this pregnancy! I can't wait until this little guy is out. I worry so much everyday about him. I just want to hold him and know he is ok! We wanted 3 children, but I really don't think I can emotionally and physically handle another pregnancy!

Pretty much this! Smooth pregnancy and delivery with DD#1 (minus the fact she was all of the sudden 5 weeks early b/c my water broke)

This pregnancy is horrible! I get P17 shots each week, cervical length measuring low since 26 weeks, on strict bed rest for going into PTL at 27 weeks along with short cervix, GD but my belly is measuring small, I just can't stop worrying....wishing I could fast forward to March.

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageemriley84:
    I absolutely lved my pregnancy with DS1. I had a smooth pregnancy, labor and delivery went pretty smooth. I knew the moment they handed him to me that I wanted to do it all over again. And here we are!

This, sorta. DS1 was a high risk pregnancy, but actually pretty easy. He was very low so my only compliant was having to go to the bathroom all the time. I never really had any other side effects of being pregnant and I missed it right away.

This time, I have a 15 month old I'm literally chasing all day long plus another high risk pregnancy. It's been so much harder on my body and I guess it's because I just never rest. Plus, this baby is positioned in a way I can't ever breathe!

We want a large family, about 5 or 6 kids so I know I will be pregnant again. I just plan on waiting a long time [3 or 4 years] so I can have time to enjoy my two boys and give myself a break and time to forget being pregnant.

• imagelifewrite:
    My DH has seen me in so much pain plus all the morning sickness he keeps asking if we're only going to have one kid. I tell him it might be our only biological child. I know when LO comes into the world it will have been worth all the pains and I'll want to have another though. I know for sure I'm going to feel a little 'empty' afterwards. I've gotten use to those kicks and moves it's going to be a little sad to have them gone.

My husband says the same thing to me whenever I seem uncomfortable, but I honestly can't answer that question yet. This one isn't even here yet. My pregnancy hasn't been horrible but I certainly am not one of those women that loves it. Will I be in a rush to get pregnant again once this one is born? Absolutely not. I want some time to get back to my old self and enjoy this child before discussing the next one.
  • We'll start TTC about 6 months after this one comes. I'm not young enough to wait a while. This pregnancy has been pretty pleasant and uneventful, so I don't think I'll have qualms about getting back in the game.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• It really is amazing how you can "forget" all of the aches and pains that came with the pregnancy and with the labor.  I always scoffed at the moms who said they forgot what the pain even felt like.  I thought it was silly and how could you forget?  But, it really is true.  In time you do forget.  You remember the bigger details, like the amount of time you were in labor, etc... but truly do forget about the other details of it.

That being said, we have talked more than once in this house about this probably being our last because this was such a difficult pregnancy and it was really hard to chase a toddler at the same time!  (Part of me thinks, though, that a pregnancy is only 9 months of a wonderful world of joys that you get from it - so there just might be a third.)

• I have been wondering the same thing, i'm 36 so if there is going to be another it will have to be soon! I have just been so worn out and tired, i dont know because of my age or this is just what pregnancy is supposed to be? i just really wonder if i could handle having a little one to keep up after and being pregnant again!  i really dont know what we are going to do!
  • This is THE absolute first and last for me. I love to feel him move because it reassures me that he is active and healthy. But at 37,and having experienced constipation so horrible, I once had to be taken to the emergency room as well as constant heartburn and acid reflux, acne on my neck, chest, stomach and arms. Not to mention the first trimester vomit fest. This little prince was not planned at all. The hubby and I were together for 16 years and always intended on being married with no kids. But well, I got a little cocky after I turned 35 and I thought since my periods were irregular that the likelihood was small so I got off birth control. We were good to go until I lost 40 pounds, started eating healthier and exercising. Lo and behold my periods became regular without the need for BC. But it didn't register that once that happened, ovulation would become regular. So two weeks before my 37th birthday I found out I was preggers. Fast forward almost 8 months and we have accepted this as a blessing! We can't wait to see his face.....however, I have already signed the paperwork consenting to a tubal ligation before I even leave the hospital! LOL. 
  • We always planned to be one and done - and that is still the plan. I am told I make a cute pregnant person - but I am not a fan of all it comes with. I miss sushi, I miss sleeping without navigating a bowling ball, I miss coffee, I miss space mountain.

I am a cute non-pregnant person, too Cool

Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemichelle2456:
    As a 42 yo FTM I am jealous of all of you that have a choice to have more!  I will miss every kick, even the rib shots...

This. I will be 42 in April and we are "one and done." I have had a smooth pregnancy. But, I look at what it took to get here and it was anything but easy! We tried for three years to get pregnant and then lost our first one at 8 weeks. I got pregnant 3 months later and spent the first several weeks terrified of another loss. Perhaps that has made me enjoy this pregnancy more because I know how hard it was to get this LO. I will absolutely miss her kicks and pokes! 

May PAL Siggy Challenge - Mom Humor
    TTC Since June 2009 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
    AL always welcome! 

• It took me 12 years to get pregnant and it cost a lot of money.  I said that I would be open to more if I did not have to pay but I just don't think that it would be a good idea to have anymore.  It has been a really hard pregnancy.  I don't think that I could take care of this child if I was this sick during another pregnancy.  Just this week I realized that I will miss the kicks and the movement.  At the same time, I am ready to be done with this.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know we're going to have more (a minimum of 2, max of 4, we always say), but honestly, I'm not looking forward to further pregnancies. I feel a little guilty for saying so, too, because I've had a very easy pregnancy compared to most people (no MS, no GD, healthy baby, steady weight gain, etc.), but still, it's not my favorite condition ever: I don't like being unable to maneuver around my belly, avoiding certain foods and drinks, peeing CONSTANTLY, and the really painful kicks. Little flutters are fine, but LO has been beating me up lately and that's not fun at all! I'm willing to do it again for the awesome prize (more kids!), but I can't say I'll miss the pregnancy itself.
    "Can I call your baby 'Ze Munchkin,' or 'ZM' for short?" - my best friend
  • imageAnnelea:
    I have been wondering the same thing, i'm 36 so if there is going to be another it will have to be soon! I have just been so worn out and tired, i dont know because of my age or this is just what pregnancy is supposed to be? i just really wonder if i could handle having a little one to keep up after and being pregnant again!  i really dont know what we are going to do!

Same here, I just turned 36 last month.  So, I'm hoping to start trying for another one after this baby turns one.  May begin a little sooner, at 9 months, depending on the length it would take to conceive considering i would be older.  I would prefer to be done having babies before I hit 40.  However, if I do have a third child, it would be most likely at 40 or older.  I can't imagine cramming 3 babies within 4 years, that would be way too much.  We'll just have to see.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"