December 2012 Moms

More kids?

Just curious now that we all have had our LOs if anyone has changed their mind on the number of LOs they want.

DH always wanted 2 close together, so he's happy as a clam. I always wanted 3 and might consider adding a 3rd in a few years. However, when I think about the financial aspects of a 3rd and the uncertainty of dh's career (medical), I get afraid and think 2 is enough. All things considered, we are probably done.

Anyone else?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: More kids?

• The plan is 3-4 more. We both want a big family! We probably won't start trying again until DS is over a year old. I'm not wanting 2 under 2! ;)
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • imageRissKay:
    The plan is 34 more. We both want a big family! We probably won't start trying again until DS is over a year old. I'm not wanting 2 under 2! ;

This! As I was healing still I couldn't imagine having as many as we originally planned but I have already gotten over the pain. I am an only child and really want a big family. I would love to wait until DD is 3 or so as it might be easier to have a little helper with a new baby but I highly doubt DH will want to wait that long. We will probably start trying after she turns 12 or 18 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Towards the end of my pregnancy I was certain we were done trying on our own and I felt that if in a year or so, if our frozen embryo was transferred and didn't result in a pregnancy that I would be good with that as well.  But now I'm not so sure.  Practically, I'm 41 so trying on our own most likely won't result in a healthy pregnancy, but, even knowing that I can't give my husband the green light to go and get a vasectomy. 

I felt the same way after I had my third and then a few more months passed and I decided I was fine having three kids (and then found out I was pregnant with our fourth).   I'm waiting to see if that feeling comes back again this time and if it does then we'll do the frozen embryo transfer and I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't work.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Actually, it made me want another one MORE. I didn't have the easiest pregnancy (insulin controlled GD from week 6 on..) but I loved being pregnant and I miss it already. Also, I LOVE being a Mom...sure there's not much sleep involved, but I love it anyway. Our issue is that we would have to move before we have another kid (no room for them in our current house) so it will be a question of finances and if we can afford a bigger house at some point in our future..luckily we're young and have a few years before we'd have to decide for certain

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• So much of me is cool with stopping at 2. However, DH really really wants to try for a biological little girl. I more than likely will give into his request. We just will not consider a third until I am through school and working. This will give us 2 kids fairly close together, and then 1 kid that will be probably 5 years younger than little man.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We might have one more not completely sure though, one might be it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I always thought I would have two because I didn't want my LO to grow up without a sibling (I have a brother and a sister). But at this moment I can't imagine being able to take care of two children or being pregnant and taking care of a LO. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• We're also about 95% sure we're done - with my age, chronic anxiety and GD during the last 2 pregnancies,I think I owe it to my household to focus who is already here. I have to say, it's bittersweet. 
    8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We probably want two more, total of three, in the next three or four years. I'd love to have sons and daughters, and although I'd probably be ok at stopping at two, my husband has always wanted three.
  • I'm also up in the air about having a third now. I really dislike the newborn phase, so I'm waiting until the sleep deprivation is far from my mind to see how I really feel. But realistically I know that even if I decide I want a third the reality of finances and job security issues mean number 3 would probably not be feasible, or it would need to be further down the road, so nowhere near as close together as our girls are. DH really wants a third but of course he would feel that way, he doesn't have a baby on his nipple day and night! He says he is ok if we don't end up having a third though. Time will tell what is best for our family!
  • 99% sure we are done.  3 kids 3 and under is rough.  But when the two big ones are asleep, and I am alone feeding the baby overnight, I can't believe that she is my last.  But financially, 3 is enough.  And we wouldn't have room for a fourth!  Still, I couldn't pull the trigger on even an IUD at my 6 week check.  Just went with the mini pill...Maybe DH will decide to get snipped.
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJessAnnJ:
    I always thought I would have two because I didn't want my LO to grow up without a sibling (I have a brother and a sister). But at this moment I can't imagine being able to take care of two children or being pregnant and taking care of a LO. 

This exactly. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh heck no. 

Our plan was 2.  Twins made a special 3. 

• My husband and I want 3 of our own and then plan on fostering native american teenagers when our children are out of the house (husband was a foster kid from a reservation so he really has a passion for it).

Our son is almost a month and I think we will wait until he is a year before we start trying for number 2.
  • imageJessAnnJ:
    I always thought I would have two because I didn't want my LO to grow up without a sibling I have a brother and a sister. But at this moment I can't imagine being able to take care of two children or being pregnant and taking care of a LO.nbsp;

This.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Love my little gal, however still at the one and done stance.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm 99.9% sure we are done, While I like being PG, the thought of a 4th c-sec & having to do the NB stage again is enough to make this it, I have three beautiful, healthy perfect little girls & feel blessed. I do feel like our family is complete.

For thr record DH will be the one to get snipped! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • I only wanted one of my own. I miss being pregnant like CRAZY! I don't miss it enough to enjoy what its done to my body when I have a uniform to fit into in 8 weeks.

Our job isn't conducive for kids ESPECIALLY with both of us working and I depleted all my time to have her. Time it took me almost 5 years to buildup.
    IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We knew dd would be our last when we started trying, financially and sanity-wise, we are done. Having a boy and a girl makes it easier to  be ok with that decision. However, if an oops happened in a few years it might not be the worst thing in the world.

• Our twin girls are it for us. I loved being pregnant and I would love to have a boy, but it wasn't in the cards.  If we happen to get blessed with a miracle down the road, great, but we're definitely done with fertility treatments!  The increased risk of having multiples again makes me shudder.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagediscobelle:

We are done.  We had always planned for two.

I'm 95% good with that.  The other 5% wants a girl.  ;)

Yeah - I was the same way. Got pregnant, unexpectedly. Welcomed boy #3 five weeks ago! Stick out tongue

• I would really like at least one more.  Luckily, since the first two are girls, the husband is on board to try for a boy one more time.  I really don't want to deal with the newborn and healing stage again, but I really want a bigger family.  
  • We're 100% done.  I had my tubes tied during my c-section this time.  Eight is enough.
    Jayme
    Boy 16, Boy 15, Boy 13, Girl 10, Girl 8 & Twin Boys 3, and Bacon!
    Twin A is in REMISSION!
    23 week loss, 24 week loss, 3 early miscarriages & a 25 weeker who lived only 9 weeks.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • we still want another! he is our first and we have our number set at 2. Maybe in 2016! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"