November 2011 Moms

This sucks.

I'm pretty sure that our dryer is crapping out on us.
Dh has had this off brand washer and dryer set for almost 10 yrs now. I knew this day was coming. But I was really hoping to be able to hold of buying a new washer/dryer until later this year.
Anyone have an awesome washer and dryer to recommend?

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: This sucks.

• Our front loader and dryer by Frigidaire have been awesome! In the 10 years we've had them, we've had to replace one part on each of them, and that's it. Happy hunting!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't remember what we bought, but we have a "scratch and dent" appliance store in town that we bought them from.  We paid dirt for a new set that wasn't actually damaged, just discontinued.  I would look into a similar store in your area if possible.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • We have some supposedly awesome samsung set that I picked out just before DD was born.  The front loader, stackable kind. However, I will say that I miss my top loader washer so bad.  I will definitely be going back to it.  I miss the ability to soak things...overnight if I want.  Looking back, I don't know why I was so hung up on getting these. Maybe others will have reasons why they love these things but I sure don't. 

• imagembgreenwalt:
    I don't remember what we bought, but we have a "scratch and dent" appliance store in town that we bought them from.  We paid dirt for a new set that wasn't actually damaged, just discontinued.  I would look into a similar store in your area if possible.

I am totally planning on taking a trip to the Sears Outlet store & what they have.

I really don't wanna pay full price for a washer & dryer right now. I've been working really hard to pay off debt & we don't really have the savings, yet, to blow on a washer/dryer set.

Ugh..maybe the dryer is just having an "off" night..lol..

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageJamiesWife2010:

imagembgreenwalt:
    I don't remember what we bought, but we have a "scratch and dent" appliance store in town that we bought them from.  We paid dirt for a new set that wasn't actually damaged, just discontinued.  I would look into a similar store in your area if possible.

I am totally planning on taking a trip to the Sears Outlet store & what they have.

I really don't wanna pay full price for a washer & dryer right now. I've been working really hard to pay off debt & we don't really have the savings, yet, to blow on a washer/dryer set.

Ugh..maybe the dryer is just having an "off" night..lol..

This could be!

• I had the whirlpool duet washer and dryer at my last house that I absolutely loved.  We had added a counter over them right before we moved, otherwise I would have brought them to my new house.  My w+d are a piece of crap so I'm probably going to have to buy a new set soon too.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Before you buy new, try going to the website repair clinic. They can help diagnose problems, have tutorials on how to repair, and sell parts to repair. My 14 year old dryer went out and all it cost was a $15 part. This was easily replaced by DH. It would have cost us $200 or more for a new one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"