April 2013 Moms
Options

Coworker getting WAY to personal

My assistant has a tendency to say the wrong thing to me about my pregnancy. Well yesterday she started asking me things that were just way to personal. She asked me if I had hemorrhoids. Just in casual conversation, completely out of no where. Just "How was your day off? So did your pregnancy give you hemorrhoids yet?" I told her that was more than a little inappropriate. Then she asked me to show her my belly button. I refused, and then she started touching my belly without permission. Why do people think that it's ok to say and do really inappropriate things to pregnant ladies?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers IAmPregnant Ticker image

Re: Coworker getting WAY to personal

• Options
    Your assistant sounds like a real peach. I would have smacked her hands away from me. 
  • Options
    People get socially awkward sometimes around pregnant people. Some man I had just met asked me if I was doing my kegals. I would have asked her why she wanted to know what my arsehole looked like. Maybe that would have made her feel like one. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, to answer your question, I personally think that when people talk to a pregnant person, they have to say something about the pregnancy but don't know what to so say, so they say something stupid.  While it's easy to say, "Don't worry about it", it does get a little old around three months ago. 

Although, to deal with your assistant, she may just not know what the boundaries are when it comes to you.  I bet that you two speak about other things that aren't directly work related so she may not know where to draw the line.  I will say that the next time that she says something inappropriate or makes you uncomfortable to just tell her, "You know, we don't have to speak about my pregnancy," or "Pregnancy's kinda gross and I really would like to spare you the gory details." 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That's just plain ridiculous. What a creep!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can see myself talking to my mommy friends about whether or not we got a hemi during pregnancy, but to a coworker? Umm no. Weirdo.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagekravenmoore:
    When random people touch your belly, start touching their face.  It freaks them out and makes them ask, 'what are you doing?'  You can tell them, "not sure, what are YOU doing?  I thought we were randomly touching each other"
    This made me laugh out loud!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagekimmarie1105:
    People get socially awkward sometimes around pregnant people. Some man I had just met asked me if I was doing my kegals. I would have asked her why she wanted to know what my arsehole looked like. Maybe that would have made her feel like one. 

hahahaha 

• Options
    If she's that inappropriate and you are her boss, you need to correct her. If you keep taking this she has no idea she's being inappropriate.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"