May 2013 Moms

Videos of Labor & Delivery....

So I started my birthing classes at the hospital I'll be delivering at and last night we watched 4 different L&D videos. This may make me immature etc etc. but good Lord. That is probably the most unattractive/disgusting thing I have ever seen. Can I just skip over that part and get the cute baby?? Yes? Ok, good. My DH said that it didn't bother him or gross him out. I said that is because you're not going to to be the one spread eagle with a human being coming out of you in front of a room full of medical staff. I know all women who have already had children say that when you are going through L&D all modesty and feelings of humiliation go out the window, I say, I hope you're right. I'm a fairly private person and have always been very self concious of my body and I'm really not looking forward to this....

Re: Videos of Labor & Delivery....

• ...so....I guess you won't be doing it like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37OhkIO8SDk

• Just schedule a c-section for 36 weeks.  Then you can avoid all the mess!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebotanicalbliss:
    Just schedule a c-section for 36 weeks.  Then you can avoid all the mess!

That is beginning to sound appealing (jk, sort of). I believe that having a vaginal delivery (if possible, not knocking c-section mamas) is the best thing, but dang, it's nasty.

• imageMotherMayEye:

...so....I guess you won't be doing it like this?

I'm at work so I can't open this video and I'm not sure if I want to! I'll have to check it out when I get home...

• imageBoo0512:

imagebotanicalbliss:

That is beginning to sound appealing (jk, sort of). I believe that having a vaginal delivery (if possible, not knocking c-section mamas) is the best thing, but dang, it's nasty.

We need to have a font for sarcasm. 

• imageMotherMayEye:

Yeah no cameras in the delivery room with me please!! I sent this to my sister yesterday! talk about disturbing for her kids, the viewers etc!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnv6WhJkGZI

Classic line to her husband "put the toilet paper on my bum hole because I am pushing against the poo...."

IVF# 1 with ICSI 05/02/2012 - Husband had surgery 07/13/2012 - Started BCP 07/31/2012 - Stopped BCP 08/02/2012 - Little Friend came and had trand vag echo and blood test 08/03/2012 - started Puregon 250UI a day 08/10/2012 - blood test and transvag echo. Continued with Puregon, added Orgalutron and Menopur 08/12/2012 - did regular meds in morn, Pregnyl trigger shot at 930pm 08/14/2012 - ER with only a shot of anesthetic to my whoha - OUCH -next time i will ask for general. They were only able to get at one ovary because the other is located too close to my intestines. 08/17/2012 - ET of 2 Grade A emryos. Dr said only two really good ones were available and if the others make it to blastocyst stage. 08/27/2012 - No call from doctor so we can assume nothing to freeze. 08/31/2012 - Beta #1 286.2 - I am pregnant! Doctor is not doing a second Beta 09/1472012 - Saw babys heart flutter Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagebotanicalbliss:
    imageBoo0512:

imagebotanicalbliss:

We need to have a font for sarcasm. 

I realize that you were being facetious...

• I've seen several birth videos before and they don't bother me too much for some reason. DH, on the other hand, is already a huge wuss when it comes to blood or anything medically-graphic. He has already said he will probably need the doc to prescribe HIM a valium in order to get through the birth, and TBH, I think he would probably be satisfied with hanging out in the waiting room until it's all over.

Obviously, this will not fly with me. I told him he can stay by my head and I won't make him cut the cord or anything, but he is going to be there. I'm terrified our birthing class will show a video and then I'll quite literally have to drag him kicking and screaming into the delivery room after that! I sorta wish I could just keep him in the dark until the big day, lol!

BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Birthing videos don't creep me out because of the delivery but I get realllly uncomfortable watching real women in labor (prior to pushing, when they're all balancing on a ball and rocking on all fours and whatnot). I feel like I am watching them take a sh!t and I'm just not okay with that.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
  • imageburkems:
    Birthing videos don't creep me out because of the delivery but I get realllly uncomfortable watching real women in labor (prior to pushing, when they're all balancing on a ball and rocking on all fours and whatnot). I feel like I am watching them take a sh!t and I'm just not okay with that.

Haha, agreed! I also don't care for hearing them moaning and groaning...just doesn't seem like a pleasant experience overall. 

• I've had a baby each way.  DH was fine in the vaginal one, and I refused the mirror....becuase IMO who would want to see that?  However, DH was outright disturbed by the c-section because after he went to take a pic of DS on the scale being photographed, he caught sight of my organs outside my body as he came back to me.  "I've seen more of you than I ever imagined....and could really have done without that!" was his reaction.

Check out a c-section video if you really want to be disturbed.  Why the h*LL can't the stork be real!

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• imagesurpriseaddition:

I've had a baby each way.  DH was fine in the vaginal one, and I refused the mirror....becuase IMO who would want to see that?  However, DH was outright disturbed by the c-section because after he went to take a pic of DS on the scale being photographed, he caught sight of my organs outside my body as he came back to me.  "I've seen more of you than I ever imagined....and could really have done without that!" was his reaction.

Check out a c-section video if you really want to be disturbed.  Why the h*LL can't the stork be real!

We also watched a c-section vid which made my stomach turn a little. Where the eff is that stork? Tongue Tied

• imageBsAsKate:
    imageMotherMayEye:

Yeah no cameras in the delivery room with me please!! I sent this to my sister yesterday! talk about disturbing for her kids, the viewers etc!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnv6WhJkGZI

Classic line to her husband "put the toilet paper on my bum hole because I am pushing against the poo...."

Bahahhaha! This is so completely immature of me but when she's in the bathroom it looked like a scene of a horror movie. Like Samara from "the ring" giving birth. Then out of nowhere her kids are walking around naked like "hey mom we wanna be just like you. All naked and stuff"

Then she is in dying pain standing on the toilet and 5 sec later, she's sharing melon with her tots.

Weird.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Whatever you do, don't watch an epidural being done on video. That thing scared the crap out of me when I was pregnant with DD1. It is no wonder the mom can't see that being done! I had flashbacks of the video while I was actually receiving mine! 

And yes, you really don't care who is in the room when you are delivering that baby! You are so oblivious anyways because you are so focused on getting that baby out! It is sort of a surreal feeling. 

image ~~~Jan 31st, 2010. Back together again.~~~
  • Guess it's to late to turn around now :/

I always thought I was ready until I watched that video lol

• imagesmiles325:

Whatever you do, don't watch an epidural being done on video. That thing scared the crap out of me when I was pregnant with DD1. It is no wonder the mom can't see that being done! I had flashbacks of the video while I was actually receiving mine! 

And yes, you really don't care who is in the room when you are delivering that baby! You are so oblivious anyways because you are so focused on getting that baby out! It is sort of a surreal feeling. 

When anyone begins to talk about an epidural i stop them. I don't want to hear anything about. It takes SO much for me to not faint when i just get my blood taken. I'm such a wuss.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagekjfox10:

Guess it's to late to turn around now :/

I always thought I was ready until I watched that video lol

Ummm, yea.  Same here

• imageMotherMayEye:

OMG-Seriously?!? I was also very nervous and grossed about about the thought of how on display I would be. My experience giving birth to my son was much different. For starters I wore my hospital gown and was not completely exposed, also it was just my husband and one nurse up untill just the last few minutes of the 2 hours and 40 minutes I pushed for. They even gave me a mirror which I thought would be dreadful but was not that bad. I also had an epidural so there was no crazy screaming for me. Overall, I would MUCH rather go thru a vaginal child birth WITH AN EPIDURAL than a scheduled c-section.
    imageimageimage
  • imageCaitlanb58:
    imagesmiles325:

Whatever you do, don't watch an epidural being done on video. That thing scared the crap out of me when I was pregnant with DD1. It is no wonder the mom can't see that being done! I had flashbacks of the video while I was actually receiving mine! 

When anyone begins to talk about an epidural i stop them. I don't want to hear anything about. It takes SO much for me to not faint when i just get my blood taken. I'm such a wuss.

I too was afraid of the epidural but I did not think it was bad, especially compared to the contractions I was having.
    imageimageimage
  • imageCaitlanb58:
    imagesmiles325:

I too was afraid of the epidural but I did not think it was bad, especially compared to the contractions I was having.
    imageimageimage
  • imageMotherMayEye:

Why is she naked?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"