September 2012 Moms
Options

What have you tried?

I'm curious what have you tried with your 4 month old? For instance, tonight I fed him the rice and mixed fruit cereal made to baby food consistency 2 oz formula to 2 oz rice and he loved it!!! Has anyone else tried something and had good luck?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What have you tried?

• Options
    Our pedi said only single grain cereal, I tried the oatmeal and he seemed to like it at first but he won't eat it anymore.
  • Options
    Pedi told us to start DS on veggies and fruits at his appointment last Tuesday, so far he loves carrots and bananas. Tomorrow we try peas. I gave him rice cereal with formula but he doesn't seem to care for that.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oatmeal is so so and go over better in the evening then in the morning. Apples didn't go over great, she spit out more than she ate. Green beans made her poo thick and stinky but she loves them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I tried oatmeal cereal once a week or so ago, about a teaspoon worth mixed with a 1/2 oz formula.

Since we hadn't been given the official go-ahead yet, I kept the consistency very thing, and the oatmeal amount minimal.  I haven't done anythig beyond that

He LOVED it, but I am waiting until a lengthier discussion with the pedi at our appt tomorrow morning before moving forward with fruits and veggies.  I'm planning on introducing them one at a time, one week at a time at some point soon, probably closer to 5 months.

I was given a Cuisinart baby food maker for Christmas, and made some green beans with it from leftovers we had the other night.  They're in the freezer now, and will be joined by some sweet potatoes and apples after this week.

My plan is to buy a little extra of whatever fruits or veggies I am buying for ourselves for the week, and make a batch of food from that to see what DS likes and doesn't like after it's introduced, then go from there. 

ETA: holy moly I wrote a novel. Sorry about the tl;dr!!! 

Little B 9.20.12
  • Options

She loves oatmeal, peas and sweet potatoes.  That's all we've done so far.

• Options
    imageTheAnne:

I put a little piece of my hamburger from lunch this weekend in her mouth for her to suck on.  She ate it right up!

j/k.  just breast milk and formula so far.  maybe cereal after her 4mo appointment this week.

Hahaha...I got really scared for you for a minute there.  I thought..."Damn, she's brave for admitting that!"    hahaha...

We're still on formula only.  I'm skipping cereal and moving to purees at 6 months.   But, all of you guys that are already introducing solids have me jealous! lol.. I know the novelty wears off quick, but I just can't wait to see S's reactions to different flavors and textures.  

• Options
    We have tried avocados mixed with breast milk to make the consistency thinner. She loves them! Next we will try sweet potatoes and bananas:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    OMG that hamburger comment made me die laughing!!! HAHA!!! He ate the rice cereal, the flavor is called "rice cereal with mixed fruit"... He loved it!! So y'all are trying a little bit of baby foods now?! So brave! When was your baby born? Connor Mack was born 9/20.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"