3rd Trimester

body pillow

Hi!  Lurking from 1st trimester, hope you don't mind.

Does anyone have a body pillow they recommend for pregnancy?  With DS I just used my regular body pillow, but its not that great.  I've seen the boppy one and didnt know if it was any good?

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: body pillow

• I have a snoogle but don't love it.  I think I move too much at night because it's so hard for me to reposition myself with the snoogle and so I have to fully wake to move.  I just use a body pillow
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedoremi29:
    I have a snoogle but don't love it.  I think I move too much at night because it's so hard for me to reposition myself with the snoogle and so I have to fully wake to move.  I just use a body pillow

I agree. With DS I loved my snoogle, but it hasn't been as awesome this time. It's too fluffy to be useful and bulky.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I just use a body pillow. I'm too cheap to spend $50+ on a pillow.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• I have the Snoozer. I felt that the Snoogle was too big. The Snoozer is candy cane shaped.  I like it.  

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have the boppy body pillow and love it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I tried the Boppy during my last pregnancy and didn't like it at all. I just got the Snoogle and I'm in love. It's like sleeping on a cloud. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't like the snoogle. I think I move from side to side too much and it's a pain in the butt.  I just like using a regular pillow on my sides and feel like it's the most comfy for me.
  • I LOVE the snoogle!!
  • I use a body pillow and love it! 
  • I have the Snoogle and the Boppy wedge.  I was okay with the Snoogle when my belly was smaller, but now that it's bigger I feel like the Snoogle does nothing. I sleep with the pillows in a different place every night because what's comfortable one night isn't comfortable the next night for me.

If I were to do it again, I might spend $10 on a body pillow somewhere first and then see how that works out.  If you do decide to get a Snoogle, get it from Bed Bath & Beyond (it might be online only) and use a 20% off coupon.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have one that I found on amazon, called leachco back and belly pillow.   It  is horseshoe shape, you really need a big bed for it. But I love love love it!!  I can support my back, belly and legs all at the same time.  And I flip from side to side all night and with this pillow I don't have to move the pillow in order to flip.  And you can fold up one side to being your back so you can sit up in bed very comfortably.  It's great and for me, well worth the money. I am already sad to give this pillow up after I have my baby... But I think I have to since my dh hates how big it is.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I tried a body pillow and snoogle, but ended up hating both.  A regular pillow, and a fleecy blanket is all I use as its easier when I flip from side to side.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Im 29 weeks and am sleeping just fine without one. I wouldn't spend the money until you feel you need to get one
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • I bought a regular, cheapo body pillow at the end of my 2nd tri / beginning of my 3rd tri because I kept ending up in weird positions as I slept, either partially or entirely on my back, which is not only a no-no, but really uncomfortable (wtf, body?!). I usually prop it up against my back, then still use two separate pillows between my legs and under my head. Basically, I'm surrounded. But as I get closer to my DD, all those pillows are making me miserably hot! 

Hope that helps ;) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for the responses, everyone!

• I bought the boppy total body pillow.  It has been great.  I definitely was losing sleep due to not being comfortable, and now I can sleep mostly through the night, at least now I am not waking up because I can't get comfortable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"