April 2013 Moms

3 plus moms

I know they say that the first delivery is usually the longest. I labored for over 17 hours. With DD2, my water broke on its own and I delivered within 3 hours. This is my third and I'm wondering if it goes faster. I know every pregnancy is different. Just curious, did each labor get quicker or did it vary with each baby?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: 3 plus moms

• my second was my longest out of my three.  my first was 12 hours almost to the minute from first contraction to baby in my arms...  it varied with me.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Wow, so there really is no rhyme or reason. Darn, I was hoping for a super fast labor.
  • Loading the player...
  • My first labor was just over 12hrs. Second labor was 2hrs 49 minutes and third labor was 1hrs 56mintues with 11mintues of pushing. My OB thinks baby number 4 will come pretty fast too.  
  • Typical mom lore tells us each delivery is faster than the last, but it seems like a mixed bag in reality.  I'm like you, I was hoping I could bank on a quick delivery this time (DD2 was born 3 hours after my water broke - woo!), but I guess it may not happen.

// I love you too. //

• I adopted L and C but with B and E I was in labor for over a day. From my water breaking until I was holding E in my arms. I will let you know what happens with J.
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • #1 was a long induction, about 36 hours and 3 hours of pushing

#2 I went in to labour on my own, 15 minutes of pushing and he was born just 11 hours from first contraction

#3 was an induction that took 12 hours, but that was a lot of sitting around.. only pushed for 4 minutes. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I guess I'll have to just wait and see. I'm super excited to read everyone's birth stories, I stalk the January 2013 board just for that reason
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"