June 2013 Moms

Baby Showers for LO #2

Is anyone planning to have one?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Showers for LO #2

• I'm not "planning" one, but I have a feeling my family will do something small for us, mostly because we're having a girl this time and they love little girl clothes :-/
  • Nope, I still have all my baby gear from my first.  I really only need a few things so if anyone does offer to throw me a shower I will also decline.  

I have heard it is tacky to have two showers unless your babies are really far apart.  Mine are going to be 4 years apart, both girls, so all my stuff from her is not expired and perfectly good. 

Riley 12/24/08 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Probably not, I pretty much have everything I need but if I did have one it would be a Diaper Shower.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• A few friends are probably throwing one since this baby's a boy. It's a normal thing around here so I'll graciously accept. I like the idea of celebrating each pregnancy/baby, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yes, but only because we're having twins, otherwise I would have declined.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Nope, I still have everything I need from DD. If anyone were to offer to throw one, I would also decline.
    Lilypie - (ShW3)

imageLilypie - (52Yh)
  • A few of my friends are planning one for me since this baby is a boy and we have a 2 year old little girl. I bought all the big items and clothes myself so the shower will just be a diapers and essentials shower
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We didn't with #2, and we won't with this one. This one is a boy and we got rid of EVERYTHING. But, IMO it's not everyone else's problem that we have to buy all our stuff all over again. I get the whole "every baby should be celebrated", but showers are more for helping out mom and dad. Of course this baby deserves attention, so we will probably have a "meet the baby bbq" or something after he gets here. But, not a shower.
  • imagejaymiegerard:
    I'm not "planning" one, but I have a feeling my family will do something small for us, mostly because we're having a girl this time and they love little girl clothes :/

This is us. Idk if the fam will do something but kinda hope they do.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • No. It is uneard of where I live to have a second shower unless there is like an 18 year age difference between the kids.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have had offers and will probably have a few showers hosted for me. So far I have counted 4. It's a lot but I am not from where I live and I have parents that live in different states. In thankful for people wanting to do something nice for me, DH an baby.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • It never even crossed my mind.  I'm of the opinion that showers are only for your first. 
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • imageCTGirl30:
    Well, that wouldn't be up to me since someone else would have to offer to host one and nobody has said anything thus far.

This. I will graciously accept any gifts but I'm not comfortable with another shower. 

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nope.  I didn't want the first shower really, so if anyone offers I will decline.  DH knows and will decline any possible surprise showers too.
    DD #1 August 2010 BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't want nor need one but apparently (I heard my mother talking to my sister) my aunt and grandmother are in a battle over who is officially hosting my surprise shower. I told my mom to put a stop to it cause we have everything and was told to just shut up and accept it graciously.

My grandmother gets annoyed with me because i don't bug her for money like the rest of the family and she likes things to be fair. So even if i were to go to her and tell her I knew and that I didn't want it, she would find some way to show up at the food court at work and spring it on me during my lunch hour.I tried to get my mom to push for a meet the baby type thing but somehow i doubt that will happen. once nanny gets an idea in her head it doesn't go away...EVER

I HATE being the center of attention Sad

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I won't have one with family or non-work friends but another co-worker is my department is also expecting. There was talk of a joint work party to celebrate both of us. There may be small gifts given, snacks and a cake but more just an excuse for us all to hang out together! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes! My first LO is not so little anymore, she'll be turning 9 a few weeks after the baby's due date, and this is my husband's first, so... everyone around me seems to think it's perfectly appropriate for another shower to be thrown. I have absolutely nothing left in the way of baby supplies, so I'm super appreciative!
    TTC#2 for 13 months - 5th round of clomid did it! BFP 10/2/12 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nope, but we didn't with # 1 either. Baby showers just aren't done in the country where we're living right now. My family wants to do a meet the baby party for us when we move back at the end of the summer/early fall and I will likely agree to that--we are having a boy this time around and need to buy clothes plus we are literally having to buy most of our baby items all over again as it is too costly to move them all overseas. Because we never had a shower with the first, I think it will be nice to do something to celebrate with family for this one. That said, we still plan to buy all of the bigger items ourselves once we move back. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageilovemarfa:
    No. It is uneard of where I live to have a second shower unless there is like an 18 year age difference between the kids.

this!

• Nope.  My close friends will probably do a dinner, but that is all.  Much to my mother's dismay....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• imageihearttab:
    A few friends are probably throwing one since this baby's a boy. It's a normal thing around here so I'll graciously accept. I like the idea of celebrating each pregnancy/baby, too.

This - My mom is throwing a smaller one at home, don't really need anything, but since everyone likes to get together and celebrate we'll do it.  Also, since it's a Boy this time, I'm sure everyone will want to get something!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Like most other posters I would feel uncomfortable asking friends/family to contribute to a second shower; especially since my DD will only be 2 when baby #2 is born.  If anything I'd prefer a small gathering of close girlfriends to do a nice brunch followed by a mani/pedi, for example, as a little indulgent treat.
  • We are not planning to have one. I have been offered one and already asked the person to please not do it. We may do get togethers but I am not in favor of a shower.
    DD1 July 2010, DD2 due June 2013

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"