September 2013 Moms

Facebook

Dh and I decided we aren't going to post out pregnancy on Facebook. I know that our friends and family will do that for us. Is anyone else not announcing in Facebook?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Facebook

• I've even changed my facebook settings so people can't write on my wall and I thought I changed it so no one could tag me in a photo or status but I'm finding people are STILL ABLE TO!!! Stupid facebook.  Luckily we are still waiting a month to tell anyone, including parents. I think parents count.  i might have to disable facebook somehow completely right before we announce to immediate family, just in case.
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • I will likely not. I've just read too many stories of women struggling who were really hurt when an announcement popped up and they were having a rough day, so I've decided not to do it. I will email a large group of friends and the rest of my FB friends will figure it out
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not making an announcement on facebook. I figure I'm going to tell the people that matter personally, so why would I post it on facebook? So that people who I haven't talked to in years know that I am pregnant? 

I also would never post an ultrasound on facebook. I think that's weird. What you put on the internet stays on the internet.

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• I will put some things on FB for my inlaws that are out of state. It is just easy to have all the pictures in one place. My MIL is a FB addict so she will enjoy that. I am going to try and keep it to a minimum though.
  • I will be announcing on facebook but not for a while. I know that there are a lot families out there struggling with loss, infertility and whatever else, so other than the announcement, all other updates reguarding baby will be on a blog. That way, we won't shove it down peoples throats.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 5/17/12 EDD 1/26/13 no hb @ 8w6d natural mc 11w6d 7/13/12 
             BFP #2 1/1/13 EDD 9/11/13 Isabelle Diane born on 9/17/13 7lbs 1oz 20in.
    BFP #3 4/3/2014 EDD 12/10/14 William David born on 12/8/14 7 lbs 10 oz 20in.
  • I will eventually share on FB.  But it won't be by way of some "huge announcement".  And other than an update here and there that things are going well, I doubt much will be posted about it.  I probably do a status updated about once every week or two.  And it's usually about something random DS did.  I doubt that will change.  I don't enjoy reading people complaining about being sick or pregnancy problems, so I try not to do the same back to them.
  • imageRunningGal900:
    I will likely not. I've just read too many stories of women struggling who were really hurt when an announcement popped up and they were having a rough day, so I've decided not to do it. I will email a large group of friends and the rest of my FB friends will figure it out

This is also a very relevant point.  

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• If I do it won't be "Hey look at me...I'm pregnant!!"  My best friend, who is really more like a sister, is in another state, and due in April, so we will use FB to keep in touch with each other. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • imagesmilormarie:
    I've even changed my facebook settings so people can't write on my wall and I thought I changed it so no one could tag me in a photo or status but I'm finding people are STILL ABLE TO!!! Stupid facebook.  Luckily we are still waiting a month to tell anyone, including parents. I think parents count.  i might have to disable facebook somehow completely right before we announce to immediate family, just in case.

I have deleted all people who I don't talk to on a regular basis. I really don't care for people I went to high school or college knowing that I'm pregnant. Now my facebook is basically friends and family.  

• imageRunningGal900:
    I will likely not. I've just read too many stories of women struggling who were really hurt when an announcement popped up and they were having a rough day, so I've decided not to do it. I will email a large group of friends and the rest of my FB friends will figure it out

This is me. I get sick every time I see another announcement, And I don't want to do that to my friends or family. Plus, I just feel like that is very AWish.
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • Not until baby is here....may update my profile picture to something with a belly at some point, but no official announcement
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really love all the cutesy stuff. If we do an announcement of any kind it will be a picture of my and my DH shoes with newborn booties in the middle, and it will say coming soon September 2013. I will probably make it my cover photo. I don't have anyone on my FB that I don't talk to regularly and most of my cousins and extended family are on FB. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • imageHappy_Yahoo_Personaler:
    I will definitely be posting on Facebook. I live about 2 hours from where I grew up, so I won't have the chance to tell a lot of the people I grew up with.nbsp; Even if we don't really"hang out" or anything, I still want people to know.nbsp; And maybe this makes me a b, but I've had to deal with tons of pregnancy announcements on Facebook myself.nbsp; Now it's my turn to sit back and enjoy posting about my pregnancy/babies.nbsp; I've fought too hard and for far too long for these babies to not celebrate them in every single way, shape, and form.I will post ultrasound photos. I really don't care if people on my timeline find that weird or not. They can hide that stuff from their newsfeed if they want.What I will NOT post is the new mommy crap having to tell the world that my babies just had a bowel movement/vomited on themselves/peed all over daddy. GROSS.

I don't think that makes you a ***. I've thought about that in my own way too, but decided that since most people don't know what I've gone through, it might color how they feel about an announcement, if that makes sense. I posted about my pregnancy with DS, so certainly no judgement from me. I've just decided at this point, I'm not going to do the big Facebook announcement.
  • I have chosen not to tell Facebook for a while.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • After a lot of thought, I think I will "announce" on FB around valentines day. Well be near 12 weeks then.

We are also military, so we live far from friends and family. Although I do have a list of friends who I know have been struggling with loss or infertility who I will announce to privately and compassionately as possible first. For anyone else who may be struggling, ill keep it to a status update and not post a ton about pregnancy. I want to walk that fine line between joy and respect. Not easy but I will always do my best.

Love is multiplied: DS #1: 1.5.99 ~ DS #2: 9.23.11 ~ DD 8.29.13

m/c 11/12/12 - sleep tight baby bean.

Bitty Baby #4, please stick around - we already love you so very much!

Ultrasound 11/4 - TWO HEARTBEATS!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageblinnea23:
    I really love all the cutesy stuff. If we do an announcement of any kind it will be a picture of my and my DH shoes with newborn booties in the middle, and it will say coming soon September 2013. I will probably make it my cover photo. I don't have anyone on my FB that I don't talk to regularly and most of my cousins and extended family are on FB. 

probably this for me too.  i wanna get a cute shirt for my daughter that says "only child expiring Sept 2013", but of course i'll wait a bit and will tell my close family and friends by phone.  i dont live close to anyone anymore, so theres a lot of fam and acquaintances i talk to occasionally on FB, i always get excited when people announce that bc i love babies lol, so i wont care and will end up posting something eventually.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yeah, no. Of course ill be posting on FB
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • We're both pretty sure my sister will say something about 20 minutes after we tell her soooooo..... lol

But there are a few people we want to have fun with before the whole world knows.

• We are also not announcing on Facebook, we didn't last time either.  When we announced to one side of the extended family we forgot to specify no Facebook since we were telling the other side of the family the next week.  Well they ALL posted about it so we had to call the other side of the family instead of telling them in person.  

Also my BFF papered my wall with pregnancy posts, especially at the end.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• imageHappy_Yahoo_Personaler:
    I will definitely be posting on Facebook. I live about 2 hours from where I grew up, so I won't have the chance to tell a lot of the people I grew up with.nbsp; Even if we don't really"hang out" or anything, I still want people to know.nbsp; And maybe this makes me a b, but I've had to deal with tons of pregnancy announcements on Facebook myself.nbsp; Now it's my turn to sit back and enjoy posting about my pregnancy/babies.nbsp; I've fought too hard and for far too long for these babies to not celebrate them in every single way, shape, and form.I will post ultrasound photos. I really don't care if people on my timeline find that weird or not. They can hide that stuff from their newsfeed if they want.What I will NOT post is the new mommy crap having to tell the world that my babies just had a bowel movement/vomited on themselves/peed all over daddy. GROSS.

:. I have had many friends post about their pregnancy on fb I liked looking at pics, US, non of them put the first time the baby went to the bathroom. That is just crazy. They were all done with class. I will do the same since my mo lives 10 hrs away and my sister lives farther.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

• My FB friend list isn't all that big and most of my friends going through IF or a history of loss already know I'm pregnant (and also know what we've gone through to get here both times), so we will be doing a simple announcement at some point.  I don't mind a single announcement, its the idiots who post every other day about their stupid pickle and peanut butter cravings that need a ho sit down card.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• I'll announce, but it will be an updated cover photo with my LO, cliche, but cute. We'll wait until around 12 weeks. Last pregnancy was pre-cover photo, and I just updated my profil picture with me, my bump, and a sign saying "baby's first concert" (I went to see Arcade Fire). I love across the country from most of my family and friends...and Facebook is efficient. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I will post on fb.  It will be after 12 weeks.  I will post updates maybe once or twice a week. I have a blog where most of the stuff will be.

I don't mind most of the time reading pregnancy related stuff.  I do have a cousin who constantly complains about being pregnant  and I hide her.  

My sister is due late April and has said nothing on facebook and will not until the baby gets here.  

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We'll do an "official* Announcement photo page topper but otherwise  no big worded announcement. I have several friends who have miscarried or lost young children so rubbing it in their face feels wrong. Those closest and most important to me will get a phone call or we'll tell them in person.
    Joy

Proud mom to:

Cameron (Jan 11, 2000)
    Cassidy (May 5, 2005)
    Callen (August 23, 2013)

My heavenly angels
    ~Caleb~ Jan 21, 1999
    ~Carys~ April 29, 2011
  • imageCamiButterworth:
    I will be announcing on facebook but not for a while. I know that there are a lot families out there struggling with loss, infertility and whatever else, so other than the announcement, all other updates reguarding baby will be on a blog. That way, we won't shove it down peoples throats.

I agree with this.

Though, I will post my blog link on FB, which is what I did the first pregnancy.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am due on the exact same day.  We decided that after we announced to the family that we would change our profile picture to the picture we are sending out to Friends/Family for the announcement.  We are not goignt o make a status change or comment though.  I think it will be cuter that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"