What's your favorite....

unisex name?
Carly
(Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

Re: What's your favorite....

• This is controversial on this board but..

Reese/Rhys

Cameron.   Had DH's cousin not named his DD Kameron (yes, with a K), we might have a little Cameron running around. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageTheWop:

This is controversial on this board but..

Reese/Rhys

Cameron.   Had DH's cousin not named his DD Kameron (yes, with a K), we might have a little Cameron running around. 

I know it's controversial but no one should get upset, it's a hypothetical question and there are truly legit unisex names. 

My favorite is Devin! After Ryann of course, which is DD's name ;-) 

I also like Morgan, Jordan and Taylor! 

Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• Loading the player...
  • Spencer. I never thought of it as a unisex name until Pretty Little Liars came out, now I love it for a girl's name :)
    Married since 5.9.2009 Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • imageMelRC117:

I like the name Kelly.  My H would never agree to a boy named Kelly but it is kind of on the "neutral" list for us for a girl. 

The problem I have is when people call names unisex that really aren't, such as Tyler which was suggested in a post a few weeks ago. BIGGEST pet peeve is when people think Erin = girl version of Aaron.

I agree!

I also like Kelly for a boy! One of my favorite people in the world's name is Kelly and he rocks! 

Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• I like Camden. I know its the UO, but when it's for a girl I like the "y" spelling (Camdyn)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I, too, love the name Spencer for a girl or boy.

And my name is Morgan.  I've never met a guy named Morgan but frequently get mail addressed to Mr. Morgan so I suppose it is unisex won't be convinced until I run into a male Morgan. :-)

• Lane. Love it for a boy or girl.

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

• I like Avery equally for a boy or a girl.
  • Probably Quinn. I like it for a girl, even though it doesn't get much love around here frequently.
  • imageMurphie82:
    I, too, love the name Spencer for a girl or boy.
    And my name is Morgan.nbsp; I've never met a guy named Morgan but frequently get mail addressed to Mr. Morgan so I suppose it is unisex won't be convinced until I run into a male Morgan. :

My male cousin's name is Morgan!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• imageplunderb:
    I like Avery equally for a boy or a girl.

This. And I also like Rowan for either, which I know is not for everyone around here...
  • Linden and Arden are two that I like on both boys and girls. There are more that I like on just boys or just girls, but those ones I like for either.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • River

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • I love the names Finley, and Harper.

I also have two sisters named Miekle,and Ryan.

• Lane and Sawyer (though I prefer Sawyer for a boy much more).
  • imageIloveshanej:
    imageMurphie82:
    I, too, love the name Spencer for a girl or boy. And my name is Morgan.nbsp; I've never met a guy named Morgan but frequently get mail addressed to Mr. Morgan so I suppose it is unisex won't be convinced until I run into a male Morgan. :

SOLD!!  :-)  between your cousin and the guy named Morgan on the Mindy Project 

• imageMurphie82:

imageIloveshanej:
    imageMurphie82:
    I, too, love the name Spencer for a girl or boy. And my name is Morgan.nbsp; I've never met a guy named Morgan but frequently get mail addressed to Mr. Morgan so I suppose it is unisex won't be convinced until I run into a male Morgan. :

SOLD!!  :-)  between your cousin and the guy named Morgan on the Mindy Project 

Haha ;-)

Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• Avery, Morgan, and (don't hurt me) Elliot. 

I consider Avery and Morgan all girl these days, but understand they started as predominantly male names. Elliot is too feminine IMO to use for a boy, and after meeting an adorable little girl named Elliot, I think it very much fits some little girls. 

• Charlie/Charleigh is my favorite (of course, since it's the name we've chosen for DD). I also like Spencer, Jordan, and Ashton.
  • Deffinately Morgan.
  • I agree with Kelly.  I knew a guy Kelly in college, and he was pretty cool.  It's a nice name.
  • imageIloveshanej:
    imageMelRC117:

I like the name Kelly.  My H would never agree to a boy named Kelly but it is kind of on the "neutral" list for us for a girl. 

The problem I have is when people call names unisex that really aren't, such as Tyler which was suggested in a post a few weeks ago. BIGGEST pet peeve is when people think Erin = girl version of Aaron.

I agree!

I also like Kelly for a boy! One of my favorite people in the world's name is Kelly and he rocks! 

I also love Kelly on a boy.....and also Robin, and I don't like either for girls , at all!
  • Avery (which ever since going to school with an Avarie I just think it is soo pretty spelled that way)

Rowan

• I like a few unisex names!

Rhys/Reese

Reid/Reed

Rory

Quinn

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Avery (but I prefer it for a girl), Taylor and Morgan.

I also like Rhys for a boy and Reese for a girl.

Cameron is okay for unisex also.

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The one we are using ;-).

If you're asking what the favorite is for either a boy or a girl - I love Carter and Blake and Reese (although Rhys for a boy). Those are the only two I would consider using for either gender.

The name we have picked out is primarily a boys name, but I don't like it for a boy, so we've been holding onto it strictly to use for a girl. 

I love unisex names for girls! Quinn was a favorite contender for us (although I don't like it for a boy). Not a popular opinion on these boards, I know, but I've never been one to cater to the popular vote. 

DS1 - 9; DS2 - 6; Angel - May 10, 2011; Baby Girl - Due May 19, 2013
  • Quinn
  • None really but if I had to pick I would say Logan. I knew 2 girl Logan's and I always thought it was cute but NMS at all.
  • I love Reese/Rhys and Quinn.

• Gun to my head? Devon. I have a new niece named Devyn. Other than that, I like to know if it's a girl or boy.
  • I don't like most "unisex" names, probably because I don't consider them unisex but rather boys names on girls (Like... 99% of the time).

The only one I can think of is that I love Alex for a girl and a boy, but as a nickname for Alexandra/Alexander.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS2 is Francis, does that count? Big Smile

I like Shannon for a boy or girl, but wouldn't use it myself.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Sidney for a boy and Sydney for a girl
  • I don't have a favorite. I always wanted a little boy Dylan. I am due with my second in July and already have a girl and so many of my friends tell me that if I have a girl, I should just name her Dylan. So in case I only have two, I still get to use Dylan. But, I dunno... just don't feel Dylan for a girl. 

imageMelRC117:
    BIGGEST pet peeve is when people think Erin = girl version of Aaron.

And gotta agree on that!  Erin and Aaron are NOT the same name. One of MY biggest name pet peeves is when someone's name is Erin and people pronounce it as Aaron.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"