September 2013 Moms
Options

pre-natal vit making m/s worse?

has anyone noticed their prenatal vit making their m/s worse?  I have had such bad m/s and I have been at a loss...it might be co-incidence, but today i actually felt a little better...then I remembered I did not take my vit, within an hour I was dry heaving again....I take the one a day with added DHA?  My Ob recommended it? 

anyone else have this issue?

Re: pre-natal vit making m/s worse?

• Options
    I take mine right before bed and have no sickness from them. When I first started taking them, I was taking them in the am and was totally feeling sick.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    multivitamins are known to make some people with sensitive stomachs nauseated.  I tend to feel nauseated after taking them, and I bought one that is supposed to be gentler on the stomach.  I also started taking them right before bed so that I slept through any nausea I might feel.  Have you thought of trying this out?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Taking it right before bed should help.  If not, discuss with your doctor about other options.  Are you throwing it up or does it just make you feel sick?  If you can't keep the vitamin down, definitely talk to your doctor about other options because it's important.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options

imagecvl105:
    I take mine right before bed and have no sickness from them. When I first started taking them, I was taking them in the am and was totally feeling sick.

Same with me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options

imageLCass:
    Taking it right before bed should help.  If not, discuss with your doctor about other options.  Are you throwing it up or does it just make you feel sick?  If you can't keep the vitamin down, definitely talk to your doctor about other options because it's important.

I keep it down, but I am incredibly nauseated, for a lack of a bteer description it feels like right before you throw up...the whole time...and then I start dry heaving...but at least in stays in....I am going to try this, thanks ladies!

• Options
    imagecvl105:

Me too
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I take the same brand. No issues here but I also do not have MS

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    It's the Iron in them.  If taking them at night doesn't help try getting the gummy kind from target. They usually don't have as much if any.   You can go back to the other ones after the ms has gotten better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Prenatal vitamins can definitely make m/s worse. I am taking folic acid and B6 vitamin with Unisom at bedtime to help. I will also start taking fish oil in the second trimester. This is what my midwife told me to do.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
  • Options
    Yup.  My prenatals make me nauseous.  I have to eat a fairly good sized meal before taking them and that really eliminates most of my discomfort...from the prenatals anyway...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had to switch mine and only take them before bed. I was completely not functional when I took them during the day. It's definitely an improvement now!

Love is multiplied: DS #1: 1.5.99 ~ DS #2: 9.23.11 ~ DD 8.29.13

m/c 11/12/12 - sleep tight baby bean.

Bitty Baby #4, please stick around - we already love you so very much!

Ultrasound 11/4 - TWO HEARTBEATS!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Does your prenatal have Iron in it? Those are usually the ones that make people the most nauseous. You could take the prenatal gummy vitamins, because those are usually easier on the stomach. I started taking those a couple of nights ago.

• Options
    My prenatal is a 3 times a day which makes it easier on the belly. It's harder to digest when it's packed into 1 vitamin, this way it's everything we need but spread out. You could try to find one that is a 3 times a day one. I got mine at a local health food store. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I take the same one and take it at dinner every night. I haven't had any issues with it making my sick since I started taking it then.
    Brandon Le born 9/9/13 as a result of IVF#1

• Options
    With my second pregnancy, I had try several different kinds before I found one that didn't make me feel sick.  I do take mine at night and it seems to help.  Some people are just sensitive to prenatal's.  Ask your Dr.  You may have to take the gummy kind.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Another vote for taking them at night!  Before I even started taking prenatals for DD a friend warned me they can make you sick and taking before bed can help.  
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options
    I agree with the comments about iron. I had problems with prenatal vitamins during my first pregnancy. Since I really needed the iron, I took a prenatal vitamin without the iron, and combined with Slow Fe (easier on your system)
  • Options
    they make me feel worse if I take it without food and also right as I'm taking it because it's gross. But mine has B6 which actually helps with m/s. For my first pregnancy I noticed the opposite -- I'd feel worse on the few days I skipped the pill than on the days I took it. Even though as I'm taking it, it makes me want to throw up.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Random, but I just noticed that prenatals differ on the content of vitamins and minerals across brands. And not just iron. Gummies have less in other areas as well. Across multiple brands at target, the up & up regular prenatals have the highest percentages across the board. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageSLBxtreme:
    My prenatals haven't made me sick, but have you tried taking it right after eating a meal? I think some ladies take theirs at night instead of in the morning and have better luck that way too. If not you could always try a different prenatal.

Me too...try it at night 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"