Multiples

How Long Did You Look Pregnant?

I'm so tired of people asking me when I'm due and if it is a boy or girl... when I'm 2 weeks PP from having my boys!

I didn't expect everything to be back to pre-pregnancy sizes after giving birth but I feel like I look 6 months pregnant with a singleton still... I've lost 43 lbs. already but my belly is still just poking out.

How long did it take for your belly to go down so you didn't look pregnant still?   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How Long Did You Look Pregnant?

• I took a picture on my due date (2w1d after giving birth) and I looked about 5 months pregnant still. I would say by 4w or so I didn't so much look pregnant; I more looked fat. It took some time for everything to get back into place.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I had a c/s and was badly bloated afterwards too.  I'd say around 4 weeks I started looking like "is she pregnant or is she fat" stage. it was much better than when I ran into someone I knew at the hospital and they thought I was undelivered even though I was 2 days post op! 
    TTC since October 2010.
    Dx: unexplained IF
    clomid x 3 = BFN
    clomid/IUI #1 - BFP - EDD 7/13/2012 - missed Ab
    clomid/IUI #2 & #3 - BFN
    Follistim/IUI #1 (3 juicy follies) - BFP! EDD 12/19/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetirsabel:
    I had a c/s and was badly bloated afterwards too.  I'd say around 4 weeks I started looking like "is she pregnant or is she fat" stage. it was much better than when I ran into someone I knew at the hospital and they thought I was undelivered even though I was 2 days post op! 

I still feel like I look pregnant, but I hope I just look fat...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It takes 6 weeks for your uterus to go back to prepregnancyish size, so don't sweat it until then! You're doing awesome with weight loss! Our bodies stretched so much carrying twins.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was asked 2 weeks PP when I was due and told my my husbands grandma that it looked like there was another baby in there 1 week pp (which happened to be my birthday, thanks grandma!)

Anyways give yourself 6 months and then re-assess....at 1 year pp I've lost the 45+ pounds I gained....but I still have some loose skin that makes me look different then I did before even though I weigh slightly less then before the boys....I think time helps you to get comfortable with the new body! 

• I looked pregnant for a 1 1/2 to 2 months. Then just looked fat :). Now at 5 months pp I am 5 pounds lighter than I was when I got pregnant but still don't fit into most of my clothes. It doesn't help that my boobs are now F's! I can't wait for them to go down!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I would suggest a medical grade postpartum girdle which helps with recovery time and your body going back, including loose skin. They are costly but so worth it!! 
  • I'm down twelve pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, but I still have a little tummy. I hope it goes away!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• It took me 6 weeks to not look pregnant anymore.  I would say at about 4 weeks my belly really started to go down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"