Multiples

Sleeping arrangements

For DS we had him in a bassinet the first 12 weeks. I really don't want to have 2 bassinets in my bedroom so I thought we would put them in Pnp. Today I realized wt limit is 15lbs for bassinet in Pnp which is not going to last very long. My other option is to bring one of the cribs in my room. What are/did you all do? I do not want to use a RnP due to the flat head issues.

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
Moving on to IVF in July
37 with DOR...fabulous
ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

Re: Sleeping arrangements

• Any flat surface can give your LO flat head. We bedshare, but they nap in pnps or rnps. You can help prevent flat head by positioning LOs head differently or buying a noggin nest for the rnp.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Can't you just put them in the PnP itself (no bassinet)?  We had the Joovy Room2 which does not even come with a bassinet and my boys slept in that some but we did use RnP's most of the time.  I would echo PP and mention that anything can give babies flat heads (including PnP's and cribs) if you don't position their heads different directions each time. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We just had them in RnPs in the living room, and whoever was "on" slept on the couch while the other person slept in the bedroom to get some real sleep. (We split the nights, 5 hours on 5 hours off.) As things got easier we moved them into the nursery and the person who was "on" slept in the guest room across the hall, and then we transitioned them to cribs and went back to sleeping in our bedroom together.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Also FWIW my son has always had a perfectly round head, and my daughter had a flat spot for a while that was not improved by moving her to the crib. I don't think the RnPs had anything to do with it, and they were perfect for caring/soothing for two at a time. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We used two PnP's in our room until 8 weeks when they went to their own cribs.
    DSC_0011MOD
    Married since June 2010
    TTC #1 since 04/2011
    3 abnormal PAPs and 2 colpo/biopsy since 09/2009
    LEEP 05/2011
    ASCUS PAP 08/2011 which means no PAP for 6 months!! YAY!!
    BFP 11/6/11!! EDD: 7/15/12
    1st u/s 11/21/11: TWINS!
    16 wks 1/30/12: BOY and GIRL!
    Schedualed c-section for 7/2/12 38wks 1day
    Went into labor 6/25/12 37wks 1day. Delivered two healthy babies
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • they shared a pnp until 4mo. They started in the bassinet until the well past exceeded the 15lb weight limit, then moved to the lower portion. I am glad we never did the rnp, though i understand that reflux babies Need it, as a lot of moms on my bmb had a real hard time transitioning to flat surfaces.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had one of the cribs in our room for twelve weeks or so. Though they ended up sleeping in bouncy chairs due to minor reflux.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We used RnPs for them to sleep in our room the first 2 months home.  No flat head issues-none of my kids had to get helmets.  For naps they would sleep in there bouncy chairs until we started putting them in their cribs for naps too around 4 months.
    Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ours have slept at night in their RNPs since birth. They nap in their swings right now, but next week are going to transition them to their cribs for naps. As soon as that goes well, hopefully within 2 weeks or so, we'll move them into their cribs for bedtime as well. We have loved the RNPs. Haven't had any flat head issues. And they don't mind sleeping flat either. Hope they transition to their cribs well though!!!  

TTC Since Jan. 2011
    July 2011: Clomid 50mg- No ovulation
    Sept 2011: Clomid 100mg- No ovulation
    Nov 2011: Clomid 150mg- No ovulation
    Jan-Feb 2012: 150mg Clomid and 5 mg Femara w/ Orvidrel Shot- Ovulation!!
    Feb 2012: IUI #1- BFP
    Beta #1: 206
    Beta #2: 2496
    Feb 16: TWINS!!!
    June 13: Found out genders... Boy/Girl (Team Green)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/acc1h5.jpg[/IMG]
  • Mine slept together in the bassinet part of the pack & play for probably 6 months. 
    Jayme
    Boy 16, Boy 15, Boy 13, Girl 10, Girl 8 & Twin Boys 3, and Bacon!
    Twin A is in REMISSION!
    23 week loss, 24 week loss, 3 early miscarriages & a 25 weeker who lived only 9 weeks.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Mine are still very young, but we have them sleeping in one crib in our room for now. We are hoping to get them in their own cribs sharing a room with our older son by around 3 months if they are sleeping better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"