February 2013 Moms

Start of Week 38

I started week 38 by sleeping 11 hours last night! I never sleep past 7:30 in the morning even if I go to bed late! My back and hips have also been hurting, which I'm guessing is an increase in the relaxin hormone. Last Thursday I had Braxton Hicks contractions for 6 hours that were at least 3-5 minutes apart but never painful.I know it's my body's way of preparing for labor but it sucks not knowing if that means tomorrow or 3 more weeks! I still have 2 more weeks of work so it will be tough making it though!!! My third trimester had been so easy up to this point!

Re: Start of Week 38

• I hear ya girl! I hit 38w tomorrow. I have been so blessed throughout my whole pregnancy that it doesn't feel right to complain. But it has definitely gotten harder. I am tired of waking up to roll over and getting up to pee 3 times a night. Hips and pelvis hurt like I've been bare back horse riding all day. I've been sleeping on the couch. It's almost over and he will be here soon! Can't wait!!
  • I can tell my body is getting ready because I hit a wall of exhaustion in the middle of my 37th week.  Worse than first tri exhaustion.  Whenever my body gets the rest it needs, I get up and start cleaning and organizing.  

My SPD has gotten worse as baby engages, I have those tricky little prodromal labor contractions for hours a day, I figured out yesterday that I am beginning to leak colostrum (never happened in my previous pregnancies), I've started to swell in my hands and feet.  There are so many signs, but my LO is comfy where he is, I guess.  He's a stubborn little thing. 

Edited for clarity! 

DD: 6/30/09. Mild pre-e DS: 9/5/10. Normal pregnancy Diagnosed 6/4/12 with dermatomyositis. Currently on Prednisone and IVIG therapy. 9/11/12: Normal a/s for DS2. No side effects from my medication, yay! DS2: 1/28/13. Thankful for healthy children! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • (I can tell my body is getting ready because I hit a wall of exhaustion in the middle of my 37th week.  Worse than first tri exhaustion.  Whenever my body gets the rest it needs, I get up and start cleaning and organizing.  

My SPD has gotten worse as baby engages, I have those tricky little prodromal labor contractions for hours a day, I figured out yesterday that I am beginning to leak colostrum (never happened in my previous pregnancies), I've started to swell in my hands and feet.  There are so many signs, but my LO is comfy where he is, I guess.  He's a stubborn little thing. )

SAME!

my ankles are swollen, I've started leaking colostrum and having bad BH that last for hours! what a tease! 

JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

• Well it looks like we're all in the same boat! I was hoping mine meant labor was around the corner! Ha!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"