June 2013 Moms

Not doing sh!t check in

I'm feeling alone.  Please come in if you aren't buying anything until after your shower and aren't setting up a nursery until after the baby is born.

Signed,

I don't need anything crowding up my life right now

Re: Not doing sh!t check in

• I suppose I can relate to this...at least more so than all the other mammas to be who are already nesting! I envy it....but were in between staying at my moms and buying a home. Not sure if we will have the house before bambino arrives...kind of depressing having to settle for a temporary nursery. Our original plan has been pushed back and now...were just kind of in limbo! We won't be buying the majority of our stuff until after the shower...and right now, a nursery is just a far off fantasy.
    image image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I don't know if I count... I'm team green with 2 under 15 months : I'm not buying a thing :P
    dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am not buying anything until after my shower!  We are in seriously saving mode as we are either buying a house or moving!  So don't really want extra stuff around if we are moving and can't afford any stuff right now!  Truly hoping everything I need is bought through my registry!

Also not setting up a nursery due to the same situation - we are either going to move to another city and rent or we are going to buy a house here but we aren't sure yet! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I can't do anything yet...we're moving to my husband's family lake house north of Atlanta from Miami next week, but we'll only be there for a month...so, it'll be mid/late March before we do anything.

L.M.
  • I think this is smart! I lived in a one bedroom until DD was one, then we bought a house and set up a room for her. When I see nursuries I think they look like a waste of time! Everytime I thought I needed something I would try to wait and often the "need" would go away withen two weeks. I'm trying to do the same with 2.
  • imagehst:
    I think this is smart! I lived in a one bedroom until DD was one, then we bought a house and set up a room for her. When I see nursuries I think they look like a waste of time! Everytime I thought I needed something I would try to wait and often the "need" would go away withen two weeks. I'm trying to do the same with 2.

Yeah I figure with the wonders of Amazon Prime I'll have a month to stock up after the shower on anything I think I will need and we've always planned on having Gizmo in our room until we move in the fall.  I like looking at nurseries and all but reading some posts makes me feel inadequate.

• I'm half with y'all. I haven't done sh!t yet, but I hope I get  motivated at some point. This is baby #1 and I will be having a shower so I'm not buying anything until after that. I would love to start painting what will be the baby's room. Actually, I would love to paint several rooms in our house. We have lived here over a year and have only painted one bathroom and I'm getting tired on "on the market neutral" walls everywhere. Maybe after the a/s next Monday I'll check out paint colors, although we are staying pretty neutral either way.
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • ::joining the not doing shiit club::

I haven't bought anything yet & won't until after the shower. The few things I do have were gifts from Christmas. I don't have a nursery room, so that solves that issue. I'll probably only have an Arm's Reach co-sleeper for awhile next to my bed. Needless to say, that doesn't require fancy bedding...so here I sit...without anything to do or "plan" as far as shopping & decorating goes.

TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't done anything yet, and I don't plan on it until we have more space. We are planning on moving before the baby is born. We have the house. We are just going to remodel over the next few months. We have no space for anything extra in our current home. It's tiny and maxed out already with our stuff. We have also told our parents anything they buy for the baby, they have to keep in their homes until after we move. So, I'm right there with you.
  • I haven't bought anything yet. I do have a private wish list started on Amazon that has been extremely helpful for organizing my ideas for baby gear, and will eventually become my registry. Right now, I'm just doing research and waiting until our a/s on February 5.
    Sunshine_zps3fcf529f
    BFP #1 on 8/11/12 | natural m/c at 5 weeks
    BFP #2 on 10/20/12 | due 6/28/13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • If a/s says boy we might buy some clothes, but other than NB diapers I don't plan on buying anything and really don't want to take things out of storage yet.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • LOL. DH and I were setting up some new gates to block the stairs for DD1 today, and I was thinking, "I can't possibly think about 'getting ready" for #2 when I still haven't finished 'getting ready' for #1....and she's 16 months old!" 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Another member of the NDS club. We painted the room over Christmas, but that's it so far. Haven't even looked online for anything other than a crib, and we certainly aren't set on that yet.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm a STM but I didn't buy anything until after my shower for DD. We were moving before she was born and we didn't have anywhere to store anything in our 600 sq ft apt at the time. But even if we did I wouldn't have bought anything anyway.

Well probably be moving again when this new babe is around 3 months old. Hopefully buying a house this time. So I'm most likely not buying anything, furniture or otherwise, until we move for good.

You're not alone!!

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• imageMeghanKG:
    The "nursery" is currently an empty spare bedroom filled with sh!t we don't know what to do with, and I don't see me organizing it anytime soon.

This exactly. The crap has been there since we moved here in July and I don't see it going anywhere in the near future. 

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• Pick me! My husband and I don't find out where we will be living for the next 3-4 years until mid-March (residency match day) so obviously we not only have no nursery yet but no room to store stuff in our little apartment now even if we wanted to start buying stuff! 

Our plan will be to figure out living arrangements in March, shower in April, move in May, and baby in June. Yay for summer chaos!  

Photobucket
    holding on to that feeling...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You're not alone.  With our first, I didn't buy anything really (except a few onesies and the travel system, which was a gift from my grandma), and DH had a small shower at work.  He set everything up while I was at the hospital (at least that's what I remember).  This time around, we really don't need too much, but I am buying up our newborn and some extra OS cloth diapers as I go, just to spread the expense out. We didn't cloth diaper the others as newborns.

photo cec1e248-7430-4475-9668-04578f2fd00a.jpg 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We dont know what we are having and dont plan on buying anything for a nursery until after its born. We dont want green or yellow so we are waiting. Finishing a remodel and doing research on the best things to buy and deciding on names  are what we are doing until after the shower. 

• Beer

Baby will room with us in the beginning and we are moving in November so I'm not even buying a crib until we move and not decorating a nursery.

The only thing I need to buy is a Rock N Play for baby to sleep in and if it's a girl, some clothes but I have enough gender neutral stuff to get me from NB- 3months. So I probably won't even shop for awhile.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Still not doing shiiit. We haven't even discussed names.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm not doing anything until April at the earliest. Although, I doubt anything will really be done until the baby is already here. My sister and her H are taking the queen sized bed in our guest room that will be the baby's room, and she'll probably want to visit when the baby is born and need something to sleep on. So yeh. Not doing sh!t over here.
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Add me to the list.  DD was in our room until she was about 13 mo.  I don't see the point of doing a nursery when it will just be a pretty storage spot.  Plus, I am thinking that by the time baby #2 is ready to move out of our room, DD1 will be done with her crib.  Perhaps we won't need to buy a 2nd crib.
    Formerly Photocat82, but the bump is fabulous and I somehow ended up with a corrupted account. imageAdventures in Randomness Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"