March 2013 Moms
Options

***March PgAL Check In***

AtleighDan:  I had a week where my fastening numbers were in the middle 90' s..that is when I almost got put on insulin...how are your numbers this week??

cwelshsm: yay for placenta working itself out...how is the new Dr. search going ?? hoping baby does a little spin for you so you can avoid a C- section.

NBBride: how are you feeling this week? 

PhoenixBritt: congrats on passing your glucose test...hoping your baby girl flips as well...I have a baby shower on the 16th too...have you finished your registries?

Funnygirl 34: glad to hear your pain was nothing serious...I know how you feel having your insides beat up..my baby boy seems to be putting a good  best down on mine.

Kimber 517: Hello Labor Buddy...how are things going this week? hope they didn't hurt you too bad at your appointment.

DutchKatie: congrats on a name...sounds like you are getting everything ready for her arrival.

andrea shields:no news is good news...glad to hear you were able to set up a meet and greet with your pediatrician.

andrea to 80:how are your numbers this week? How is DS? happy anniversary a week late ;)

yecal 262:how are you feeling? Did you ever hear from your nurse?

mkc 5869: how are the child birth classes? when do you go back?

Mmm 79: how are you feeling...sorry to hear you may not get the delivery you wanted...have you had your appt. this week?

milkergirl 1: how was your birthing class and how did your shower go?

neon252: how exciting you are getting  nursery ready and have started putting out clothes. despite missing the deal have you decided on a breast pump?

TMWbarren85: how is DD...is she over the flu??have you had your appointment yet?

GTKY: if you could do one thing without any interruptions before your baby gets here..what would it be ?? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ***March PgAL Check In***

• Options

Hey ladies: I am bumping from my kindle tonight so no EDD' s in the post. my week is going good. I was unable to go to my appointment last week because I got stuck at work. I was rescheduled to this Thursday and hope to have another ultrasound to check Cole's measurements and weight..my contractions seem to be here to stay..still nothing consistent and I hope they do another cervix check this week. in the mean time I have been resting  as much as possible and trying to keep my feet up.

GKTY: sleep would probably be the one thing I would like to have without any interruptions..seems sleeping is the hardest thing for me to get.I can not get comfy at all... 

• Options

Hi ladies! I hope everyone is doing well. We're all getting so close!

PhoenixBritt: congrats on passing your glucose test...hoping your baby girl flips as well...I have a baby shower on the 16th too...have you finished your registries?

Thanks! I now feel baby move pretty much 24/7 and DH and I have fun trying to guess which body part is poking out. She must have grown a lot in the past few weeks because the movement now is amazing. I did finish my registries which was very overwhelming and I'm glad it's done!

GTKY: I agree, sleep. I haven't had a good nights sleep in a while.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi ladies, it's been a few weeks since I checked in. Everything seems to be going well except for the BH contractions. On Saturday, I overdid it with housework and ended up with tons of irregular contractions that wouldn't go away when I sat down for a few hours and drank lots of water. My doctor had me go to L&D, where they hooked me up to a monitor and confirmed the contractions. I ended up getting a shot of terbutaline to finally stop the contractions and had to stay overnight with an IV. I've still been having contractions here and there, sometimes even in a cluster of 6 in less than an hour, but since they always stop, I haven't called the doctor yet, especially since my cervix was closed when I was checked at the hospital. I'm definitely ready for the next 6-9 weeks to go by quickly. 

Other than that, it looks like we are all set to close on our new house in a few weeks, and we found renters for our condo so we've started packing everything up. It just seems like so much to do before LO gets here!

GTKY: I'll echo the desire for sleep. I know I'll be getting even less sleep with a newborn, but its frustrating when the only reason why I'm not sleeping is because I can't get comfortable.  

BFP #1 natural mc 4/24/2012 5w1d 
    BFP #2 DS born 3/30/2013 
    BFP #3 cp 2/6/2014 
    BFP #4 natural mc 3/19/2014 5w6d 
    BFP #5 4/27/2014 EDD 12/24/2014 --IT'S A GIRL!

image image 
  • Options
    imagekwilson158:

Hey ladies: I am bumping from my kindle tonight so no EDD' s in the post. 

Ok, how are you doing that?  That's why I don't post much anymore, because I'm usually bumping from my Kindle Fire and I can't get it to let me type stuff, so if I want to post I have to get off my butt and go to a computer!  When I hit reply, and try to hit the box to start typing, it doesn't do anything! 

TTC #1 since April 2010
    BFP 4/18/12, M/C 4/27/12 at 6w6d
    BFP 7/1/12 - Counting down to our little girl, EDD 3/8/13
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Hi ladies!  It's been a few weeks, see laziness factor in above post.

We're doing good.  We've been having some blood pressure issues, which is a little scary.  I'm talking a month of 140's/mid 80's.  Up there.  I quit my part time job and am now focused only on school and preparing life for baby, so that seems to be helping.  I had a stomach bug last week, that sucked royally.  I lost 4 lbs if that tells you how much I was in the bathroom.  And trying to puke with this belly in the way, not fun at all!!! 

But other than that, nursery is almost finished.  We're going to figure out the car seat today, maybe even put it in the car if it's not butt-as$ cold out there.  Which it probably will be!

GTKY:   I've got some scrapbooking I'd like to do before baby gets here, but when I spend so much time sitting at a desk for school/practicing my steno machine, my feet are so puffy!  So I have to get my feet up, and can't really scrapbook from a recliner! 

TTC #1 since April 2010
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Hello fellow pgal ladies!! Time is ticking and I am totally freaking but everything is going well. Nursery is coming along, and if I wasn't so lazy, it would be done already. Doctor last week went well they didn't have to take blood so I dodged a bullet.. Next week though, I cant avoid it. I'm getting super exhausted at work lately, by 515 I'm ready to pass out, and I normally stay late until 6 or 630.. Not this week!

GTKY- I have to agree with our gracious OP kwilson... Sleep one night of wonderful, comfy, uninterrupted sleep. The power was out last night and my house was PITCH BLACK and I still couldn't sleep and had to go pee with a flashlight... LOL

IAmPregnant Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageluvsdogs2:
    imagekwilson158:

Ok, how are you doing that?  That's why I don't post much anymore, because I'm usually bumping from my Kindle Fire and I can't get it to let me type stuff, so if I want to post I have to get off my butt and go to a computer!  When I hit reply, and try to hit the box to start typing, it doesn't do anything! 

I don't know if it makes a difference or not but I have the Kindle Fire HD..Is that what you have? I usually bump from that because I am too lazy to sit at my computer and I think I was reading a post one night and just hit reply and it let me type? I will try to do it again at lunch and make sure that is all I do? My  smart phone will NOT let me type on The Bump but my Kindle does...how crazy is that??

• Options

AtleighDan:  I had a week where my fastening numbers were in the middle 90' s..that is when I almost got put on insulin...how are your numbers this week??

My numbers have been great! I read through some of the GD threads on the high risk board and several people suggested almonds as part of your evening snack. That seems to be doing the trick! Nothing about 85 for fasting in the last week. My other numbers are looking good, too. In fact, I have been adding some extra fruits in because some of my 2 hour numbers have been down in the 70s. So I am pretty happy right now!

Nothing much else to update. My OB appointment last Thursday went well. My weight is staying pretty much the same for the last month, but since I gained more early on, it isn't a big deal. LO sounded good and is measuring right on. Yeah!

GTKY: if you could do one thing without any interruptions before your baby gets here..what would it be ?? 

I agree with the sleep, but I don't think that is going to happen.

• Options

DD is over the flu- and aside from the congestion and runny nose you would have never known she was sick if she wouldn't have tested positive for the flu. So, a few days at home with mommy meant playtime all the time. Wore me out... My next appointment is Tuesday at 35 weeks, and then I will start going weekly- makes me realize this train is coming to an end faster than I ever thought it would.

GTKY: One thing without interruptions would probably be a full nights sleep- whether it's waking up with BH, to pee or just roll over I'm up quite a bit at night. Fortunately most everything else is already done except packing hospital bags and I'm not too concerned about that so we're just hanging out! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imagekwilson158:

andrea shields:no news is good news...glad to hear you were able to set up a meet and greet with your pediatrician.

Good Morning Ladies!  I finally got confirmed info that yes, I passed the GTT.  I actually have not heard back from the pediatrician yet, so I guess I need to make another call to the office to get that appointment set up.  I'd like to meet her face to face before the baby is born!

My mother came to visit this past weekend and really helped me organize my apartment to make room for the baby.  The nursery is almost done!  We got some bookshelves, a mini dresser, some pictures to hang on the walls, a cute lamp, and a pretty pink rug.  My baby shower is Feb 2nd, so I'll wait until after that to finish the details.  I'm so excited that she was able to help get that started.  It helps so that now I can really see what I want the room to look like.

Only one issue came up with my mom this weekend.  She's planning a trip to Vegas, two weeks before my due date.  I wouldn't mind if she was there in the hospital or even the delivery room if she's here.  But for her to say she really wants to be there for the birth, then plan a trip like this two weeks before, seems odd.  I told her to do what she wants but don't be mad if I go a bit early.  I'm sure it will be fine, but don't tell me you're so concerned about being there and to wait.  Like I have any control over this!

GTKY: I agree about getting uninterrupted sleep. That would definitely be the one thing I would do if I could before baby gets here.

*** aka: andreahshields ***

*** July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks ***

BFP#1 3/8/12; diagnosed w/ Anencephaly at 12w6d; D&C 5/9/12
    BFP#2 7/18/12; A/S 10/26/12 It's a Girl! EDD 3/29/13
    Phoebe Jordan Born 3/20/13

imageimage
  • Options
    I am on modified bed rest, stopped working last week. I got a cold from the kids so that is keeping me busy. Nothing really new to report.

I would love to sleep through the whole night before lo gets here!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Hey PgAL girls!!

I still haven't decided on the pump yet.  I'm getting the run around from my insurance company, I'm not sure which ones they will cover or where I need to get it from.  I'm about to just get one on my own, but can't decide between the Ameda or Medela.

I went to town on the nursery this weekend, I made a curtain, crib skirt and a boppy cover.  We bought a used glider, and I'm trying to decide whether to recover the cushions or just have them cleaned really good.  I also decided to clean my microwave for no reason.  Nesting??

BH are starting, they kept me up a lot last night and early this morning, which makes my answer to the GTKY:  Sleep!!

Have a good week everyone!

DD#1: 9/21/05

DD#2: 9/15/09

Natural M/C: 7/22/11

Missed M/C: 11/30/11

DS#1: 3/19/13

• Options

Hello Ladies! I am feeling better and am back at work this week. This cough is still with me and I can't seem to shake it. It feels more productive at least rather than the painful dry cough it was. It has been 2 weeks! My nose is still a little stuffy but much better than it was last week.  I lost 7 pounds during my illness and have gained a couple back now that I can eat more. I am still not eating as well as I should because of the coughing....something I will talk with my OB about.

My mom helped me with the nursery last night and it was nice to get some things put away. There is still lots to do, but we will have to finish after my shower on Feb. 2nd. I can't wait to see the finished product!

We had maternity photos done on Sunday and I am looking forward to seeing them. It will be 1-2 weeks until my photographer has the proofs. She is also going to do newborn photos for us. 

I have an OB appointment this afternoon. My NSTs are going well and it nice to have a quick peek at my girl every week. 

GTKY: I will stick with the theme of sleep. I love to sleep and can't remember the last time I had a really good night. Between coughing, getting up to use the restroom, my left arm falling asleep (even though I am sleeping on my right side) and general discomfort, I wake up several times a night.  

May PAL Siggy Challenge - Mom Humor
    TTC Since June 2009 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
    AL always welcome! 

• Options

Thanks for posting kwilson! 

Hope everyone is having a good week.  

Mmm 79: how are you feeling...sorry to hear you may not get the delivery you wanted...have you had your appt. this week?

My last (!) cervical check was yesterday, and it has actually lengthened from where it was last week, so they said we won't check it again unless I have any preterm labor signs.  Yay!  I will continue to go to the hospital for growth scans every two weeks, due to my bicornuate, but so far he is measuring right on track in the 48th percentile.  But I am more than happy to go and see him every two weeks!  As for positioning, he has switched from feet down to butt down- so I am encouraged that he could still flip to head down making vaginal delivery an option.  I've been reading about natural ways to encourage him to flip and will start doing those soon. 

We have our "Prepared Childbirth" class on Sunday.  Other than that, we're doing what we can to get the nursery ready. We have painters at the house today, so that should be all done by the time we get home.  The distribution center lost our crib (!) so it had to be reordered.  Hopefully, that comes in soon.  And last weekend we picked out furniture but have to order it or head to the store to buy it.   

Hmmm.  I'd love to sit down and read a book cover to cover in one sitting, because I have a feeling I won't be able to do that again for a long time once he's born.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• Options
    imagekwilson158:
    imageluvsdogs2:
    imagekwilson158:

I don't know if it makes a difference or not but I have the Kindle Fire HD..Is that what you have? I usually bump from that because I am too lazy to sit at my computer and I think I was reading a post one night and just hit reply and it let me type? I will try to do it again at lunch and make sure that is all I do? My  smart phone will NOT let me type on The Bump but my Kindle does...how crazy is that??

Mine's first generation, maybe that's the problem Sad  

TTC #1 since April 2010
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageluvsdogs2:
    imagekwilson158:
    imageluvsdogs2:
    imagekwilson158:

Mine's first generation, maybe that's the problem Sad  

surely there is a way to make it work? I am on my kindle now and all I did was hit reply and  started typing....???  

• Options

Hi ladies,

Sorry I'm late to the party.  I am happy to say that I have a new ob practice that I am happy with.  I saw a chiropractor for the first time on Monday, trying to get this LO to spin.  No luck yet, I will see her again in a few weeks if he doesn't spin :(  I know he has lots of time, but it's got me stressed.  I also found a pedi for DD and for the new LO, so that's good.  Things are coming together and I am feeling pretty much ready for him at this point (aside from the fact that he is not fully cooked).

I think I'd really like a whole day alone.  I have no idea what I'd do, but now that I've been a SAHM for 3 weeks, I realize just how precious alone time is. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"