June 2013 Moms

Slings for Babywearing

I really want to get a sling of some sort for this baby but have no idea where to start! I have an ergo that I love but I was looking for a sling type carrier for when the baby is little and then to use on my hip as he gets bigger. I have a 2 year old so I'm assuming I will be unable to hold him as much as I did her but I don't want him sitting in a swing or bouncy all the time either. 

I'm sorry if there have been previous posts like this one! Any help is appreciated! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Slings for Babywearing

• I bought a baby k'tan, which is kind of a hybrid between a sling and a wrap, since you can wear it in multiple ways.
    Sunshine_zps3fcf529f
    BFP #1 on 8/11/12 | natural m/c at 5 weeks
    BFP #2 on 10/20/12 | due 6/28/13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'd recommend a ring sling.  I had a Maya wrap RS and it was fine, but now I have a WCRS (wrap conversion ring sling) from Sleeping Baby Productions and it is super supportive.  I can wear my toddler comfortably and I know it will be great for a newbie.  Not sure if you're going to be BFing, but I found the RS to be the easiest to nurse in.
    Formerly Photocat82, but the bump is fabulous and I somehow ended up with a corrupted account. imageAdventures in Randomness Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I came across this do it yourself sling. It looks like it grows with the baby.

https://babygearcenter.com/baby-wraps/creating-baby-wrap-sling.html 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • I failed wraps but I have a Rockin Baby Pouch that is great.  It's like a Hotsling but the shoulder has zippers to change the size/tightness.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a ton of different wraps, but my favorite and IMO most versatile one is my ring sling. 
    dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Go to one of SouthSideDrea's posts and look at her blog - she is the babywearing whisperer and has a lot of info!

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"