August 2013 Moms

Outta the loop...

Ok...I'm sure there are some other mothers out there who are feeling the same. I have been on this site for a while, and I've deciphered the hieroglyphs that are the abbreviations all over this website. It is of course a helpful website. I just find myself spending so much damn time trying to figure out all the abbreviations people are using. 

The pet peeve of this is, when someone is writing a freakin novel of a post and throwing in tons of DH, DS, BFP and blah blah blah....it makes me nuts!!!

Ok...rant done. Thanks! :)  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Outta the loop...

• And my pet peeve is multiple tickers for the same baby.

That IS fun. Thanks!

• Wow, this just got friendly. Btw, I've had issues with my ticker and had the website help me fix it. When I delete one they both go. So thanks for sharing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Lol, oh boy!
    imageimageimageimage

• imagesabrinatolga:

I just find myself spending so much damn time trying to figure out all the abbreviations people are using. 

Me too!  I have most of them, but then random ones pop up that I have no idea! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I do agree with you! It gets confusing sometimes.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Nezi again
  • Amarissa how are you feeling today?
    imageamarissa85:
    Lol, oh boy!
  • imagesabrinatolga:
    Wow, this just got friendly. Btw, I've had issues with my ticker and had the website help me fix it. When I delete one they both go. So thanks for sharing.

I enjoy the fact that you used an abbreviation (btw) but you couldn't possibly figure out the ones that people use here. A tip, sweetie : look in the bottom left hand corner of this page. 

Mom to Jacob, Henry and Ian Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs JillB:

imagesabrinatolga:
    Wow, this just got friendly. Btw, I've had issues with my ticker and had the website help me fix it. When I delete one they both go. So thanks for sharing.

I enjoy the fact that you used an abbreviation (btw) but you couldn't possibly figure out the ones that people use here. A tip, sweetie : look in the bottom left hand corner of this page. 

I also think that one of the abbreviations she complains about (BFP) is in her siggy twice! Lol. Anywhere you go online is going to have a "language" so to speak. Lucky for you this website has a glossary. Most don't!

photo pooka_zpsc2aa61f3.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageMrs JillB:

imagesabrinatolga:

That might be too difficult for her though!

Here OP I've made it really easy for you, all you have to do is click on this link! I hope that's not too annoying for you.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/blogs/nest_baby_editors/pages/the-bump-community-glossary.aspx

• Ouch! this thread is getting harsh.  I do have one that bugs me though and I can't find it anywhere. What the heck is MFM?

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • LOL totally agree! I still don't know them all...I feel like I missed something hahaha
  • imagelisarene77:

Ouch! this thread is getting harsh.  I do have one that bugs me though and I can't find it anywhere. What the heck is MFM?

Maternal-Fetal Medicine

• imageLilMissScareAll:
    imagelisarene77:

Ouch! this thread is getting harsh.  I do have one that bugs me though and I can't find it anywhere. What the heck is MFM?

Maternal-Fetal Medicine

Hey LilMissScareAll!! I ADORE your tickers! :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagesabrinatolga:
    Amarissa how are you feeling today?
    imageamarissa85:
    Lol, oh boy!

I am actually in quite a b!itchy mood for various reasons. 

imageimageimageimage

• imageMrs JillB:

imagesabrinatolga:

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• imageMrs JillB:

imagesabrinatolga:

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Sometimes I gloss over abbreviations I don't know. I know WHERE you can find the glossary but sometimes it's annoying to go back and forth.

I think OP (ha) was referring to super long posts that have a whole bunch of abbreviations in it. It's like - if you are going to write that much, you might as well just spell EVERYTHING out.

I could be wrong though to her intent.

Also, admittedly, I HATE saying DH but I still do it just out of ease. 

• It's all out of ease.  Took me a long time to start using "DH" and "LO" but they've become second nature to me, after 3 years now since I started.  Much easier to abbreviate.

• imageatoz625:
    It's all out of ease.nbsp; Took me a long time to start using "DH" and "LO" but they've become second nature to me, after 3 years now since I started.nbsp; Much easier to abbreviate.

I am getting use to the lingo. Just the attacks on people seem out of line on this board. This is a support forum. I didn't attack anyone, I said its been difficult to follow at times. And interesting enough, the DH reference makes me laugh because I don't use the term dear husband ever. I speak fondly of him just not in this way.

So since we're all pregnant and bitchy cant we all just understand and get along?
  • imageamarissa85:

imagesabrinatolga:
    Amarissa how are you feeling today?

imageamarissa85:
    Lol, oh boy!

I am actually in quite a b!itchy mood for various reasons. 

Yeah, I feel you on that one today. Can't wait for second trimester to hurry up and get here. Maybe I'll stop feeling pukey too.
  • imagesabrinatolga:
    imageatoz625:
    It's all out of ease.nbsp; Took me a long time to start using "DH" and "LO" but they've become second nature to me, after 3 years now since I started.nbsp; Much easier to abbreviate.

I am getting use to the lingo. Just the attacks on people seem out of line on this board. This is a support forum. I didn't attack anyone, I said its been difficult to follow at times. And interesting enough, the DH reference makes me laugh because I don't use the term dear husband ever. I speak fondly of him just not in this way.

So since we're all pregnant and bitchy cant we all just understand and get along?

By the looks of this silly thread it looks like you attacked first calling the abbreviations a pet peeve. Yes, these boards have a language of their own and it doesn't make sense at first but hey, I don't go to foreign countries and tell them their language sucks....lol.

Anyway, just seemed like you drew your weapon first on this one! And since interwebz doesn't show tone, I'm writing this is a very lighthearted, joking way!
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• It annoys me even more when the abbreviations aren't even in the glossary
  • imageMandaPanda518:
    imageMrs JillB:

imagesabrinatolga:

That might be too difficult for her though!

Here OP I've made it really easy for you, all you have to do is click on this link! I hope that's not too annoying for you.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/blogs/nest_baby_editors/pages/the-bump-community-glossary.aspx

That was pretty uncalled for... No need to be a *** about it...

image BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"