C-sections

RCS Starting to freak out

With my first, I had a failed 30 hour induction before an emergency CS so I was very tired and ready to just be done. I really didn't have time to think about what was happening, etc. 

i am scheduled in two weeks for a RCS and with all this time to think about it, I find my anxiety is starting to get the best of me and I'm getting really nervous/scared.  Is/was anyone having the same issue? What helped? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
June 2010-April 2012: Lots of trying, chlomid, gonal-f, with triggers, without, IUI's and tons of BFNs
May2012: Letrozole + IUI = BFP!!!! Due 2/10/13

Re: RCS Starting to freak out

• Deep breath. I will have an RCS in just over a month so I understand. Fortunately I was in the OR with my sister when she had her RCS so I know what to expect. Have you talked to your dr? Have him go over the procedure with you. Our hospital offers L&D tours for those that don't want to take the classes, this is my husband's first so we will take the tour to give him an idea of what to expect. This will also give us the opportunity to ask the nurses questions. I am more at ease knowing i will have the RCS since we had so many complications with DD1. Just think of the pluses: You will be more rested after LO is born since you won't have to go thru labor :) Plus there is the chance for less complications since the drs and nurses go in with a plan (unlike a "normal" delivery where it's wait and see). This time you get to "sit back and enjoy" the birth and let the drs do all the work. :) 
  • I'm right there with you!  I have mine in 10 days and I am getting increasingly nervous.  I told my OB today and she was very reassuring.  She said that most women find it a completely different and much better experience than their first C/S if it was emergency, as mine was.

I also labored for a long, long time and ended up having to be put to sleep in the end for my C/S.  I woke up and had the worst pain I have ever felt EVER.  It was totally traumatizing and gross.  I have no idea really what to expect other than what my OB has told me and my own research but I know it has to be a better experience than my first.

I just keep telling myself it will be over quickly and try and not dwell on what happened in the past.  So far it's kind of working...sort of:)

Good Luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I know exactly how you feel. Our first was an emergency CS after my uterus started contracting and not letting up which kept the baby from breathing. Again, we just wanted him out and safe. We are scheduled for #2 in 2 weeks and 1 day, and I am terrified. The surgery doesn't bother me but the thought of the recovery makes me so nervous. I hate thinking how bad it's going to hurt to get out of bed and shower and walk down the hall, etc. I'd love to do VBAC, but my doctor advised against it. It's a good thing there's a sweet baby at the end otherwise I think I would handle it.

Good luck. I'm sorry I don't have much advice, but you aren't alone!!! I will pray for you :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"