September 2013 Moms

I feel fat

Between putting on a few lbs at the holidays and the massive bloating that I'm experiencing by the end of every day I feel huge! Its obviously too soon to look pregnant (I'm only 6w) so I just feel fat! I generally feel okay in the morning after peeing 6 times in the middle of the night but by 6-7pm I feel huge again. Is anyone else struggling with this?

Thanks for listening to my vent :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I feel fat

• I get bloated by the end of the day.
  • I feel bloated most of the day. I am already a overweight person anyway but it sucks. The other day I had to unbutton my pants at work.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am ridiculously bloated and had to buy maternity clothes today just so I can feel more comfortable. This is my first pregnancy and if was so surreal experience trying clothes on.  I truly dislike this bloat. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Yes!!! I feel like I look massively pregnant when I'm only 6 weeks pregnant. It gets worse as the day goes along. As the day goes, you gain more water retention and that's where your extra bloat is! I tend to get everything done in the public before around 3pm and then I'm in for the rest of the night! Haha.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel the same way. I am already overweight but I had started back on my healthy eating and working out before finding out I'm pregnant... So I had no time to make much progress and now I'm so exhausted I can barely make it through a decent workout after work...
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I feel like exactly this. I had gained a couple more unecessary pounds over the holidays and now with the bloat my pants are definitely snug. I'm going to go get one of those pants extenders and some new looser fitting longer tops. Hopefully that helps.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you ladies! I feel so much better to know I'm not alone. I expected to gain weight in my pregnancy I just didn't anticipate it happening so soon. I can't wait for the bump to come in so I can look pregnant instead of fat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am already very bloated and I am only four weeks. Flowy shirts are my best friend right now haha!

• Oh the bloat. I am worse in the evening. I am a bit overweight and have a little belly but now I look like I am 6 months pregnant by the end of the day.

I went yesterday and bought some maternity pants. Omg they fit so muc better. I wear a long sweater over my blouses as work just so no one picks up on anything yet. Hoping to wait til my birthday weekend to start telling people!! Just a few more weeks.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• You are not alone! I am 5 foot zero and I have NO torso, so this bloat has no where to hide. I'm glad its in the 60s and I can wear cardigans to hide my stomach a little.

Love is multiplied: DS #1: 1.5.99 ~ DS #2: 9.23.11 ~ DD 8.29.13

m/c 11/12/12 - sleep tight baby bean.

Bitty Baby #4, please stick around - we already love you so very much!

Ultrasound 11/4 - TWO HEARTBEATS!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am so happy to hear that I am not the only one! I had to buy new jeans and new longer maternity tank tops so that my shirts do not rise above my bloated stomach. I have been trying to hide from people that I have not seen in a while so they don't talk about how big I have gotten. 
  • I'm feeling fat too. My pants still fit, but most of my winter shirts hug my body so they all showcase a jiggly belly :/ I'm getting kind of self conscious about it. A pregnancy immediately after the holidays and a vacation isn't good for the body image haha
    One DD born 9/23/13.
    We're one and done!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"