March 2012 Moms

OMG

Please share if you already started planning, how many people you have on your list to invite to LOs 1st b-day. Because mine is getting pretty insane.

We just have a lot of close friends that all have a lot of kids, and a lot of family near by and my husband is great friends with all his co-workers and so am I...

I'm feeling overwhelmed. But we throw big parties all the time (we brew our own beer) So now I just have to kid orient this one. Just happy that all these people DO want to share his B-day with him! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OMG

• I'm embarrassed to share my number until I hear your guys number! haha 
  • 3 including the guest of honor... 7 if you include the cats

...  couple of thousand if you inlcude all the animals employees and visitors to the zoo which we will be doing that day followed by a cake and photos sesh

:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Well SO's side has 13 and mine has 15 plus a few friends. So if we did it together we would have prob about 35. I think we are going to one at my parents house and one at his parents house. And our place is too small to have everyone here. If it was a summer birthday we would do it with our garage open and outside. But it's not. If our parents weren't 2.5 hours away from each other I would just choose one parents house.
  • Like 10ish. That's about all that will fight in my house anyway.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Well our family and majority of friends live about 8 hours from us. So we will have a very small party. DH, me, and two close friends if they can make it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We will be inviting around 60.  I live in my hometown with both sides of my (big) extended family here.  We are only inviting family and we have that many!  I just put my deposit on the multipurpose room in our borough building.  We had only 1 side of my extended family and my husband's small family for my son's 3rd birthday in December, around 30, and that was too much for my house. 

Husband's dad is deceased and his sisters are always iffy if they will show up or not, so it's either only invite close family and end up just being us and my parents, sister, and his mom or invite EVERYONE to make sure it's a "party" and not just our standard Sunday dinner.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 15 for us. Immediate family only. I'm not one for birthday parties and I don't really want a lot of useless gifts laying around the house. 
  • I think we will have 30 or so.
    DS1 born 3/27/12 DS2 due 1/8/14
  • I'm glad there is a good variety of answers. I am sending out 40 invites. Both I and DH live in our hometown with friends and family. I'm sure not all will come but 40 invites that include spouses and children equal a lot of people. 
  • We live 9.5 hours from our families BUT have an amazing group of friends who may as well be family.  So, we're probably looking at at least 20 people (12 of those being kids ranging from 6m to 5 years) and possibly more if some friends get home from deployment early.

• Keeping the number down to a minimum, we will have a 3 week old at that point and I will be sleep deprived once again.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Probably around 20, that's just family. At this age I don't want to be overwhelmed with hosting a big party. I want to just focus on my baby and her day.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    "Lilypie">image"Lilypie">
  • We invited about 30.  25 are adults (mostly family with a few close friends - I didn't want to do anything toooooo crazy) and 5 kids.  I just sent out invites on Friday, so I'm not sure how many will actually be attending, but I'm guessing around 20.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • We'll probably have around 15. It's pretty much just family.
    Mom to DD#1 December '06, DD#2 Feb '09 and DS March '12
  • Probably... let's see.... 15-ish? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• I think right around 30. Almost all family, plus a few of my very best friends and one other farming family who have 6 kids who all ADORE DD. Although if DH had his way it'd just be the 3 of us Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"