3rd Trimester

PLEASE tell me this goes away right after the birth...

So my pelvis KILLLSSSSS when I walk and move because my relaxin hormone is doing it's job SO well apparently. So I'm wondering does this go right away after the baby is born ?

Dido about carpal tunnel/swollen hands.

I know they will both go away eventually but does that mean months, weeks, days, or minutes! ?  lol 

Pregnancy Ticker Owner & Creator of www.GreatestKidsGames.com

Re: PLEASE tell me this goes away right after the birth...

• It depends on the severity really.  For some women it goes away pretty much immediately, for others it doesn't. 

Last time I had SPD and it took several weeks to maybe 2 months for my pelvis to feel better.  Some women who have it end up in physical therapy for a year+ to try to correct the problems. 

So it's really just different for everyone.  No reason to expect it won't resolve itself quickly though considering for most people it's not an issue.

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm not sure but I do know that relaxin stays present throughout breastfeeding too. (I read that in a book, so that's assuming the book was right)

• Loading the player...
  • My pelvis never really bothered me with DD but the carpel tunnel got significantly worse after she was born. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Everything except the swelling went away for me pretty much immediately.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • It went away for me last time as soon as he was born. At least I don't remember feeling it anymore, but I had some tearing and stitches, so maybe that pain overrode the pelvis pain? 

• I don't remember when my hips felt better, but looking back, we have pictures of me wearing my carpal tunnel wrist wrap up until DD was about 6 months. (I think hefting a baby carrier around a lot probably delayed recovery.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There is no way to know for your individual situation. I was sore with joint issues after DD was born. The swelling stuck around for two weeks. It just depends on what your body decides to do.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagebuttaflly227:

So my pelvis KILLLSSSSS when I walk and move because my relaxin hormone is doing it's job SO well apparently. So I'm wondering does this go right away after the baby is born ?

Dido about carpal tunnel/swollen hands.

I know they will both go away eventually but does that mean months, weeks, days, or minutes! ?  lol 

I hear ya on that one, I don't remember having this issue with DD, but every pregnancy is different and by far this one is so different.

• I didn't have the carpal tunnel, but I did have hip/pelvis pain. Your body has a lot of work to do to shift in order to make room for baby, and that eventually has to shift it's way back. For me, it was a long road of lower back and hip pain, and many of trips to the chiropractor.

I was still flabby as hell as giving birth to DS (I gained 70+ pounds, and a lot of that was water retention) but the swelling mostly went down the next day. But, as per PP, everyone is different. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It got much better but it didn't go away. I still had to sleep with a pillow between my legs for like a year.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My carpal tunnel went away shortly after delivery.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"