Trying to Get Pregnant

Would you try and conceive after an abnormal pap?

Friend just asked me that question.  

She just found out about an abnormal pap and is scheduling a follow-up (said the doctor doesn't seem too concerned) but, she's likely ovulating this week. 

She's 35, ttc her first. This is maybe her 2nd or 3rd month trying..... 

I think she's worried about a potential problem.  I told her I'd probably still try because time isn't her friend right now.. but, it's only a month, really.

What say you?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Would you try and conceive after an abnormal pap?

• I would call the doctor and double check. If the doctor didn't seem worried I don't think I would be either but I would just check.
  • imageCLECyclist:
    No, not without her doctor's consent.

thisk 

imageimageimage BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/23/07 EDD 8/30/08 Born 4/13/08 21 weeks "Angel" BFP #2 DS 9/30/09 EDD 7/6/09 DX IC 1/18/09 Born 6/19/09 37 weeks. Healthy Boy BFP #3 9/17/12 EDD 6/1/13 MC naturally 11/4/12 10 weeks BFP #4 1/23/13 EDD 10/7/13 Stick LO!! Stick!!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCLECyclist:
    No, not without her doctor's consent.

This.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • My pap is almost always abnormal and is fine with the follow up test.  My OB told me they changed the range for abnormal several years ago and now the test is over sensitive. 
    DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

• I personally wouldn't put off TTC, but in giving advice to others, I would advise them to check with their Dr.

I had an "abnormal" Pap once that turned out to be an asymptomatic yeast infection that didn't require any treatment.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had an abnormal pap and my doctor wanted a follow-up 3 months later. I was told that trying to conceive was fine because when you give birth you shed so many cells that the abnormal ones will most likely disappear. Obviously keep up with the follow-ups to make sure it doesn't progress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"