January 2013 Moms

Diaper frustration

In the hospital they used pampers.  These leaked with both pee and poop for DS so we decided pampers were not for us.  Huggies hold in all the poop BUT on several occasions the pee leaks.  We are pointing his pee pee down but it is not leaking in the front it is leaking on his back left side.....for the life of me I can not figure this out.  The pampers leaked in the same spot.  How is it leaking on his back left side??  This happens at least 2x a day.  At first we thought we were not putting the diapers on tight enough but that it not the case, I would not feel comfortable making them any tighter on him.  Size 1's are still too big for him so I know it is not a diaper size.  Thoughts?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014

Re: Diaper frustration

• Are you making sure the ruffle is down all the way around the leg?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• This is a reach, but do you think he is held with his left side down more often than the right? Could it be positional? I always have leaks with Pampers, and I hate Huggies (bulky, smell like pee, leak, feel wet with only drops urine). I have had zero issues with Luvs, although I never tried newborn size. Different diapers work for different babies so it may be a trial and error issue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebearkatjen:
    Are you making sure the ruffle is down all the way around the leg?

this. Make sure the ruffle isn't tucked in. 

BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had that problem with Huggies but since someone had given us a bunch of them, we wanted to make them work. We actually ended up using the size ones when my son still could fit into the newborn size. We folded the front down inside the diaper, forming a seal type pocket and no more leaks! We were going through several outfits each day and now he keeps the same one on all day long with no problems!
  • imagelandosmommy:

imagebearkatjen:

this. Make sure the ruffle isn't tucked in. 

This is my first thought too. What size are you using? Maybe they aren't the right size if it's not a ruffle problem? We only used Pampers Swaddlers for a couple weeks until she went exclusively into cloth but we never had any problems.

• We are in the same boat with DS... it's almost like every diaper change=outfit change because of leaks. Trying to make more of an effort to point his penis down, but will also make sure ruffle is out. We are using both Huggies and Pampers NB still and that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebearkatjen:
    This is a very good point, we will watch for this!!  Thanks :)

• I switched DD to size one around 8 lbs 10 oz. She was having blow outs in the NBs. Have you tried the size ones? Or just figure they will be too big?

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• This was happening to us as well- changing outfits every nap.  We went up to size 1 and (knock on wood) haven't had a leak in days...
  • It's so strange how they pee up their backs.
    I agree with others saying it may be a size issue. Try Target brand. Love them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Wow, so glad I'm not the only one!!! We've tried Pampers and Huggies and leaks with both. The laundry is getting out of control b/c most times he leaks on his outfit, blanket, burp cloth, AND it gets on my shirt and sometimes pants!! lol. I'm planning to start cloth tomorrow though, so here's to hoping that is the ultimate fix!
           I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• imageSunshineShades:
    I switched DD to size one around 8 lbs 10 oz. She was having blow outs in the NBs. Have you tried the size ones? Or just figure they will be too big?
    It must have been the ruffle. Now that we have been watching and fixing that, no more leaks! We tried size 1's on him and they are still WAY too big :) thanks ladies!!

• imageSunshineShades:
    I switched DD to size one around 8 lbs 10 oz. She was having blow outs in the NBs. Have you tried the size ones? Or just figure they will be too big?
    It must have been the ruffle. Now that we have been watching and fixing that, no more leaks! We tried size 1's on him and they are still WAY too big :) thanks ladies!!

• imageAllison546:
    We are in the same boat with DS... it's almost like every diaper change=outfit change because of leaks. Trying to make more of an effort to point his penis down, but will also make sure ruffle is out. We are using both Huggies and Pampers NB still and that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Me too! So annoying! I tried a size 1 last night and no leaks! But DS is so tiny i don't get how the NB aren't right!
  • imageEllei03:
    imageAllison546:
    We are in the same boat with DS... it's almost like every diaper change=outfit change because of leaks. Trying to make more of an effort to point his penis down, but will also make sure ruffle is out. We are using both Huggies and Pampers NB still and that doesn't seem to make a difference.
    Me too! So annoying! I tried a size 1 last night and no leaks! But DS is so tiny i don't get how the NB aren't right!

I was having the same issues with DS and newborn, it's because they were too big.  I went down to Preemie Small and all leaks stopped.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"