January 2013 Moms
Options

Leaving my lil man over night...venting...

So I just found out that I'm being discharged from the hospital today-everythings ok...not much pain or anything, which is a good thing and all but now I'm really upset...after everything sounding like we were both going home and everything was ok- like all Kyles tests seemed to be alright and all, then the dr comes in and says they are still a lil concerned with his bilirubin ( not sure if thats how to spell it or not) so they want to keep him another night!!! I'm not stupid I know if its whats best for him that he needs to be here and be taken care of but im really upset...I dont want to leave him!!! And yes, I could stay here with him for the night but I also have my other 2 boys at home that i havent hardly seen in the past few days...So now im torn as to what to do....what it looks like is im gonna nurse Kyle before i leave- go home spend some time with my other 2...and come back tonight. The nurses will be able to supplement formula or whatever i can pump and leave for them while im gone....sorry im hormonal and really upset about leaving him at all!!! 
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Leaving my lil man over night...venting...

• Options
    ((hugs)) that's hard.  I really hope he's able to go home tomorrow!
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm sorry!! That really sucks and its a tough choice to have to make. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry.  That's really tough.  I would feel the same way.  The hormones and sleep deprivation certainly don't help.  Rest assured that you are doing the best you can for all your children.  Atleast it is something minor (in the grand scheme of things) and treatable.  Be grateful for the care your LO is receiving and focus on the fact that in a day or two it will be all over with and taken care of (easier said than done).  Best of luck, take it an hour at a time. 
    Reichley Mama
  • Options
    Thanks everyone...and no the hormones and sleep deprivation DO NOT help at all...I want to stay with Kyle but I also miss my other boys...and even though i know im not and DH has repeatedly told me im not- i feel like this horrible mother for leaving him- i dont know how these other moms (with preemies and NICU babies) deal with leaving their babies for long periods of time and im having a nervous breakdown about 1 night!?! id never be able to do it!! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

*lurking from Feb 13*

I'm sorry. I had to leave DD1 for 5 days after she was born due to jaundice. It sucks. Hang in there, mama!

• Options
    Awwh: So srry to hear this i pray he is out soon!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So sorry to hear this. I had to leave my son over night too. At least it sounds like he only has to stay one more night. Go home and snuggle your big boys for one more night with just the two of them. Maybe watch a movie and have popcorn and ice cream and help keep your mind off of it.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options
    I'm sorry he has to stay another night. Ds2 was in the nicu for 22 days, it was awful when I got discharged and had to go home for the first time without him. hopefully his levels go down and he's good to go or can go home with a bili blanket tomorrow!

Oh and you're not a bad mother! When baby is in the hospital no matter where you are you feel like you should be somewhere else!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    (((HUGS)))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"