3rd Trimester

Which carseat are you using?

DD is 4 and I haven't looked too much at infant carseats in a long time so I don't know what carseat is hot right now..Graco still what most people buy?  I just saw a couple nice looking Chicco carseats on Target.com.  Please tell me what you are using for baby!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Which carseat are you using?

• The new Britax infant seats look pretty cool with the bar on them..Britax chaperone is on sale for $183 instead of $229 on Target..anyone have this?
  • I know a few people with Britax infant seats and they like them. I have a Graco from DD that I'll reuse, but Chicco has really good ratings, too.  I adore my Britax convertible, so I would use their infant seat.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Chicco Keyfit 30
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • FTM so I have no experience but based on online reviews and real life recommendations, I got the Chicco Keyfit 30. It's 20% off on Target's website right now. Lucie's List has basically become my bible and she highly recommends it.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • peg perego viaggio because it fits in my car.  It is amazing - the only one we've tried that managed to fit in the back without having somebody in front having their knees jammed into their faces.  We bought it in a less-than-ideal color, and saved over $100.
    Geeky is as Geeky Does... BabyFruit Ticker
  • We'll be using the same Graco snugride we used for DS.
  • imagedrpayne:
    Chicco Keyfit 30

Same here.

• I am leaning towards peg perego. I went to babiesrus and could not find 1 car seat I liked. I thought all the infant car seats they had in stock that will fit with the uppababy stroller looked cheap (Graco, Chicco). My only advice would be to look at them in person before you buy one.
  • imagedrpayne:
    Chicco Keyfit 30

this

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Chicco Keyfit 30.  It's what we used with DD and it's still good(not expired).

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Chicco KeyFit30- we used one for DD and loved it but it had expired so we bought a new one.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Chicco Keyfit 30

It has the best reviews and when I worked at a hospital daycare for a few years, that's what all the doctor's babies had. I figured they'd be really expensive but they were pretty average at $180

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
  • britax chaperone
  • imagedrpayne:
    Chicco Keyfit 30

This. Used it with my other kids and love it.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're using the Graco Snugride infant seat. The one we used w/ our first gal was fine, but it was going to expire before we'd be done with it for this one, so we had to replace. And I went with the same model because it'll work with our Snap N Go and the Graco adapter for our Bugaboo Bee. 
  • Going with the Graco Snugride 30.  I use Lucie's list, and its one of the top 3 car seats, and it won't break the bank!

imageimage
    DS Born 2/22/09. TTC #2 since Oct. 2011. MMC on 05/03/12 at 12w1d. CP on 02/08/12 at 5 weeks.

BFP 07/27/2012 - Beta 1 - 169 @ 11 DPO, Beta 2 - 419 @ 13 DPO, DD Born on 04/04/2013.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AL Always Welcome

• We had a Chicco Keyfit with DD and will use it again with this one. 

I never used the infant seat as a carrier because I found way too heavy and uncomfortable. In hindsight I would have been good with starting with a convertible seat and saving the money on the infant seat.

Our convertible seat is a Britax Marathon or Boulevard... I can't remember now. 

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Graco Snugride 35. Its a little bit snug in the middle seat of my Jetta and DH's Mazda, but it fits and it works well with the adaptor we bought for our Baby Jogger City Mini.
  • imageMrsWindyCity:
    We'll be using the same Graco snugride we used for DS.
    this...  
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Thanks..I am checking out Amazon now.  That is an even better deal than Target!! I am confused tho..I was just reading the reviews on amazon for the Britax chaperone and really the only negative I kept seeing was that it was too heavy..but on targets website it lists the britax weighing 10 lbs and the Chicco weighing 16 lbs! Lighter is definitely something I am looking for
  • Ok, now on amazon it says the britax is 20 lbs!! That sounds right with how people are describing it!
  • Britax marathon
  • imageLjd425:
    Ok, now on amazon it says the britax is 20 lbs!! That sounds right with how people are describing it!

I have a feeling what you are seeing is the total weight of the seat + the base. I believe most of the infant carriers are 10lbs or less by themselves. (I want to say the graco or baby trend is somewhere in the high 7s and the Chicco is in the low 9s?) If your infant carrier was 20 lbs by itself there's no way you'd be lugging that thing around with even a 10 lb baby in it. 

BFP 5.21.12 ~~ Born 1.28.13
    BFP 8.14.15 ~~ Due 4.22.16
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I used the Chicco Keyfit 30 for DD and will be using the same carseat for LO. I am not sure what will happen when LO transitions to a convertible carseat b/c I don't think DD will be out of hers yet. I use the Britax Marathon 70 and I don't remember what DH uses.
  • Graco Snugride. I find it to work perfectly for the price. I love the Chicco Key Fit 30, but can't justify spending that much. The extra bases are pricey also, where as the extra bases for the Graco are only around 20 or 30 bucks.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The same Graco Snugride we used with DD. 
  • We are hoping to skip the infant seat and go straight into the Britax Boulevard.  It just came today actually - Amazon has them for $233.

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Maxi Cosi Mico is what we used before. I might get their new model, the prezi. I love the new safety features, especially the rebound bar.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• I chose the Safety 1st OnBoard Air 35 this time. It has a 32" height limit, and it had plenty of room width wise when my 2 yo tested it out. It was also highly rated when I was searching for infant seat comparisons.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • The number one rated car seat is graco snug ride35 I got mine for 100 at Albee baby. Com and the chicco are good too look up top rated infant carseats! I know graco's seats are steal reenforced so to me it's an easy choice! I have not heard a bad thing about them! Well except that it was heavy but I don't think so. I think it's due to the fact I am athletic and lift/curl 8lb weights daily! well I try to so the seat with a baby is nothin... But I would never get the britix or other "walmart brand" it's just not as safe! Good luck!
  • imagedrpayne:
    Chicco Keyfit 30

same here 

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"