Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Fussiness after 2 mo shots - for how long?

My LO got his 2 month immunizations yesterday. It seems like he?s much more fussy today than yesterday right after he got his shot. Nothing consoles him. I?ve alternated doses of Motrin and Tylenol and that?s the only thing that helps but they seem to take a while to take effect and I'm worried about giving him too much.

The other issue is that he?s had several small BMs today (as opposed to his regular 1 or 2 large daily BMs).

How long will his fussiness last and is it normal for him to have several small BMs following his shots?

Re: Fussiness after 2 mo shots - for how long?

• 1st double check with your pedi, but I don't think Motrin is to be used until 6 months.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks! Dr said Motrin is fine. Good to know this is normal. I will give the bath a try, he does like baths!
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel your pain. My LO got her shots yesterday too, and she has been fussy ever since. Her fever finally broke a few hours ago. Even though her Dr. said the fussiness and fever are normal, we were still scared to death. He said she would feel cranky for a couple of days. Hope your son feels better tomorrow.
  • I think LO was a fussy pants for about two days after, she kind of slept crappy too.
  • When my son got his two month shots he was cranky until he got pain reliever and I got it from CVS (their brand) and it worked immediately. Peace at last.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"