December 2012 Moms

Birth certificate?

Any moms received Lo birth certificate or social security card yet? My lo is 5weeks i had her on 12/17 and i havent received any of this info yet? Do anyone know how long it will take??
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Birth certificate?

• we got ours at 7 weeks for SS card. you have to realize you've had quite a few days where the government was closed throughout the holidays which will likely length time frame. For birth certificate we have to go to county health department to request one. I know from lots of moving around as kids my mom always needed to request ones either from health dept or county courthouse depending on where we lived. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My  LO was born 12/22 and I got his SS card about a week ago. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO was born on 12/14. I received her SS card a week later and her birth certificate 2 weeks after that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers

BFP#1:MC 8/20/2010| BFP#2:MC 7/9/2011| BFP#3:DD born 12/14/2012

• DD was born 12/5. I got her SS card at about 4 weeks old? And I had to go get her birth cert, they don't even give you a free one!
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had LO on Dec. 4th and got both in the mail by Christmas, it might depend on what state you live in I'm from PA. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LO born 12/10, ss card arrived the hospital had us fill out the paperwork and sign it there, they submitted it for us. For a birth certificate, we must request one from our county. The hospital gave us the forms.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Baby was born Dec 3 and we got our SS card Dec 15.  We haven't gotten the birth certificate yet because it requires us to go to the county recorder's office to request one in person. We live in California.

• I got my lo ss card ab 3 weeks after he was born and I have to pick up a copy of his birth certificate from court house.
  • imagejaimeleigh797:
    I got my lo ss card ab 3 weeks after he was born and I have to pick up a copy of his birth certificate from court house.

Same for us.
  • We had out LO on 12/26 and her SS card got here the week after New Years. The hospital submitted all of the paperwork for us. We're still waiting on her birth certificate, but it apparently shipped yesterday from the county. We're in MI.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• we got her birth certificate  less than a week after she was born and her ss card when she was about 3 weeks old

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO was also on 12/17.  His ss card came a few weeks ago, but we have to go to the county offices for his birth certificate.
  • The SS card showed up before he was released from the NICU, so in less than 3 weeks.  As for the BC, we had to go buy one at the courthouse in the county he was born.
    Jayme
    Boy 16, Boy 15, Boy 13, Girl 10, Girl 8 & Twin Boys 3, and Bacon!
    Twin A is in REMISSION!
    23 week loss, 24 week loss, 3 early miscarriages & a 25 weeker who lived only 9 weeks.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • my LO is 7 weeks and we were told at the hospital it would take 2-4 weeks. So when we didn't get it at 6 weeks we went to the social security office and found out they had never filed it. So we went to get her birth cirtificate and they hadn't filed that either!! Someone at our hospital messed up and never got any of her paperwork put through. Luckily we got it all figured out and we now have both her social and birth certificate but it was a crazy situation. I'm sure you will get it in the next week or so but if not I may call to make sure!
  • We got DS' SS card about a week after he was born, and his birth certificate a few days after that.
  • I just picked up his birth certificate(although it was available before then) and received his SS on the 12.27 (he was born 12.13)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"