February 2013 Moms

Our Team Green Baby is here!!! January 25, 2013!

Our LO was due feb 12 and we had scheduled a c-section for feb 7, but this sweet boy had different plans! About 8:00 Thursday night I started having Braxton hicks with a lot of low pressure. The contractions started changing by 9:30 and were making my hips and back burn. DH went to bed but it was starting to get really painful. I was up and down drinking water and changing positions. But I knew these weren't the same so I started cleaning the house knowing I was going to the hospital and a baby was coming home. By 1:00 I was having a hard time breathing through the contractions. Called my doctor who said to take 2 Benadryl and use a heating pad and if it is false labor it will go away. By 2:00 I woke up DH and said I can't take it anymore we have to go now. They arent kidding when they say YOU WILL KNOW when it's real labor. We dropped off DS at his sister's house and got to the hospital around 3:00. Contractions were 3 min apart and I had dilated to a 5. I was begging for the epidural. Made it until 4:15 when the on-call doctor arrived for the c-section.

It's a boy! Baby Liam Paul (the 25th is the feast day of the conversion of St. Paul) arrived at 4:38am, two weeks early. 6 lbs 11oz and perfect! He was "grunting" which means having a hard time breathing when they got him out. He's doing so much better now. They took him off the CPAP machine but he will be in the NICU for a week. We are so in love with our little surprise boy! We finally got to hold him last night! Good luck mommas!!!! Thanks for all you support!!! 

Ill try and post a picture later!

Re: Our Team Green Baby is here!!! January 25, 2013!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"