October 2011 Moms

Big milestone today

2 years smoke free for this bush! I looooooved my camels, but I'm happy they no longer rule my life. Nicotine is a muthafuck that's really hard to rid.

Anyone else have success in quitting? Or have another big milestone approaching?

imageimage
Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

Re: Big milestone today

• Congrats! I grew up in a house where both parents and three older siblings smoked, so I started smoking when I was 12. I quit when I was 17, and I haven't slipped up since.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats to you Missy! That is a huge accomplishment to quit and stay tobacco free for this long. I am very proud of you!
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • That's awesome!! Definitely something to be proud of! I'll be smoke free for 3 years in August. I never thought I would be able to quit, but I'm so happy I did. Best thing I've ever done for myself!
  • It has been a year since I have had a cigarette and 4 years since I smoked everyday. Quitting is hard work so great job!! 2 years is a long time without having one. It's difficult to not have one here and there when you smoked for so long but I am doing well resisting the occasional urge.
  • Congratulations girl!!!  I smoked in high school, and started again when I had a big break up at age 22.  Luckily for me, it was easy to quit both times-I have no idea why.  Funnily enough, now I am super sensitive to cigarette smoke now.  Go figure.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks, ladies! I'm glad to see other quitters. It's a very hard habit to quit. I smoked from age 12 to 28. I really only quit because I find out we were pregnant. Morning sickness helped make the need for nicotine easier, since the thought and smell of smoking made me want to vomit. I also enjoyed my cocktails before baby. I took the money I would have spent each month on cigarettes and bought myself a massage a month during my pregnancy. No better incentive to quit than an amazing massage.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Congrats!! I'm proud of you!!
  • Congrats! I smoked my last cigarette in Toronto at the airport when I was done with immigration. That was Aug 4, 2008. I just couldn't see myself smoking outside in Canadian winters. I was at at least a pack a day.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Missy that's fantastic! It's a fabulous habit to quit, but so difficult. Good for you!
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • congrats that is awesome
    image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Way to go!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Congrats!""
    ive been smoke free for almost 6 years now. I smoked pretty hard core like a chimdey then one day i woke up and realized enough. I succeeded and here i am today.

• imageNita2603:
    Congrats! I smoked my last cigarette in Toronto at the airport when I was done with immigration. That was Aug 4, 2008. I just couldn't see myself smoking outside in Canadian winters. I was at at least a pack a day.

Lol i hated smoking in toronto during the winter
    Are you a canadian citzen yet??? Or would it be aug 2013 that your eligible??

• Congrats Missy. That is awesome!

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"