LGBT Parenting

TTC Check in

Hi all! ball.and.chain started this thread and I want to keep it going as there are so many newbies and lots of us TTC!

What are your TTC updates? Where are you on the process? And if you are still just thinking of TTC what are your questions?

QOTD: What are you most grateful for today?
M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
TTC with RE since March 2012
3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
(2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
EDD 11/28/13

Re: TTC Check in

• I'm in my two week wait after IUI. I'm taking progesterone so it messes with me and I can't tell if I'm feeling anything different. Today is 6dpiui and I'm trying not to think about it too much. I said I would ban HPTs and wait for beta on Jan 29. So far that is still the plan and there are none in the house!

I'm most grateful for having a good job with benefits so I can afford all this. I'm telling myself I'm grateful for my job today because I have to go in even though it is a holiday. I'm grateful for coffee too at the moment and that I can have one cup even while TTC!
    M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Good morning!! I'm TTC for child 3 and so far I'm doing what I suppose to do and hopefully in a few weeks we will
    Doing our first iui!! What am I grateful for..... My family . I lost my mother this past June so me having this baby is a great blessing . She was my biggest support when I came out and now I'm better and stronger then before.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh yes I'm very hyper right now I had start bucks and I'm so ready to jump around!! I'm at work at the hospital so I'm trying to behave! Lol
  • Wow!  You are up super early on your side!   Thanks for taking over the thread so seamlessly.

We are also in our 2ww.   We are 5 dpiui, and our beta is also scheduled for the 29th.  But we have a ton of EPTs in our house, so my guess is that we will probably start testing on the weekend and see what we get. 

I'm in a bit of a stressed/bad place at the moment.  (Warning - this is going to get long....) 

We are confronting some of the harsh realities for us in terms of the financial aspect of this whole thing (which we are paying for out of pocket + the cost of donor sperm) -- and are also being faced with some hard choices around what to do next if this cycle doesn't work.  

Our RE suggests we move on to injectables, because Femara only gave me one follicle and my DOR is a concern -- -- be we also want to avoid multiples so that doesn't help.   Plus I am not "out" as TTC at work, so am consistently stressed about what it would mean for them to find out, or what will happen to my job-security if I get pregnant.   Injectables are expensive at about $500-$600 for the cycle, and our sperm costs us $800 for a vial, plus we have a $150 fee each iui......  it's adding up fast and we'll exhaust our savings by the next cycle.

So now I'm struggling because I'm feeling like it's becoming a choice between getting pregnant at all vs. our financial security as a family --- and I am not sure how far to push it, vs. taking time off TTC and putting the whole thing on a major hold for awhile so we can rebuild our resources and savings - which comes with the acceptance and knowledge that, when we go back to it, we likely will be doing it WITHOUT the choice of my eggs, but instead relying on my partner's.

....and we are just getting to the point where any success we may have with this cycle will implant soon, so I am also trying to force myself to breathe, stay calm, and think happy, welcoming thoughts to any potential zygote we have floating around in there - because I'm stressed about money, but I really do want it!  

Bah.  The stress.   

What am I grateful for:

1.  H. - my beautiful, loving partner and best friend in life, love and adventures.  She cooks me the most amazing dinners, brought such affection to my world, and holds my hand in such awesome ways. 

2.  H's amazing egg reserve of good quality, and high numbers.   Every time I talk with a straight friend who is going through IF struggles, I feel incredibly grateful that my love also has a uterus and a pile of good eggs, so while it will be an emotional bump to get over not using my own, as a team we're well stocked.   So we have the choice at least to make those hard choices about what to do...  that is some comfort.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Wow!! Is all I can say! I hope everythingworks out for you and your partner. I know how you feel about TTC its has its ups and downs but, once you find out you pregnant . Your whole world changes. Me and my partner want to want to try for me to carry the baby by using her eggs I told her that's very costly for us right now. So , we going to carry two babies . I mean its hard enough to pay for sperm and the
    Iui! Ugh its just all a big stress ! But, I know in my heart this what I want
  • We talk about #3 but  unless a big check come in the mail or we win a bazillion $ its looking bleek.  ALso being older means potential for more issues and that will require more money. I just wanna give my eggs to DW and do that way but that is like 2 ivf cycles.(ALMOST) and our donor is no longer available and we only have one vial ( i think )to afraid to call RE office to check because so far we have not gotten billed for storage.

I am grateful for having an amazing wife who gave me 2 amazing daughters and just for so many things.

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Thanks for keeping this going, mollykelley.

As Manada said, we're in our TWW. I'm feeling pessimistic about this one for no particular reason (other than that we got only one egg on Femera, but it looked like a good one . . .). I feel guilty about feeling pessimistic because I'm the optimist in our relationship. It may be fear that is driving the pessimism. If it doesn't take this time, we have to have big talks about what to do next. And I want M to get as many chances as she wants/can handle to get pregnant with her own eggs. But the doctor has recommended we move to low-dose injectables if we don't get it this cycle. And that's a bigger conversation/decision, that may make IVF (with my eggs and M's body) look like a better option. It's a lot to think about and consider and a bunch of different factors to try to weigh against one another. Since we're having to begin to think about these things (since the next cycle starts right after the TWW), it kinda feels like we're planning on this one not working. And that doesn't seem good. So, I think I'm going to have to work on being really present in this TWW and getting my optimism cap out.

QOTD: I'm really grateful for M and for our relationship, especially that we can both be really vulnerable with the other and know we will be safe and supported.

I'm also really grateful for mock meat. I'm no longer a vegetarian, but I still prefer to eat vegetarian much of the time. And I love soy chicken. It got me through being a vegan and then a vegetarian. And I still love it. I'm having some with peppers and quinoa and peanut sauce right now. Amazing.

And I'm really grateful for this group.

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Okay...I'm struggling today...I'm supposed to have my surge but nothing yet and I've been pretty regular. Anyone else have this issue? What should I do? I really thought it would be today...it's been really consistent. Any one else? Suggestions?
  • TTC update: I have my first appointment on Thursday with an ob/gyn. Looking forward to seeing where we are starting from and going from there. 

I am thankful today for Mr. Obama's amazing speech and the renewed hope I have for my wife, relationship and future family. I am also very thankful that we met with some friends (a married couple) and they were willing to even discuss a potential known donor idea. We haven't come close to making any decisions and there are a lot to be made, but the fact that they BOTH are on board is crazy to me. It gives us a choice. Ya know?  

Married my soulmate on 10.1.11; One furbaby, Emma the cat; Madly in love and Just starting our journey on the TTC path! Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • To all those in the TWW, I am sending you positive vibes.  That wait can be trying.   I am sure a BFP will happen for all of us when the time is right. :)  I think a ban on HPT is a great idea.  I thought testing early would help but it ended up being more emotionally challenging than waiting would have been.  

We are planning IUI #2 next week, should be Jan 31 or Feb 1.  For now, I am enjoying having my body feel "normal", drinking wine at night, and trying not to dread the next trigger shot.   Best of luck to everyone this week.  Hang in there! 

QOTD: I am most grateful for my wife.  She is my best friend, partner in crime, and makes even the hard days better.  We always approach things as a team and are growing stronger in this process even when it is challenging.   

Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • Sorry for the panic message yesterday...my surge came! Our appointment is today at 1:30...I am ball of nerves both excited and anxious!
  • Good luck today, AmyRehs! I know those nerves well.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I'm also sending good vibes today for the IUI!

Manada and Healz, I just wanted to give you some additional hope that I only had one follicle with my Femera cycle and also the lowest sperm count of any of our vials and that was the one! So, definitely don't count yourselves out of the game. I do want to throw in that we were also seriously considering taking a break for financial and emotional reasons before we found out. So, maybe that provided a weird level of being at ease with things. I hope this is the month for you and everyone else!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAmyRehs:
    Okay...I'm struggling today...I'm supposed to have my surge but nothing yet and I've been pretty regular. Anyone else have this issue? What should I do? I really thought it would be today...it's been really consistent. Any one else? Suggestions?

The home ovulation kits never worked for me. Some women don't get the LH surge. So for my IUIs and my IVFs I just went in for more ultrasounds, and I also got trigger shots to guarantee the O within a timeframe, and now I'm 8 weeks pregnant.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks! I think it's just hard for me because my personality is a bit anxious, controlling and high strung WOW that makes me sound awesome!...so I think when it didn't come when I thought it was going to I panicked. I do know that I won't be using digital tests any longer...
  • I use clear blue digital ovulation test and I finals got my surge!! Yesterday and now I'm cramping that's how I know fertility is on the rise. So next cycle I will have my iui done I can't wait!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"