Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Csection moms... How long did you wait?

Before driving? Lifting more than baby or a gallon of milk? Exercising? Feeling 100 percent back to yourself?
I had a csection with DS, but in the hospital I felt like I couldn't move the first day after and everything killed for the first week and was a very slow progression. This time I was up moving around and in the shower within 12hrs, have picked up both DD and DS by accident a few times and felt totally fine, and feel like I'm 95 percent back to fully functioning. I'm worried I'm over doing it since I haven't even hit the 2 week mark yet, but I feel good so I am not even thinking about most of the time. Is this okay? Or do I really need to force myself to slow down?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Csection moms... How long did you wait?

• This time around I bounced back a whole lot faster- mainly because I had to. Driving- last time the dr had me wait 2 weeks, this time my new dr said after a week as long as I wasn't taking the narcotic pain meds. Lifting- I tried as long as I could to not lift DD. I forgot and picked her up to put her into her carseat and I had some heavier bleeding that day. I'd say by 2 weeks I was pretty much back to normal. I'd have twinges of pain from time to time, but by 3 weeks I was 100%. I did my post partum visit with the OB at 4 weeks and he cleared me to exercise (still no crunches, squats or anything that would put pressure on the incision till after 6 weeks), resume sex and pretty much anything I would do on a day to day basis.
    imageimage
  • imageLSU628:
    This time around I bounced back a whole lot faster mainly because I had to. Driving last time the dr had me wait 2 weeks, this time my new dr said after a week as long as I wasn't taking the narcotic pain meds. Lifting I tried as long as I could to not lift DD. I forgot and picked her up to put her into her carseat and I had some heavier bleeding that day. I'd say by 2 weeks I was pretty much back to normal. I'd have twinges of pain from time to time, but by 3 weeks I was 100. I did my post partum visit with the OB at 4 weeks and he cleared me to exercise still no crunches, squats or anything that would put pressure on the incision till after 6 weeks, resume sex and pretty much anything I would do on a day to day basis.
    good to know, thanks!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 11 days PP and I have not driven, but I have picked up my 15 month old and resumed normal house work.  At the end of the day, I'm usually sore and tired, but I don't feel like I've over done anything.  I am trying to take a little more time to relax. 

Also, I went shopping with my mom for a few hours today.  I can definitely tell I don't have all my stamina back, but we did ok. 

• I haven't driven yet. This is mostly due to the fact that I have had no need. However, I am still on lifting restrictions. I have broken the rules a few times, but I always get a little sore in the ab area after. So I'm milking it and making DH do all of DD's diapers.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've been bending and taking the stairs up and down a few times a day. I haven't thought about driving but I'm still taking narcotics. I feel pretty good most of the time.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • I was driving after a week. Our LO had some health problems which required follow up appt.'s. My H took the week off of work I was in labor/in the hospital then had to return so I didn't have a choice. I started walking (per my midwife) around 3 weeks, just for 20 minutes or so.

• I drove and lifted things heavier than my baby at 2 weeks pp. I was cleared to exercise last Monday at 6 weeks pp. I was up to it earlier but didn't push it because there are still internal staples.  Don't over do it, otherwise you'll end up in a lot of pain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DD was in the NICU so I drove 1 week after the c-section.. just didnt take any pain meds above motrin!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm going to drive on Thursday, but I'm only waiting because there are SOOOO many steps to get in and out of my house.  I'm not taking anything heavy duty either- just tylenol & motrin.  
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I haven't drove yet & it's been 2 weeks on Monday. My pain meds are almost gone. I know it says to wait 6 weeks to resume sex but, I couldn't wait. We took it slow. I feel bad that I didn't obey doctors orders but, felt pretty comfortable, Still sore but, not over doiung it. I was going to ask others if they waited the time the dr. said or not to have sex. I think if your careful with anything you will be fine as long as your not in pain. Which isn't always easy to do.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I am 4 weeks out and feeling frustrated. By 2 weeks I felt mostly ok but the last 2 weeks have been the same, I can't take super long walks without feeling it and I am very uncomfortable. I think maybe I pushed it took much and now I am taking longer to heal? Getting out of bed or off the sofa still bothers me, though I can do it, water hitting it in the shower bothers it as well. I just thought I would be feeling totally normal by 4 weeks, which I absolutely don't and I find that really frustrating as i am a very active person I can't even imagine doing more than a walk for exercise at this point and sex is totally not on the table. As far as lifting things though, I have been lifting more for the last week or so. It is more the turning and bending that gets to me. I have been driving for the last week, though the seatbelt over the incision bothers me too.
  • I had a c-section on 12/11/12 and just feeling better about one month out. I still havent driven yet although my dr said it was ok to drive about 2 wk ago. My wonderful hubby is still doing the lifting around the house . I was in intense pain up to maybe 3 wks ago.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Driving: I was told no driving for 2 weeks due to reaction time being slower when you have surgery

Lifting: I was told no heavy lifting until my 6 week check up... I pick up my son (10lbs) and that's about it for now...can't wait to get the go ahead to do more so I can get back to work 

Feeling 100% : Week 2 I got my energy back and feel human again lol
  • imageBellemmnm:
    I haven't drove yet & it's been 2 weeks on Monday. My pain meds are almost gone. I know it says to wait 6 weeks to resume sex but, I couldn't wait. We took it slow. I feel bad that I didn't obey doctors orders but, felt pretty comfortable, Still sore but, not over doiung it. I was going to ask others if they waited the time the dr. said or not to have sex. I think if your careful with anything you will be fine as long as your not in pain. Which isn't always easy to do.

My mw said absolutely not even if I was feeling up to it. The risk of infections is so high it wasn't worth it for me to not wait. My c-section was emergency after several hours pushing and your cervix takes 4-6 weeks to completely close again after dilating. If your c-section was scheduled and you didn't dilate at all I could see it maybe after several weeks. If my husband was so horny he couldn't wait 6 weeks until I healed after major surgery...his arse would be kicked to the curb. 

• I felt more like myself faster this time, within the 2 week mark. I didn't drive for the first time until 2 weeks 2 days. I still don't pick up my oldest if I can help it. I have him climb up on the couch or something & pick him up from there. I'm slowly exercising more each day, but I'm not going to get crazy aggressive until I get the okay at my 6 week pp appointment. 

Basically I don't want to do something that might set me back. They have the "rules" for a reason, so I'm trying my best to abide by them, but still trying to get back into normal life too. I only have so much time at home before I have to go back to work! I want to make the most of my "time off" with my baby.  

• I had my c-section on a Thursday and drove to the doctor the following Tuesday, I haven't really lifted anything too heavy yet but I lost a lot of blood during my section and almost needed a transfusion so I get tired VERY quickly if I do too much.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • i'm a ftm...and had a c section...i actually felt fine before i left the hospital....and when i got home, i probably did more than i was supposed to....it was hard for me not to do anything esp since i felt ok...i didn't drive though...i waited until my 2 week check up with my ob, she cleared me to drive, but i didn't actually drive until like, 4 weeks later.... 

• Before driving? 1 week

Lifting more than baby or a gallon of milk? Doctor said I could lift 25lbs

Exercising? What's this? Wink

Feeling 100 percent back to yourself? I'm 4 weeks out and I feel about 95%, I get some discomfort in my incision once in awhile (I'm trying to only take 1 pain pill a day)

• imagesaturdaynightdoubletree:
    Before driving? Lifting more than baby or a gallon of milk? Exercising? Feeling 100 percent back to yourself? I had a csection with DS, but in the hospital I felt like I couldn't move the first day after and everything killed for the first week and was a very slow progression. This time I was up moving around and in the shower within 12hrs, have picked up both DD and DS by accident a few times and felt totally fine, and feel like I'm 95 percent back to fully functioning. I'm worried I'm over doing it since I haven't even hit the 2 week mark yet, but I feel good so I am not even thinking about most of the time. Is this okay? Or do I really need to force myself to slow down?

1st time: I was up the next morning showering and shuffling around. I drove to my follow appt with DD bymyself 5 days after csection and oarticipated in all xmas stuff 1 week after csection. I recovered quick and was no longer on meds once returning home.

2nd time: I was up again next morning showering yada yada went home in two days again. DD#2 was born 10/25. I went trick or treating with #1 and walked the whole time. I did try to exercise earlier than last time and it caused me to start bleeding vaginally again so I stopped. I did take meds longer this time. Due to the fact that I was much more active chasing a toddler around too. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"