August 2012 Moms
Options

Easy Sweet Potato Pie

Shopping List: Sweet potatoes, frozen pie shells, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon salt.

Filling:
Start with about 7 sweet potatos. Rinse, fork to vent bake in oven at 350 for approx 45 mins or until tender. You can also nuke them to save time. Peel skins and remove tough strings, if any. Place in bowl and use mixer until smooth.

Softened butter. Lots of butter ya'll. You can use any kind. The salted cream butter is my fave. My MIL uses Country Crock. Whatever your preference. About 2 sticks for 7 potatoes. Or 1/2 cup of the tubbed stuff. This is variable. Use as much or as little as you like.

Brown sugar. At least a good cup. Maybe 2. Again, this is all to your taste.

Cinnamon, about a tsp. Dash of salt.

Mix all with mixer until smooth. Taste often. No eggs to worry with.

Frozen pie shells. Or if you are industrious, make your own! Fill as full as you like.

Bake at 350 until pie crust is brown. About 30 mins maybe?

Top with your favorite whipped cream topping. These are so easy and a crowd favorite at our church. We make them in mass quantities as gifts for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Enjoy!

photo happy4th_zps32a39228.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Easy Sweet Potato Pie

• Options
    Yeeeeeessss!!!!

I'm going to the grocery in a bit! Jackpot!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh wow. I think I felt a heart valve slamming shut just reading this recipe. And now I want a piece. Thanks for sharing!! 

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    And ps. Good morning, my Meller!

Pps: when I typed "morning" my phone tried to change it to "meningitis". I almost left it. Lol
  • Options

I only have one sweet potato (leftover from baby food makin)

I'm going to make an personal one sweet potato sized pie using your recipe. 

And I"m going to eat it for breakfast...

Don't judge me. 

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagegarciasgal:
    I only have one sweet potato leftover from baby food makinI'm going to make an personal one sweet potato sized pie using your recipe.nbsp;And I"m going to eat it for breakfast...Don't judge me.nbsp;

What's to judge?! I'm jealous!!!
  • Options
    imagemeaknigh:
    Oh wow. I think I felt a heart valve slamming shut just reading this recipe. And now I want a piece. Thanks for sharing!!nbsp;

As I said in FFFC, it is not Weight Watchers friendly. You can use the "heart healthy" style butters if you like use less of it. I guess you could get a cracker crust instead?

Just cut it into small pieces to reduce the calories, lol.

• Options
    Sounds delicious. I love recipes that are flexible like that. You can make it your own.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    imageJnmac83:

Pps: when I typed "morning" my phone tried to change it to "meningitis". I almost left it. Lol

Gmornin' my favorite bumpie love!

As far as meningitis, meh, I've been called worse.

I almost texted you "penis butter sandwich" last week instead of peanut butter sandwich.

[[shudder]]

• Options
    imagemelmarie26:
    imageJnmac83:

Gmornin' my favorite bumpie love!

As far as meningitis, meh, I've been called worse.

I almost texted you "penis butter sandwich" last week instead of peanut butter sandwich.

[[shudder]]

Lol. Who doesn't love a good penis butter sandwich every now and then?!
  • Options
    Thanks! If you google "pioneer woman flaky crust", you can find an easy and delicious pie crust recipe that can be frozen if someone is interested. I use it for apple turnovers, too!

I'm excited to try this recipe.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    imagegarciasgal:
    I only have one sweet potato leftover from baby food makinI'm going to make an personal one sweet potato sized pie using your recipe.nbsp;And I"m going to eat it for breakfast...Don't judge me.nbsp;

No judgment here. I ate a slice for breakfast yesterday! Enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"