February 2013 Moms
Options

Silly question from a slacking FTM!

Hi ladies!

I'm sure this has been discussed a jillion times on here, but I'd like your opinions & experiences!

Where are you putting your infant carseat? I've read conflicting opinions on this. I've read that baby should be in the middle if you have side impact airbags in the backseat, but I've also read that baby is safer behind one of the front seats.

What are your thoughts? TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Silly question from a slacking FTM!

• Options
    I would like to see the responses to this too. I didn't even know it mattered!
    --Married 4 Years - PCOS - Insulin Resistant - Irregular Cycles - TTC 24mon - Metformin - Progesterone - Phentermine - 40 pounds lost - 3 rounds Clomid - DH 1% sperm morphology - BFP June 23rd - Paxton born 2/15/2013 - August 2013 Let's Have Another Baby- Charting Cycles with OPC and Charting Temps, No Ovulation Jan- Start clomid Feb 2014  --
  • Options
    We installed the base in the middle of the backseat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejersey1402:
    If you can then the middle, we can't so had it installed behind te passenger seat as the driver wouldn't be able to put the drivers seat back enough to drive the car I we put it behind the drivers seat.

this exactly :) 

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've read many articles on this even with DD1, the safest place in ANY vehicle, no matter age or size is the middle of the back seat.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Read your cars manual. In some vehicles it will specifically tell you not to use the middle even though yes it is the safest. Both of our vehicles have a console in the middle if the back which means you can't put a rear facing car seat there. And there are a few other reasons besides that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The middle is def the best, especially bec then you can reach it best too. Once you other children, the least safest seat should stay in the middle the infant seat is usually safest, and will get move to the side. At that point the passenger is easiest and seems mist convienent
  • Options
    The middle is safest because most crashes are side impact usually on the drivers side, so if not the middle than the passenger side. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    photo D0EE104210C440E48E28B53BA940865Bashx_zpsff62f0b1.gif photo A24F501B345347968B2BC922AD7C0613ashx_zpsf08f7401.gif
  • Options

imageEzekgab:
    The middle is safest because most crashes are side impact usually on the drivers side, so if not the middle than the passenger side. 

Where did you see that?  I read that only 25% of crashes are side impact. 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Options
    Mine are on the sides because I have 2 and the infant won't fit in the middle. Read your manual though. If you have an SUV and there is not middle latch you need to make sure the side latches are a certain length apart or it won't be safe.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    In the middle is safest, behind the passenger side seat is second safest... Then behind the drivers side. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"