3rd Trimester

How long did it take for your strong contrax to get to 5min?

I've been having strong contrax since 2AM last night. They are anywhere from 7-30 min apart, being about 10 min for the past few hours. They last 30-90 sec. How much longer could this take?! I was induced with DD, so I haven't experienced this before.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How long did it take for your strong contrax to get to 5min?

• Everyone is different but get up & walk walk walk.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
    1/1 Spotting, 1/3 beta 36,000, 1/5 u/s empty sac measuring 7w (9w5d), 1/6 d&c
    You will always be loved & missed our sweet angel.
  • Mine started at 2 min apart. Ive had false labor twice with back to back contractions for four hours the first time and 1-1.5 min apart the second.  I dont know what to expect this time either.  Walking speeds it up they say.  Dont sit it makes them hurt worse and your cervix wont dialate.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, since this is my 2nd pregnancy, my doc said to come in when my contractions are 10 mins apart (instead of 5) since subsequent deliveries tend to go faster. (Or when my water breaks, which is what happened last time.)

Maybe call and see what they say, unless you received instructions otherwise already.  

• Took me 34 hours. Went from 7-10 to 3-5.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagepitch77:

Well, since this is my 2nd pregnancy, my doc said to come in when my contractions are 10 mins apart (instead of 5) since subsequent deliveries tend to go faster. (Or when my water breaks, which is what happened last time.)

Maybe call and see what they say, unless you received instructions otherwise already.  

I had a c/s with DD, so he told me to call when I was 3 min apart. 

• imagemelaniedel:
    Took me 34 hours. Went from 7-10 to 3-5.

Good to know there's someone else who took forever. It took my mom 5 hrs from first contraction to my delivery (her first), and 3 hrs for the 2nd. I'm so jealous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"