Trying to Get Pregnant

Getting Healthy Checkin

Happy Thursday! It's snowing here, so I'm really excited! I love snow! Anywho...Last week there was a request to make this a dual getting healthy and weight loss checkin, so answer whichever questions fit your goals:

Getting Healthy Checkin:

How did you achieve your goal to live a healthier lifestyle this week?
What will you do differently next week?

Weight Loss Checkin:

Weight Loss Strategy:
Total Weight Loss Goal:
Lost This Week:
Total Weight Lost:
Accomplishments/Rants/Thoughts:
What will you do differently next week:
Recipe/Tips to Share:

GTKY: If you win the lottery, what is one thing you would buy/do/invest in?
imageimage

Re: Getting Healthy Checkin

• Weight Loss Strategy: Weight Watchers
    Total Weight Loss Goal: 30lbs
    Lost This Week: 2.4lbs
    Total Weight Lost: 3.6lbs

I bought a German chocolate cake at the grocery store that is 10 points a slice. Bad move!

What will you do differently next week:

Try to add more veggies and cut more carbs. The way I've been eating is not really fun...small amounts of junk.

Recipe/Tips to Share:

I try to just shop the perimeter of the grocery store, so as to avoid processed foods. It works most of the time. ;

If I won the lottery, DH and I would buy land and build a house in the country.
    imageimage
  • Yay snow!  We got our first REAL snow here today too!

Weight Loss Checkin:

Weight Loss Strategy: track calories (supposeddly - haha), gym
    - Total Weight Loss Goal: 55.5 lbs
    - Lost This Week: 0.3lbs! (not sure how - I sucked at tracking this week again :()
    - Total Weight Lost: up 0.7
    - Accomplishments/Rants/Thoughts: must track.  must track...
    - What will you do differently next week: still trying to run again - yesterday I made it 15 min total: 5 min walk warm-up, *20-40 seconds "run" (jog/powerwalk - 4.2 on treadmill) followed by 2 min walk* repeat.  My knee got pretty sore after just 20-40 seconds running, but my orthopaedic said this would happen
    - Recipe/Tips to Share: nothing today

hmmm - first thing I would do is hire an accountant and a lawyer!  (tithing 10% to my church would be second, and paying off debt (mortgage, etc...) for us and immediate family would be third)

• Loading the player...
  • Its not snowing here but it is very very very cold!! I'm talking -40 windchills, people.  

Weight Loss Strategy: My fitness pal. I am madasm0530 if anyone wants to be friends with me :) 

Total Weight Loss Goal: I would ideally like to get to 150

Lost This Week: +1 pound

Total Weight Lost: -3.8 pounds

Accomplishments/Rants/Thoughts: I have always had a really difficult time losing weight. I don't know if it's my PCOS or my body, who knows? H And I had a long talk last night about motivations and how he's going to get on the same program as me. I think that will really help and I'm so thankful to have a supporting, understanding husband that will help me through this!

What will you do differently next week: My goal is to work out 5x next week for at least 30 mins of cardio + 10-20 minutes of weights.

GTKY: If you win the lottery, what is one thing you would buy/do/invest in? A home, cabin, and the future of my future children!

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• All I have to say is: I HATE SNOW!!! RAWR!

Weight Loss Strategy: Diet and exercise. I'm on myfitness pal. I bet you'll never guess what my name is! LOL! Anyone know how to add people? I only see options for adding FB people. I don't know how to search for friends user ID's! TIA! I would love to add ladies from here!
    Total Weight Loss Goal: I want to get to 150 - that will be my "happy" place
    Lost This Week: 0
    Total Weight Lost: -12.5
    Accomplishments/Rants/Thoughts: not much. I just am pushing H to start dieting too. He needs to lose more weight and he's not really doing anything about it.
    What will you do differently next week: nothing - just hope to run more. My commute really effs with my ability to run.
    Recipe/Tips to Share: I have an amazeballs dinner recipe I made of marinated sirloin with broccoli, snow peas and mushrooms for dinner. It took about 30 mins and is under 300 calories per serving. Just PM and I'll send you the recipie.

GTKY: If you win the lottery, what is one thing you would buy/do/invest in? Pay off my student loans. I swear I'm going to die before they are paid off!

lots of <3 to my TBBFF Sothernpeach80 - BABY ETHAN IS HERE! 02.04.13 <3

TTC #1 since Jan 2012

BFP #1 07/27/12 - EDD 04/07/13; C/P on 07/31/12

BFP #2 10/11/12 - EDD 06/24/13; Blighted Ovum; D&C 11/30/12

BFP #3 03/10/13 - EDD 11/17/13 - PLEASE BE OUR TAKE HOME BABY!

Beta #1 - 95.8 (12DPO); Beta #2 - 502 (15DPO); Beta #3 - 2003 (18DPO)

First U/S showed one beautiful baby measuring 7w1d with a HR of 148!!! Second U/S showed baby measuring 9w0d with a HR of 173!!!

My Ugly BFP Chart

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." -Mother Teresa

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How did you achieve your goal to live a healthier lifestyle this week?

Pushed myself to go to kickboxing on days that I REALLY didn't feel like it

What will you do differently next week?

Avoid fast food completely, especially Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches! I had two this week Sad

Weight Loss Checkin: I've been avoiding the scale, I'm just paying special attention to how my clothes are fitting me and I have to admit that the ones I'm wearing comfortably today were a little snug last week so that's good!

Weight Loss Strategy: Cut out fast food, fresh juice from the juicer, kickbox at LEAST 3 days a week.
    Total Weight Loss Goal: I just want my clothes to fit more comfortably
    Lost This Week: Don't know but pants are less snug today
    Total Weight Lost: Dunno
    Accomplishments/Rants/Thoughts: I used to have nice, somewhat tight abs...lately I've developed some jiggle (probably from the holidays) so I'll have to work on that.
    What will you do differently next week: Avoid all fast food
    Recipe/Tips to Share: Instead of frying, consider baking some of your most loved dishes, it's not only healthier but often tastes better too!

GTKY: If you win the lottery, what is one thing you would buy/do/invest in?  I would definitely have to get professional help as far as investing the money so that it would grow!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It did freezing rain here, so everything is slicker than snot! No fun to drive in.

Weight Loss Checkin:

Weight Loss Strategy: Phentermine (since I have to wait until I have af to start TTC again and that could be a while, I'm going to use my pills until I get af to kick start this!)

Total Weight Loss Goal: 25 more lbs, I think.

Lost This Week: 5

Total Weight Lost: Since I started back taking my pills last week, 5 lbs.

Accomplishments/Rants/Thoughts: Not eating much, but drinking a ton of water.

What will you do differently next week: Probably keep on with this strategy.

Recipe/Tips to Share: I use small plates for my meals. Y'know, like desert plates. Then I can't pack too much food on it.  

GTKY: If you win the lottery, what is one thing you would buy/do/invest in?Besides the obvious pay off bills, I would put college tuition in an account for my daughter and a future child we may have.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Since I am in loss limbo right now, I decided yesterday that the best place for me to focus my energy is in taking care of my body and losing a little bit of weight. And then this popped up today. I guess it's a good sign.

Getting Healthy Checkin:

How did you achieve your goal to live a healthier lifestyle this week? I eliminated all but one cup of coffee this past week.

What will you do differently next week? Try to go completely caffeine-free.

Weight Loss Checkin:

Weight Loss Strategy: Eliminate as much processed food as possible and fit in more exercise.

Total Weight Loss Goal: 15 lbs

Lost This Week: 0

Total Weight Lost: 0

Accomplishments/Rants/Thoughts: Nothing yet, since I just started focusing on this goal.

What will you do differently next week: Try to add a yoga class, if my body is feeling up to it physically.

Recipe/Tips to Share: Nothing today

GTKY: If you win the lottery, what is one thing you would buy/do/invest in? We would probably build a house and do a big trip to all of the places we want to see. We'd invest too, of course, but we'd allow ourselves some pleasure.

• Thanks for adding the healthy check-in section!

Getting Healthy Checkin:
    How did you achieve your goal to live a healthier lifestyle this week? Made one of my new healthy recipes (shrimp tacos with lime crema), and exercised 4/5 weekdays.

Accomplishments/Rants/Thoughts: I have had a lot of success with walking recently, and have come to love it.  I have been thinking about creating and tracking a little 'fitness/walking challenge' of some kind.  Nothing too extreme - something like a "60 in 30" Challenge, where the goal is to reach 60 points in 30 days.  Each point is earned by either walking 1 mile (fast-walk) or weight-training for 1 hour.  Would anyone be interested in joining me in this? I could find a way for us to track on the board.  I was going to post this idea in H&E, but that board is a lot less active with users.

What will you do differently next week: Completely cut-out the processed soy products (luna protein bars) and replace with a fruit or nut snack.

Recipe/Tips to Share: The one mentioned above for Shrimp Tacos

GTKY: If you win the lottery, what is one thing you would buy/do/invest in?  DH and I would pay-off rental property and put in a pool at our current home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Married 9/24/11 & TTC #1
    ~Trying for our rainbow baby~
    Me: 33 Him: 34
    Not preventing since 1/1/2012
    BFP #1 1/21/12 mmc @ 9wks d&c 3/5/12
    TTA until 9/1/12
    2 AO/irregular cycles Oct/Nov with abnormal TSH b/w
    Started TTC again 12/1/12
    BFP #2 12/31/2012 c/p 1/5/13
  • Weight Loss Checkin:

Weight Loss Strategy: Running and eating health
    Total Weight Loss Goal: 25 lbs
    Lost This Week: 0 (no running, I was really sick. But I didn't gain!!)
    Total Weight Lost: 20
    Accomplishments/Rants/Thoughts: I am really stuck at the 20 lb mark and can't get the last few off!
    What will you do differently next week: Actually get up a run =)
    Recipe/Tips to Share: None, sorry!

GTKY: If you win the lottery, what is one thing you would buy/do/invest in? I would love to have a new house - bigger one than two bedrooms. And in the country would be nice.
  • Weight Loss Strategy: Weight Watchers and Gym
    Total Weight Loss Goal:  Lose enough to qualify for a shared risk IVF program.
    Lost This Week: 2.6
    Total Weight Lost: Just since 1/1 with WW -3.9 (got off to a rocky start due to being sick)
    Accomplishments/Rants/Thoughts: It's a slow boat with WW, but I know it will work and is a long time solution.  I know this in my head, but I am used to the quick drop at the beginning of a drastic fad diet. 
    What will you do differently next week: Gym all five days before work, even if its just to watch the morning news and walk.
    Recipe/Tips to Share: I made all my lunches/dinners last sunday for two weeks.  I made four different dishes and divided them into twenty meals, put them in freezer-safe tupperware, wrote the points on them, and froze.  It has made life a billion times easier! 

Make sure everyone in my family is set up/secure.  Then, of the course, IVF.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!

• Getting Healthy Checkin:

How did you achieve your goal to live a healthier lifestyle this week? Making better food choices and controlling portions and limiting snacking.
    What will you do differently next week? Gym more.

Weight Loss Checkin:

Weight Loss Strategy: eating healthy and exercising.
    Total Weight Loss Goal: eventually 90100....for now 30.
    Lost This Week: 1
    Total Weight Lost: 13
    What will you do differently next week: go to the damn gym like I said I was going to instead of making excuses for why I shouldn't.
    Recipe/Tips to Share: find something that will motivate you. Whether its a person or a dress or getting pregnant. Find that one thing that pulls you out of bed or off the couch.

GTKY: If you win the lottery, what is one thing you would buy/do/invest in? We'd buy a house.

Anniversary

• How did you achieve your goal to live a healthier lifestyle this week? I've been jogging even though the weather has been crap this week and I've still been eating loads of fruit and veggies and as balanced a diet as I can manage

What will you do differently next week? Make more of an effort to make healthier dinners

Weight Loss Strategy: Counting calories and jogging

Accomplishments/Rants/Thoughts: It is so difficult to put on my runners and run when it's -23 with the windchill.

GTKY: If you win the lottery, what is one thing you would buy/do/invest in?  I would buy a nice house in our same neighborhood and I would quit my job and go back to school full time and my family would take an extended holiday where we would travel to Hawaii, Europe, Dubai and anywhere else that strikes our fancy

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Weight Loss Strategy: Dietbet, my fitness pal for counting calories, running, zumba, and the elliptical.
    Total Weight Loss Goal: 20 ish more pounds?
    Lost This Week: 0 waahhhh
    Total Weight Lost: 30 pounds
    Accomplishments/Rants/Thoughts: I really dropped the ball last week. I only have just over a week left in my dietbet, and I have 4 pounds to go.
    What will you do differently next week: keep up the weekday morning workouts. No more being lazy and sleeping in just because it's cold.
    Recipe/Tips to Share: DH and I just tried the "one pot turkey chili" he found in Men's Health magazine online. I highly reccommend!
    GTKY: If you win the lottery, what is one thing you would buy/do/invest in? I would pay all of my bills, buy a new car, and take a long (like a few months) trip to multiple countries.

• imagemadasm0530:

What will you do differently next week: My goal is to work out 5x next week for at least 30 mins of cardio.

You can do this!! This is my weekly goal, too. I do either the elliptical or running 5x a week for at least 30 minutes before work. It is so nice to get it out of the way first thing in the morning!

How did you achieve your goal to live a healthier lifestyle this week? ? avoided buying candy and worked out 3 times this week
    What will you do differently next week? Try and eat healthier dinners  - we are still in comfort food mode!

Weight Loss Checkin:

Weight Loss Strategy: increase workouts and focus on healthy meals for 5 lb weight loss needed since the holidays were not good to me!
    Total Weight Loss Goal: 5-10 lbs - clothes fit better and tone up should do this!
    Lost This Week:-1
    Total Weight Lost:-2
    Accomplishments/Rants/Thoughts: I regularly excercised pre-holidays and getting back into workouts post holidays has been hard.  I hate the ?start over? feeling and soreness. I need to not skip entire weeks again!
    What will you do differently next week: salads will be added to meal planning!
    Recipe/Tips to Share: replace a  meal with a  protein shake or bar (love MetRX bars and EAS shakes) ? protein filled is the way to go to stop the cravings!

GTKY: If you win the lottery, what is one thing you would buy/do/invest in? Follow DR baby steps forward and finish up with random acts of giving would be something I would LOVE to do.  So many individuals I run across in my own life could use a boost?

• imagestufie:
    imagemadasm0530:

What will you do differently next week: My goal is to work out 5x next week for at least 30 mins of cardio.

You can do this!! This is my weekly goal, too. I do either the elliptical or running 5x a week for at least 30 minutes before work. It is so nice to get it out of the way first thing in the morning!

I do the same thing!! The hard part is dragging myself out of bed! I am going to do it this week though.  

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• Weight Loss Strategy: Weight Watchers

Total Weight Loss Goal: 60 lbs

Lost This Week: +0.2

Total Weight Lost: 7.4

Accomplishments/Rants/Thoughts: I'm frustrated at the gain, but I know it's small.  Hopefully I will have taken it back off and then some when I weigh in tomorrow morning.

What will you do differently next week: Be more meticulous about tracking

Recipe/Tips to Share: If you're on WW, label all of your foods with their points value as you put them away after buying them.  It makes choosing your meals and snacks way easier!

GTKY: If you win the lottery, what is one thing you would buy/do/invest in? I would buy a new car.  I really hate my car and wish it would drive itself off a cliff.  Luckily once we have a baby, DH gets to drive it and I get the Element since it's easier to put a kid in the back seat.

How did you achieve your goal to live a healthier lifestyle this week? I let myself indulge in a sweet treat I really wanted without going overboard
    What will you do differently next week? More excercise

Weight Loss Checkin:

Weight Loss Strategy: Myfitnesspal.com
    Total Weight Loss Goal: I do not feel comfortable divulging this answer.
    Lost This Week:1.6
    Total Weight Lost: 14
    Accomplishments/Rants/Thoughts: Cooking more meals together with my husband! 
    What will you do differently next week: More excercise!
    Recipe/Tips to Share: Turkey Chili is the bomb! I made mine super spicy with fresh jalepenos.

GTKY: If you win the lottery, what is one thing you would buy/do/invest in? A professional recording studio

**~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

How did you achieve your goal to live a healthier lifestyle this week? Tracking my points and made my own lunches to take to work everyday this week :)
    What will you do differently next week? My work schedule is finally settling down, so adding exercise in

Weight Loss Checkin:

Weight Loss Strategy: Weight Watchers
    Total Weight Loss Goal: 50lbs
    Lost This Week: 0.6
    Total Weight Lost: 5.3lbs
    Accomplishments/Rants/Thoughts: My Bro and SIL really enjoy talking about how much weight they have lost.... really makes things frustrating because my loss is so slow
    What will you do differently next week: add in the exercise and slowly start cutting out pop
    Recipe/Tips to Share: I'm frustrated today, so I really don't have any tips.... just keep at it ladies!! We can do it

GTKY: If you win the lottery, what is one thing you would buy/do/invest in?  Hire a personal trainer Stick out tongue  I would love to go to travel - I really want to see England, Ireland and Scotland!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • How did you achieve your goal to live a healthier lifestyle this week?  Tried to be more conscientous about drinking water
    What will you do differently next week?  Keep plugging along

Weight Loss Checkin:
    Weight Loss Strategy:
    WW
    Total Weight Loss Goal: 135/140
    Lost This Week: 0.5 lbs!
    Total Weight Lost: 0.5 lbs!
    Accomplishments/Rants/Thoughts:  I am pleased after several weeks of no weight loss that I am down a little!                                                            What will you do differently next week: Continue to improve my water intake and stick with counting points
    Recipe/Tips to Share: hmm, not sure on this one

GTKY: If you win the lottery, what is one thing you would buy/do/invest in?  I would pay off student loans and then travel!

imageimage

image  imageimage
                      imageimage

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility, probable endometriosis
    Feb-April 2013: Femara + TI: BFN
    May - September 2013:  Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#1-4 = BFN
    IVF # 1 November 2013: transferred 1 perfect blast = BFN
    IVF # 2 April 2014: Endo scrape, transferred 2 blasts = BFP!! (first ever!), CP
    FET #1 June 2014: transferred 2 blasts = BFFN
    New Dx: Repeat Implantation Failure
     IVF # 3 November 2014 = BFP!!  Beta #1 9dp5t 272  Beta # 2 11dp5dt 626
    It's Twins! 
    *everyone welcome*

How did you achieve your goal to live a healthier lifestyle this week? Pre-made a bunch of food after grocery shopping on Sunday. Egg muffins, black bean chili, zuchinni & squash side dish, salads. It made it easier to pack lunches and breakfast for DH and me both, so neither of us ate out for lunch all week. :)
    What will you do differently next week? Get off my @ss. I have been so freakin lazy lately.
    Weight Loss Checkin: n/a, don't own a scale. I pay attention to how my pants fit and take my measurements every few days.

Weight Loss Strategy: Increase physical activity. I have a million ideas on Pinterest for AM workouts, just need to get on it! I would love to start doing more muscle toning with heavier weights. Total Weight Loss Goal: Just want to tone up. I have muscle, it's just hidden under some layers at this point.
    Lost This Week: n/a, I lost a couple inches off my measurements from last week.
    Total Weight Lost: n/a
    Accomplishments/Rants/Thoughts: I don't diet, I just eat fairly clean & healthy - it's a committment DH and I have made to each other, and I'm very proud of that. But the physical activity has been practically nonexistent since last August when I had surgery. I need to get over my slump and get my motivation back, stat!
    What will you do differently next week: Get to bed at a decent hour so I can get up to work out in the AM.
    Recipe/Tips to Share: If you can include a good source of lean protein in every meal & snack, you feel fuller and more satisfied, and therefore avoid that crash-hunger where you'll eat anything. Also, my go-to blog for healthy recipes is Kalyn's Kitchen. She creates the yummiest, healthy recipes and uses tons of pictures (helps motivate me to make them!) I tell everyone I know about her site.
    GTKY: If you win the lottery, what is one thing you would buy/do/invest in? Pay off student loans, car, house. Then save and/or invest a large chunk for future kids' college funds and our beach retirement. Then travel, anywhere!

Paradise

Cat-Pregnancy-Test-Meme

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"