August 2013 Moms

Could this be movement?

Let me preface by saying that I have always been in tune with and hypersensitive to any changes in my body AND this is my first baby.  The past few days, I've felt a teensy, tickly, tugging or twitching feeling way down low when I sit or lie very still at the end of the day.  It doesn't happen often, and it doesn't happen every day.  I have also had epic rumbly gas, but THOSE movements haven't been teensy at all.  I am 12 weeks 6 days.  I keep flip flopping on whether I think this is the baby or just a new type of gas experience.

What do you girls think?  What has been your experience?

Re: Could this be movement?

• I've wondered that too, but I figure it's probably wishful thinking.  I figure I'll just brush it off for a few more weeks until I'm like "woah, that's definitely the small human inside of me."
  • This is my first baby too, and sometimes if I'm lying very still and put my hand low on my abdomen, I feel a slight pop, like a popcorn kernel. It doesn't happen often, but every once in a while if I'm quiet and paying attention, I feel a little pop. Sometimes I wonder if that is movement too. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's gas, and may not feel like the rumbles you are used to, but your insides are shifting around after all. You won't feel your LO for about 3 more weeks and that's only if you start feeling the kicks right away, which is less to do with being "in tune" with you body, and more to do with the location of your placenta. 
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I sometimes feel little blips and I wonder if it is too. But it could very well be gas
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Movement can be felt usually from 13-25 weeks so it may be too early to feel yet. 
    imageimageimageimage

• Still gas that early.  My very first signs of movement felt more like my stomach suddenly dropping (even though I was sitting on the couch).  That was around 15 weeks. 

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• It's possible. I felt my 3rd between 12 and 13 weeks but then not again for a couple weeks. Alot of it has to do with placenta placement. She was the first one who didn't have an anterior placenta. They are so tiny at this point that they are not like kicks or anything... but I'm not willing to tell you a flat out no.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • For me, the first time I felt DS (and this LO) it felt like tiny sporadic muscle twitches.  It very well could've been the baby you felt! 

I didnt feel baby last time until 15 weeks, but I had a anterior placenta.  This time, I first felt it at 12.5 wks.

• At 13 weeks it could be, but really it could be gas too. Gas early on feels identical to early flutters.
    image image

• With my first, I actually saw movement at 13 weeks which confirmed I had been feeling movement since 12 weeks.  I saw it when I was lying on my back with my back propped up and reading a book with the book right on my belly.  I saw movement right at the edge of my book. At the time, most people rolled their eyes at me. But the movement kept up and eventually turned into even more.  Enjoy, ladies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• imagelaabeja:
    With my first, I actually saw movement at 13 weeks which confirmed I had been feeling movement since 12 weeks.  I saw it when I was lying on my back with my back propped up and reading a book with the book right on my belly.  I saw movement right at the edge of my book. At the time, most people rolled their eyes at me. But the movement kept up and eventually turned into even more.  Enjoy, ladies!

I saw movement from the outside super early on with DD, too. I think it was around 14 weeks. DH SAW her little pokes before he could feel them, which was around 16 weeks. The popping popcorn description above was how I first felt DD, around 13-14 weeks. I kind of bypassed the flutters stage and went straight to taps/pops. This time around, I swear I feel something already, at only 12 weeks. I keep thinking it must be in my head, but I do know you typically feel second babies earlier and I for-sure felt DD early. Hmm. Feels like buzzing/fluttering this time, super low in the center, only when I'm super still at night and once or twice in the car. So excited! Could be baby for you, but only time will tell. :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"