December 2012 Moms

Bathing?

How often are you giving little one a bath? Everyday doesn't seem neccesary and our baby girl has dry skin so I don't want to over do it. I also don't want her to be the stinky baby :
Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Bathing?

• imagepeanutrach1:
    We do every 2 to 3 days depending on what she has gotten herself into. I agree that daily is too much for the dry skin. My pedi agrees with this approach.

Same here. My pedi actually said only once a week is fine for newborns since their skin is so delicate. I usually do every 3 days though b/c she has really runny poops and I like making sure she doesn't have any residual mess that I can't see.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We also do every 23 days unless she has a blowout, etc.

We do wipe her face and hands with warm water on a washcloth daily.

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• Loading the player...
  • I was planning on bathing every other day but she was sleeping so good the nights that I gave her a bath so I started giving her one every night. 
  • Usually once a week or so. Though, DS doesn't poop but once a week. He's the typical BF baby in that sense! lol. We wipe him down every other day, though. 
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • our pediatrician said give DS a bath 1-2 times/week as needed. HTH
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • I do her face and hair daily (baby acne and lots of spitting up), whole body 2x a week unless she needs it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Every day to every other day. Depending on where we go and what she gets into. I like to keep a bit of a routine. I try to keep it morning or middle of the day.
    IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've started doing one every night but only actual soap a couple times a week. Otherwise we just use a warm washcloth and its a good activity to keep her awake and content before bedtime.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Once a week but in a few weeks we'll prob start doing every 3 days.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Once a week unless she gets icky from lots of spitup or a diaper blowout.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i was doing once every 3 to 4 days but have started to now do them every other day cause she loves them so much 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We do about every 2-3 days. That length of time seems to work well for our LO and her dry skin.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Once a week.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We bathe LO everyday to every other day, he's a spitter so if we go too long he ends up smelling like a baked potato :P. But he loves bath time so it helps to break up the day as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would probably do once a week as we did with DD1, but she spits up a lot so it normally ends up being every 23 days.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Once a week. He's not particularly dirty, and he hates being naked.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We aim for Sundays and Wednesdays; anything more is just too drying. I sponge bathe as needed. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Once a week. She has very dry skin. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • He has an actual bath two or three times a week. I wash his face, neck, and hands daily.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"