May 2013 Moms

Stretch marks

FTM at 24wks and knock on wood haven't seen any stretch marks yet. Any advice or when they creep up? Do some of you already have them?

Re: Stretch marks

• Last time I ended up with 3 small ones that I never saw until after delivery.  I thought was home free but they arent that bad.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Mine came with a vengeance at 34 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I also am 24 weeks and don't have any stretch marks yet....hope I don't get any.  I have been using Palmer's Cocoa Tummy Butter.  I don't know if it is helping but I don't have any so I hope so.  I know they say it is more genetics then anything. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Last time I noticed my first one at around 33 weeks. Then after that it was like they spred overnight.
  • I didn't get any with DS1 until 38 weeks. So annoying! Now they are there right away as soon as I start to show. They pretty much are gone when I lose the baby weight though. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With DS1 I didn't get any until 36 weeks...he came at 37.  Grrr!  With DS2 I have no idea when they started but it was earlier.  I haven't noticed any yet but I'm sure I'll add more to my collection this time.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have a ton of em. On my boobs. Greeeeat.

bfp #1 10/15/2009 m/c 11/4/09 10 weeks Lily you are not forgotten
    bfp #2 4/5/2010 CP, m/c 4/12/10 5 weeks Baby Lo
    Diagnosed PCOS 10/10 RX 1500 mg Metformin/day
    bfp#3 4/5/2011 Missed m/c discovered 5/24/2011 (10w 5d) baby Asher stopped growing at 6 weeks
    I know he is playing with his siblings in heaven right now...

rx'd factor II gene mutation 7/11 prescribed 5000 units Heparin daily
    rx'd Sjogren's Disease 8/11

bfp #4 9-6-2012 RAINBOW Baby Ky born 5-9-13
    bfp #5 8-26-14  RAINBOW #2 Due 5-8-2015

baby development
  • I have them on the outside of my thighs and I'm having a hard time convincing myself it's because of baby... And I have one on the scar from my appendectomy. I'm sure that will look gorgeous covered in stretch marks
  • I started getting them around 38 weeks with DS. I thought I wasn't going to get them, then one morning I woke up to a bunch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Somewhere in the 3rd tri they showed up.  Didn't matter how much I lathered on the cocoa butter crap.
  • I was in third tri when I got them with DS. I didn't get new ones with DD though but I feel ill get some this time around. I've also heard of some women getting them after they give birth though. Not sure how true that is.
  • I don't think mine came until later on last time. And I had quite a few I didn't even know about until after I gave birth (where the low stomach meets the pubic area). So that was awesome.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't have any belly stretch marks, they showed up on my boobs once my milk came in. However, I lucked out and the disappeared once I deflated a bit, lol.
    IMG_5977lb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• With DD they started just as I entered 3rd tri. They came with a vengeance.  Wishing u better luck than I had!

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

• I got my first about 19 weeks on my stomach, now im 23 weeks and have 3... i use the palmers coco butter, im just hoping they fade fairly fast after the delivery
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker image image
  • image~Kat~:
    I didn't get any with DS1 until 38 weeks. So annoying! Now they are there right away as soon as I start to show. They pretty much are gone when I lose the baby weight though. 

This  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a FTM also. I already had stretch marks on my hips and boobs that were pretty faded, but the ones on my hips are starting to get darker and I've noticed 2 on my belly despite using the Palmer's Cocoa butter daily. I was hoping to avoid it, but I know that my mother got a ton of belly stretch marks when she was pregnant, so I was kind of expecting it.
  • I never noticed any until about 35 weeks with DS1 and even then there were just a few.  After I delivered and got a glance at my belly in the mirror I almost passed out when I saw how many there were covering the lower half of my belly.  After about a year they faded so that they weren't really that noticeable.  This time around the bottom and sides of my belly are covered with them already.
  • Got them during a miscarriage around 12 weeks, and they have come back.  I like to think of them as beauty marks. :-)
  • With my first pregnancy, I noticed them at 37weeks (also the week that was the first time a complete stranger reached out and touched my belly!), they had crept up underneath my belly button where I really couldn't see them until looking in a mirror and lifting up my bump a little.  I did use Palmers throughout that pregnancy.

I am someone who is prone to stretch marks (I have them on my butt and hips from weight gain and growth spurts during puberty) so I wasn't surprised at them, but disappointed I had made it almost the whole pregnancy without them and BAM -- 37 weeks!

They aren't that bad, just 3 that are about an inch long above my belly button and multiples below my belly button.  They do fade!  But they are still there....

• I only got strech marks on my boobs w/ DD. I haven't noticed any yet this time around.
  • I've had them for about 8 weeks.  They show up early in women in my family.  Unfortunately, they are hereditary.  They have faded well with my mom and sister.  I'm hoping mine do.

BabyFetus Ticker
    June 2010- Got married after 6 years of dating
    May 2013- Bennett was born
    Nov 2014- BFP! Due Date 7/27/2015

• Oh heck yea they can creep up. They can even show themselves AFTER baby has come! I have some but luckily they are only on my butt. For me, that's not too bad to come to terms with. 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• On doctoryourself.com it talks about taking high doses of vitamin C in pure form. You ladies should really check that site out. Doc also says it helps will delivery making it less painful n the recovery time faster. It can't hurt to try! Good luck all!  :)

• imageJNX4EVER:

On doctoryourself.com it talks about taking high doses of vitamin C in pure form. You ladies should really check that site out. Doc also says it helps will delivery making it less painful n the recovery time faster. It can't hurt to try! Good luck all!  :)

Hmm 
    VOTE on my Name List
    Check out my Team Green baby names! P.S. I'm not serious with any of the names
    BabyFruit Ticker
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 9/7/12, EDD 5/15/13
    MW interview said 5/17/13 and changed back to 5/15/13 after first visit
  • Mine came right at the end of 2nd tri/beginning of 3rd.

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

• I've only got a few stretch marks-but I'm only 28 weeks along. And I'm not going to worry about them if/when they show up. Most of the ones I do have are from when I was fatter way before pregnancy.

And I'm sorry if this is perceived as negative here, but why all the hate for stretch marks? They show that you carried a baby. I didn't ever want kids, but I'm not going to try and hide the evidence of having had a baby. They should actually be seen as a badge of honor. A testament to the fact that you were able to have kids when there are people out there who can't have any kids.

That's just my opinion. See them as beautiful, as part of your story and the beginning part of your child's story, not as something to be hidden like you're ashamed. 

• imagenicoleceline:

I've only got a few stretch marks-but I'm only 28 weeks along. And I'm not going to worry about them if/when they show up. Most of the ones I do have are from when I was fatter way before pregnancy.

And I'm sorry if this is perceived as negative here, but why all the hate for stretch marks? They show that you carried a baby. I didn't ever want kids, but I'm not going to try and hide the evidence of having had a baby. They should actually be seen as a badge of honor. A testament to the fact that you were able to have kids when there are people out there who can't have any kids.

That's just my opinion. See them as beautiful, as part of your story and the beginning part of your child's story, not as something to be hidden like you're ashamed. 

I'm not disagreeing with your concept, but if I have a healthy baby to show for the journey, that will be plenty good for me. I don't need stretch marks to show me that I brought him into the world too. But If I get 'em, I get 'em. No big.

• FTM and nothing here yet.  However, now that I have read through this thread, I may have been overly excited they hadn't made their appearance yet. I didn't know so many Momma's got them as far into their pregnancy before. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"