LGBT Parenting

TTT

Ten Things Tuesday ladies!  Let's hear them.
M & M
06/12 - BFP!!!!
Beta #1 15dpo - 256
Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
EDD 02/21/13
09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: TTT

• 1.  9 days until our scheduled c-section

2.  5 days of work left

3.  8 nights left of attempting to get 8+ hours of sleep (I took out the night before our scheduled section as I figured I will not sleep that night)

4.  M and I have one last date night scheduled for Friday night.  We are going to one of my local favorite restaurants.  They have amazing creative sushi rolls and a wide variety of cooked ones.  Plus they double as a seafood restaurant so she loves it.

5.  Our bestie's 1 year old's b'day party is Saturday and I am so sad we won't be able to go.  It's too far outside our allowed travel radius and I'm on bed rest.  We did go to lunch with them on his actual birthday but I still feel horrible. 

6.  I am taking the day before our c-section off and I am so tempted to get my sister to join me for a manicure and pedicure.  I know I am still technically on bed rest but I still plan on asking the doc if it's ok since it's the day before.

7.  The big hospital cups rock!

8.   While M always rocks in taking care of me, she really has knocked it out of the park these last few weeks.  She has completed all the last minute tasks that were on our calendar to get done together before my bed rest.  I really want to do something nice for her but I am not sure yet what to do.

9.  My brain is spinning

10.  Our Q4 comps were a joke.  They changed our plan to make it "easier" to achieve our on target earnings and instead no one qualified for the largest portion that accounts for 70%.  We have a call here in 30 minutes with our Regional Managers so I a m curious as to how this is going to play out.  

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    EDD 02/21/13
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I can't believe it's already Tuesday! Here's what's on my mind:

1. It's honestly still sinking in that we're expecting. I'm feeling very cautious right now considering how early it is, but I'm also feeling excited as well. Lots of emotions

2. Since I had yesterday off, S and I went to Babies R Us to pick up some registry items for 2 of my 9 friends that are all due in April. I realized that when it comes time to register we should do it in shifts/different days because it's very overwhelming

3. Also picked up two books at the bookstore. One is What to Expect... and another called I'm Pregnant and laughed with S because I know she'll never read them all the way through. I also looked for that journal Embrace, but they didn't have it.

4. Last night I got 150 pages into What to Expect and I hate to read, but I'm hungry for knowledge at this point.

5. My second beta came back good, so no need for a third blood test

6. Set my first u/s for Feb 5th, 6w5d mark, so I'm anxiously awaiting this

7. After being discouraged about impending weight gain, etc, I decided to get up and do a light workout this morning. I really want to stay as healthy as possible and I'm already a bit overweight, so I'm starting to worry.

8.  S is now consumed with trying to keep me from getting the flu... She's a huge germ-a-phobe - really bad. I had the shot, I hardly ever get sick, but she's is taking it a new level now. It's kind of funny to me, but I know it is super serious to her, so I just go with the flow and wash my hands one million times a day.

9. Finally got to see Silver Linings Playbook over the weekend. It was good, very redeeming

10. I'm reconsidering my OB/GYN. I know, bad timing. She came to me recommended from my well loved IM doc, and has also deliver babies of friends, but I just don't know if I'll get the kind of one on one support that I think I will want/need.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Today is the trial to decide if bio mom will get reunification services or rights will be terminated. Please let this be it, I am ready to be done.

2. A is home sick today, I told her I wasn't so sure she was being honest about not feeling well, then she threw up. There ya go mommy, there ya go...

3. My foot is a rainbow of colors, it's actually kind of cool. I may get a second opinion this week, I can walk on it but the range of motion is pretty limited and I've been getting a stinging stabbing type pain that wasn't there before.

4. I hope the trial started early and is done today, I'm on pins and needles.

5. The radishes are sprouting, hopefully the peas pop up next, I love fresh peas.

6. I'm craving scones.

7. Apple has another flare up in this continuation of a cold that she's had for months, she is a crying, snotty mess.

8. I have a big laundry pile that needs to be folded, yuck.

9. I'm saving number 10 for the outcome of the trial.
  • JGYJGY member

imagebutterflygrooves:
    1. Today is the trial to decide if bio mom will get reunification services or rights will be terminated. Please let this be it, I am ready to be done. 2. A is home sick today, I told her I wasn't so sure she was being honest about not feeling well, then she threw up. There ya go mommy, there ya go... 3. My foot is a rainbow of colors, it's actually kind of cool. I may get a second opinion this week, I can walk on it but the range of motion is pretty limited and I've been getting a stinging stabbing type pain that wasn't there before. 4. I hope the trial started early and is done today, I'm on pins and needles. 5. The radishes are sprouting, hopefully the peas pop up next, I love fresh peas. 6. I'm craving scones. 7. Apple has another flare up in this continuation of a cold that she's had for months, she is a crying, snotty mess. 8. I have a big laundry pile that needs to be folded, yuck. 9. I'm saving number 10 for the outcome of the trial.

Hey there, nice to see you on the board!  Good luck today, I'll be thinking about you all.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• imagebutterflygrooves:
    1. Today is the trial to decide if bio mom will get reunification services or rights will be terminated. Please let this be it, I am ready to be done.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers today! I wanted to send hugs!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    EDD 02/21/13
  • JGYJGY member
    imagethemommymonster:

1. I thought I would pop in an say hello so Hi!

2. When I logged in the bump told me there is 26 days until my child's birthday. Indifferent How is my baby almost 4?

3. I've been lurking, but I do not really have much to contribute. I wanted to congratulate all those with recent BFPs!

4. 2moms2b- you're so close!

5. I've got a promotion at work so I've been swamped. It is a good problem to have.

6. It is freezing here today.

7. I am ready for our February vacation.

8. I've lost 11lbs since 12/31!

9. We will be making some potentially life changing decisions in the next 6-9 months. I'm excited and nervous.

10. I'll try to pop-in more often.

TMM, good to see you!

TTC since 6/11
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• JGYJGY member

1. Had our 32 week prenatal visit last night, and S actually came!  Yay! 

2. Somehow I've gone from measuring 5 weeks ahead, to measuring 1.5 weeks behind.  I'm not worried about it.

3. My boss is gone for the rest of the week.  I'm SO excited to be able to actually get some real work done.

4. My Mom and Sister came out for a visit last weekend, and hosted a Baby Shower for us.  It was really nice, and we had a great time, but the visit did make me really worry about our immediate post-partum period when I know my Mom wants to be here to "Help" (and I would never want to deny her that).  Having her here is stressful and I don't know how to change that. It makes me truly and deeply sad. 

5. I'm starting to get overwhelmed with the amount of things left to do before this little one makes his entrance.  S has a lot on her mind and a lot on her plate, so she's not very helpful or interested. 

6.  #5 kind of applies to anything related to the baby.  I've never really admitted that on this board before.  It feels weird, but I have no where else to talk about it so today's the day I guess.

7. We have close friends out on the East Coast that are TTC and I've been doing my best to answer any questions they might have.  They're in their second TWW right now and I just really hope this is their cycle!

8. We have our first official prenatal visit with our Doula tonight.  I'm really excited. 

9. I actually managed to get most of my paperwork for FMLA either filled out, or in the hands of the clinic for them to fill out.  What a relief!

10.  Yeah, not sure why I'm even pretending, most of my thoughts are wrapped up in #6 and I can't quite seem to get past it.  I knew going in that for S to get to "Okay, let's do it" point was a long road.  I didn't and still don't have huge expectations for her in terms of her level of excitement or desired involvement.  But it still hurts.  Not sure how to reconcile that.

TTC since 6/11
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?

• 1. Still waiting for my period to arrive so I can actually start the whole IUI process. It's very frustrating.

2. Last night I went to a screening of Birth Story, a documentary about Ina May Gaskin and the Farm. It was interesting and the footage of the births they show was out of this world!

3. I also got to spend some time with some women who are quickly becoming new friends to me. It's amazing how many people last night said "I've been thinking about you!" and it's seriously heart-warming. I feel so much encouragement and support from these women. They even offered (well, insisted!) to throw me a mother blessing when the time comes; I was touched and seriously grateful.

4. I also bought a canvas bag that says "Midwives help people out" which I love and is now being used to bring my lunch to work, haha.

5. Sending positive vibes & thoughts to those doing a cycle this month and to everyone who is pregnant. There seem to be a lot of both around here!

6. Work is so blah lately (hence why I'm bumping instead of working...) and it's making me kind of miserable. I should probably look for something else but that's very tough for me to do at this point with so much uncertainty in our life. It doesn't help that I honestly spend a good part of every day wishing I could just quit and start my own business.

7. I left three messages for my clinic last week and when someone finally called me back yesterday, she said "I see we've been playing phone tag...". It took everything I had not to scream back "B!tch, it's only phone tag if you're trying to call me back too!" Thankfully I kept it inside haha.

8. M put up a few pictures on FB this morning of our trip last April when my nephew was born. He looks so teeny compared to now! There are some nice ones of her and I with him, and a really cute one of me wearing him. Hopefully my ovaries got the message that I REALLY want a baby lol.

9. Confession time: M & I secretly window shop in baby stores like, weekly. It's actually been good for us because it's given us an idea of what we will actually want.

10. We need to look for a new TV. Ours is 10+ years old at this point and very much on its last leg.

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • 1. With so many new TTC/pregnant/new babies on the board, I kinda feel like a grandmother around here.Stick out tongue

2. I am pretty sure this lovely cold sore is going to linger forever.

3. We might get a snowstorm on Friday.  Kinda sucky timing since my BFF is flying in from FL that night.

4. I had the tv on all day yesterday watching the Inauguration. We almost never have the tv on during the day, but I love that stuff.

5. Our kids have a new favorite game - Family Tackle. It involves going to the park and tackling/wrestling/throwing children to the ground. Gets out a lot of energy/good workout for the moms (hoisting 50lbs per/kid), and wears them out.

6. Carter said, "What the hell?" 2x yesterday. Granted, he used it totally in context, but not so awesome. He bought himself a loss of privileges yesterday.

7. I signed the kids up for winter swim lessons again. I HATE winter swim lessons.

8. I am over cold weather. Getting out of the house and getting park/playground time was great. I am ready for spring.

...I need to work.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 1.  I'm officially sick, and struggling to focus at work when I just want to go home, lie down, and hang out with my cat and a tub of Vicks VapoRub.

2.  I woke up at 6am this morning panicked because of the amount of work I have to get done at work but haven't got to because I've been sick on and off since the holidays.  Staying home really isn't an option anymore for me.

3.  This 2ww isn't too bad.  I keep trying to send positive thoughts to my uterus, and hope that there is a little blast implanting right now...

4.  The infertility thing is getting me down.  I blame my therapist who insisted we get beyond the nice business like approach I had adopted and talk about feelings last week.  Turns out my feelings on this business are fairly depressing and frightened.

5.  H. spooned me and sang "Old McDonald had a Farm" to me at 6:30am so I could go back to sleep this morning.

6.  I am so excited for 2moms2be and this adventure she and M are embarking on so so soon!  

7.  I am planning a retreat for my work that is focused on LGBT issues, and the pressure of getting it done RIGHT is causing me some stress!  

8.  H. and I saw "Les Mis" and "This is 40" last week, and honestly - while we agree "Les Mis" was probably a better film, we both like "This is 40" more because it made us laugh.   Les Mis was just WAY too long.

9.  We got out our new sewing machine on the weekend and have visions of making a ton of new stuff for ourselves and as gifts....   so far we have completed a little pouch and a cat toy.

10.  It's freezing here.  I'm so jealous of all of you who live places where the temp isn't low enough to cause frostbite!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• 1) i must get better this cold is really killing me

2) kids = colds and teething those k9 all 4 at once and blood everywhere just pouring out of their mouths- EEK

3) because of #2 no one is sleeping and I wanna sleep

4) my b day week and I have a feeling M might have forgotten well not forgot but laxidasic about it ...

5) i hope my parents come this weekend so we can go out but their provision was we must all be well.

6)sometimes i feel like I am doing it all by myself and I know I am not but lately we ( M and I ) are not gell-ing so well.  Its been a tough week

7) wow i'm pretty bumming from read reading the above 1-6 SORRY 

8) i need to get back on my high protein diet and walking

9)  I'm gonna vacuum it makes me feel better

10) bleck congestion !

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • imageManada:

5.  H. spooned me and sang "Old McDonald had a Farm" to me at 6:30am so I could go back to sleep this morning.

This is seriously the sweetest, funniest thing I've read all day. M and I take turns telling each other stories at night, haha. Usually it's silly and about unicorns or about an other-universe version of ourselves - everyone's name is changed to start with an R, so my name is Victoria but changed to Rictoria, lol. (This is probably only funny to us but whatever works, right?)
  • Ten Things Tuesday! I love this day!

1. Yesterday C and I went to IKEA and Cincinatti yesterday. We were planning in just getting supplies for some storage and pictures for the house but we accidentally bought a crib too...it was a really good deal!

2. I THOUGHT my surge was supposed to come and I spent the day as a total basket case...testing like every few hours. My surge ended up coming last night. I felt bad because I was clearly stressing C out and I wasn't doing myself any good either.

3. Like I mentioned in #2 I did get my surge last night (yay!!!!) we went in for our first IUI today. I am nervous, scared, excited, and happy! TWW here we come!

4. Thanks to people on this board and some friends of mine I have been doing acupunture for fertility. I went before my appointment and I am going again tomorrow morning. I hope it goes well!

5. We have decided to not tell our family and only a few select friends that we are TTC. It has been SO hard...I tell my mom everything and I don't know how long I can keep it a secret.

6. It is so bitter cold here it makes me want to curl up in the bed and stay there until Spring.

7. I have been working pretty hard on the small business we are starting. I am getting really excited about that and I think it will be a good way to keep busy over these next 12 days...

8. I am trying to come up with a schedule of activities to keep myself busy...I feel like I can't think of anything to do besides take pregnancy tests.

9. If I get pregnant soon, I am going to start babysitting my neice which I am super pumped about.

10. C is being so sweet and kind...she takes such good care of me. I don't know what I would do without her during this process.

• Congrats on the insemination, AmyRehs. And good luck to everyone in their TWW or holding out til is time to deliver.

1. I'm staying up late to read at the TTTs and do mine. TTT is my favorite day.

2. AmyRehs story about Ikea sounds exactly like something M and I would do.

3. Tonight we had a friend over to play Settlers of Catan Histories Trails and Rails. It is really fun.

4. Because we had just seen this friend on Sunday and filled her in on everything we didn't talk about TTC hardly at all. It was kinda really nice.

5. I'm not sure if it is because it is our second insemination or because we are busy whereas last time it was the holidays but this TWW seems to be going a lot faster than the last. I may by feel that way days 1013 though.

6. I love viciouskittie's about the R names. :

7. I have decided to try giving up wheat for this month with M. I think my stomach is having a hard time adjusting. Apparently your body has to learn to get fiber from other foods or something.

8. I gave up diet coke for the new year. Well really I gave up aspartame but that was by far my predominant source. I love diet coke so much and I was willing to accept the potential risks of aspartame for my health. But since I hope to be breastfeeding the baby Amanda carries supplemental or if things go a different way then carrying one this year, I wanted to get off aspartame for that. I miss diet coke but so far I'm surviving.

9. We played Rock Band last night. I need to remember to bring that up from the basement more often because it is fun.

10. I'm sad for all the folks struggling with parents or partners and am sending you all supportive vibes and sympathy.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imagehealz413:

1. I'm staying up late to read at the TTTs and do mine. TTT is my favorite day.

6. I love viciouskittie's about the R names.

1. TTT is my favourite day too :) It's a great way to catch up on everyone/thing.

6. Haha, it gets really involved - the companies we work with get changed, all our friends and co-workers. The only exception is our dog whose name - Roman - already starts with an R. So he gets changed to Doman.

(...yup, offically huge dorks).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"