1st Trimester

My mom has a feeling...

I just found I was pregnant on Wednesday, but on Christmas my mom asked if I was pregnant. Also I was watching my sisiters little girl and came up to me and poked my belly and said "baby?". I guess they knew before I did!!! Has this happened to anyone else?

Re: My mom has a feeling...

• I have a feeling my mom is going to know way before I tell her, if not before I even know lol. She always knows when someone is pregnant. ALWAYS!
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• My granny, dad, and mom did. Apparently my eyes gave it away. I didn't even know. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • my boyfriend made a baby joke over his families xmas a week later i found out i was pregnant lol
  • My mom hasn't asked me lately but she also hasn't seen me. I'm trying to go see her do I can share the news!
  • Yeah, I know my mom knows, but I haven't told her yet. DH and I haven't even told her we were trying.  She keeps calling me telling me she's been having dreams about taking care of a little infant boy, her grandson (I wonder if I'm going to have a boy?).  I've just been blowing it off, avoiding the conversations.  When I was visiting her a couple weeks ago (when I thought I might have been pregnant, but wasn't sure), she kept interpreting all my dreams into "omg you're pregnant" dreams.  Like, I told her one morning that I'd dreamed of a ragged coyote that got into our yard.  I have no idea how she managed to spin it, but pretty soon the coyote was my period, and I was angry that it was on the horizon or something.  hahaha.  My mom and I have always had a strong connection for sure, but it can be annoying when you're trying to keep a big secret from her. 
  • I think I'm going to wait another week so that I'm more prepared for her reactions. She has been having baby withdrawals for the past year so I think she will be ready for the news.
  • After I told my parents my dad said he had a feeling I was pregnant but I don't know if he knew or not. :
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • imageKemare20:

A friend of mine's oldest daughter who was around 4 at the time, woke up one morning and said "Mom, you got a baby put in your belly last night" (They had done the deed that night). She just shrugged it off not really thinking anything of it. 4 weeks later she found out she was about 6 weeks preggo :) The daughter also predicted it was a girl and they were going to name her Annaleese. It was a girl, and that is exactly what they named her :) LOL

That's amazing!  Get that kid to play the lottery already. :P

• I don't really know that I believe this, but it was a funny story. My mom went to a Christmas party where they had tarot card readers and she asked if any of her kids would be pregnant soon. She didnt  tell them anything about any of us, although we had been trying for almost 11 months. And the lady told her that I was!  no chance of my sister ( who is also married). It was the day I got my positive test. Kinda weird! Haha
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am pretty sure my Mother in law knows... she knows before I do that I have a cold so... I start every sentence with so and for the past few weeks every time I say So, she gets a very excited look on her face. We are waiting until our appt on the 30th to share the news with both sets of parents :) We are making little congratulations cards! My husband and I wore red Chucks on our wedding day, we bought the baby some, we are going to take a picture of the three pairs and put it on the card! I am very excited to share this news! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My SO's grandmother had a feeling that I was pregnant. She was having baby dreams like crazy and called up SO's mom the day that we were going to tell her and told her that she thinks I am pg.

DD - Juliana Joan - Born October 27, 2010 - My Little Princess

BFP 1/14/13 - M/C 1/22/13 @ 5 weeks

BFP 3/20/13 - EDD 11/11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• imagemrsalishiaaustin:
    I am pretty sure my Mother in law knows... she knows before I do that I have a cold so... I start every sentence with so and for the past few weeks every time I say So, she gets a very excited look on her face. We are waiting until our appt on the 30th to share the news with both sets of parents : We are making little congratulations cards! My husband and I wore red Chucks on our wedding day, we bought the baby some, we are going to take a picture of the three pairs and put it on the card! I am very excited to share this news!nbsp;

This is just too precious!!!
  • all that my husband and I have told is our mothers... we have another ultrasound (7 1/2 weeks) this week and last weekend when we had my daughter's birthday it was the same thing my niece who is 14 months kept touching my belly and saying baby!..and she would run around saying it and would keep coming back. my sisters just looked at me and asked if she knew something that they didn't...i was only around 6 weeks at the time and wasn't ready to have anyone else but my husband and my mom to know..so I just smiled and said her guess is as good as mine. we have known since about 4 weeks along. but it was funny that abby knew...and she kept giving me the look that there was a baby in there and she was positive :)   after our ultrasound this week im planning to tell my sisters..say yeah abby was right :)   Its that mothers/child intuition :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I threw up the morning of Dec 22nd and thought that it was just because I had phlegm caught in my throat (I know, gross). When my bf's mom found out that I threw up she said "it's because you're pregnant." I told her no way I was pregnant. Well four days later I took a test and I was. My pregnancy was not planned at all either, so it's weird that she even said that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"