February 2013 Moms

Re: Irrational Worry?

• Is it possible LO is wedging his/her feet up there?  Mine will occasionally stretch out reeeeally far and push so hard against my ribcage that it takes my breath away for a moment.  Not so much lately since she's dropped a bit, now it only happens once in a great while, but it used to be kind of ridiculous.

• it could be a rib out of place..maybe try going to a chiropractor to get their opinion.

i've also had gall bladder issues for months and it's in my upper right area, front and back. hopefully that will go away after pregnancy, but i'm definitely getting mine removed so I'm not scared to get pregnant again. 

JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imagejamizipp:

it could be a rib out of place..maybe try going to a chiropractor to get their opinion.

i've also had gall bladder issues for months and it's in my upper right area, front and back. hopefully that will go away after pregnancy, but i'm definitely getting mine removed so I'm not scared to get pregnant again. 

Ditto on the gallbladder thing. But sometimes my LO does get feet wedged up there (as PP mentioned), or pokes his butt against my ribs really hard, which makes it hard for me to decipher what's gallbladder and what's normal.

I honestly wouldn't be too worried, especially if your doctor isn't.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes, I totally need to chill out.  The baby is definitely on my right side, and has been practically this whole pregnancy, so there is definitely a chance its just the baby squishing things or even feet.  I don't have any other symptoms of pre-e/HELLP (no real swelling, blood pressure has never been higher than 120/70 and today is was 96/60, which is totally normal for me, no excess weight gain, etc.).  I think I need a glass of wine....
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How's your BP? Was your urine checked at your appointment? If both were ok at your appt, then you most likely don't have HELLP. I had it, and let me tell you that the upper quadrant pain is no joke. It had me moaning in bed and throwing up. That's why I went into L&D even though I was convinced it had nothing to do with my pregnancy and was just a stomach ache.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• imagekelly321:
    How's your BP? Was your urine checked at your appointment? If both were ok at your appt, then you most likely don't have HELLP. I had it, and let me tell you that the upper quadrant pain is no joke. It had me moaning in bed and throwing up. That's why I went into L&D even though I was convinced it had nothing to do with my pregnancy and was just a stomach ache.

Yup, BP was 96/60 today (normal for me - its never been higher than 120/70 this preg) and they did check urine (and didn't say anything about it, so Im assuming it was fine).  Thanks for responding - I know Im crazy.  Im sorry you had to go through that last time too!!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Unless you have other symptoms of HELLP then I wouldn't be too concerned. 

I get random pains in my belly a lot. But I have IBS so I just assume its gas and then go from there.  

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"