Trying to Get Pregnant

**New Kid on the Block...(well, kinda...)**

Hey ladies!  I'm back...for the 2nd time!  Let me introduce myself, since you may be seeing a lot of me!  My husband and I just started TTC this month...we wanted to wait until our daughter was close to the age of 3 (she will be 3 in April).  It happened SUPER quickly the first time...I'm talking one time of unprotected sex on our 1 year wedding anniversary...oops...definitely a heat of the moment kind of thing and not planned.

I don't know why, but I'm super worried it's going to take a while this time around...I struggle with anxiety, so I just need to learn to RELAX...(easier said than done).  There's definitely a lot more pressure/stress to make it happen when you're TTC vs. the unexpected pregnancy.

I have a couple questions for the fertility "pros" out there.  I have a longer than normal cycle (anywhere between 31-35 days for the past year).  I've been performing the ovulation pee tests 2x/day for the past WEEK but they have ALL been negative. I'm currently on day 17 of my cycle.

I've also been doing the cervical mucus method, and yesterday/today it was SUPER watery, wet, stringy, etc.  Why do you think my LH surge wasn't detected on the ovulation test?  Do you think I may just have a short surge and missed it? Should I stop relying on these tests to predict my fertility window, and just rely on my CM instead?

We had sex day 12, day 16, and day 17 of my cycle...my LMP was January 8th.  When do all you typically have sex throughout your cycle. Anyone else firm believers of the CM method? 

Sorry for all the questions...just need to talk to some other mommies and hear their experiences.  Great to meet you all!  Take care!Big Smile

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: **New Kid on the Block...(well, kinda...)**

• I'm new to actually TTCing as well. We just let nature happen the first time without looking at charts, temps, etc.
  • First of all, welcome.

I use opks and cm but I do not rely on them. Temping with a bbt is the only way to confirm O. Also 31 to 35 days is not a long cycle. Just keep peeing on sticks and I suggest temping in the future months. It takes the guess work out of trying to figure our your O date.

Good luck.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• Loading the player...
  • Oh boy, I'm really going to have to study up on these new abbreviations!

EWCM= ???

Sorry, I'm so behind on this stuff!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker image
  • imageMrsRobinson726:
    Oh boy, I'm really going to have to study up on these new abbreviations!EWCM= ???Sorry, I'm so behind on this stuff!

Egg white cm. Its the fertile cm. Check out fertilityfriend.com. Even if you don't want to chart your temps, the site has great TTC tutorials.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• Welcome!!!  I would highly recommend charting through Fertility Friend, it has taught me alot about my body in the past 3 months.

Married 11/21/2018

Me: 33 / DH: 33

TTC #1 since 2012, finally successful in 2016

BFP 11/29/2013 - EDD 8/9/2014 - MMC 12/31/2013 8 weeks 2 days - Tried to MC naturally for 4 weeks, D&C 2/2/2014

IUI 01/25/2016 - BFP 2/5/2016 - Natural Home Delivery to our DD 10/8/2016

IUD removed 10/3/2018 

Ready to TTC for #2

TTGP Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Dinner Fails:
  • Welcome. Get a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility and sign up for a Fertility Friend account. Also check out the Newbie link. It's posted in the green header at the top of the board. Those resources will answer all of your questions.

OPKs and CM will not confirm O. You need to chart your BBT for that.  

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• The PP (previous posters) covered it. Welcome and good luck. Hope your stay is short and sweet! 
  • Start your opks on cycle day 9. Test twice a  day at 2pm and 10pm. You are most likely to ovulate in the afternoon. BD (have intercourse) the last day of your period, then from cycle day 9 on and BD every other day until you get the positive opk. Once you get the positive opk, BD every day, in the morning if possible because you will have a head start on catching the egg. Once the opk turns negative, BD two more days after that for assurance. 

Make sure you and your DH take plenty if vitamins, it is especially important for DH to take a multi vitamin, zinc, vitamin e, b12, and selenium. Make these changes and it won't take you that long to get PG, and you will have a healthier pregnancy. 

Married with 3 children and one on the way to my soulmate and the love of my life. http://lbdf.lilypie.com/c7vlm8.png
  • Welcome and Good Luck!
    KLS1003.2

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Welcome! I have the same worries as you. We got KU with DS our second month trying/off bcp. This is our first cycle TFAS. We'll see how it goes. Hope your stay here is short and sweet! As for your question, I recommend temping. It's the only way to actually confirm O. I also chart CM to determine my FW, which seems pretty consistent for me.
  • All of the above...and welcome :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Married 9/24/11 & TTC #1
    ~Trying for our rainbow baby~
    Me: 33 Him: 34
    Not preventing since 1/1/2012
    BFP #1 1/21/12 mmc @ 9wks d&c 3/5/12
    TTA until 9/1/12
    2 AO/irregular cycles Oct/Nov with abnormal TSH b/w
    Started TTC again 12/1/12
    BFP #2 12/31/2012 c/p 1/5/13
  • CM by itself is not reliable for determining ovulation, you can really get EWCM at any time through your cycle. I always got it between when I O'd and AF. If you temp, do OPKs, and check CM, you will have your best chance at pinpointing O. 

ETA if your cycle is as long as 35 days, then it's possible you aren't O'ing until CD20 or later. Keep testing with your OPK and make sure to test more than once per day to be sure to catch your surge.  

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Welcome and good luck.

____________________________________________________________________________________

TTC #1 since 10/11
    BFP #1-10/01/12 | ended in m/c11/19/12
    Jan-2013-Cycle 10: Clomid 50mg + Trigger + TI = BFN
    Feb-2013-Cycle 11: Benched due to cysts.
    March-2013-Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg + Trigger + TI = BFP
    4/22/13-Beta#1 33.9-- 4/24/13-Beta#2 117
    EDD 12/30/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageIHeartMyKids:
    Start your opks on cycle day 9. Test twice a  day at 2pm and 10pm. You are most likely to ovulate in the afternoon.
    Really?

imageIHeartMyKids:BD (have intercourse) the last day of your period then from cycle day 9 on and BD every other day until you get the positive opk. Once you get the positive opk, BD every day, in the morning if possible because you will have a head start on catching the egg. Once the opk turns negative, BD two more days after that for assurance.Why? (To the bolded)

imageIHeartMyKids:Make sure you and your DH take plenty if vitamins, it is especially important for DH to take a multi vitamin, zinc, vitamin e, b12, and selenium. Make these changes and it won't take you that long to get PG, and you will have a healthier pregnancy. Do you have a crystal ball?

• Here's my welcome MrsR.  Great to have a bumpie who is also a RLF(real life friend) to share this whole experience with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"