February 2013 Moms

DH not understanding my nesting instinct

I need the blinds hung in the baby's room NOW.  As in NOW.  I'm about to hire someone else to come do it. 

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)

Re: DH not understanding my nesting instinct

• Mine doesn't get it either. And he is so annoyed with the long to do lists I give him. What's wrong with wanting to make things clean!!! I'm not going to want to do deep cleaning for a long time and god knows DH isn't going to do it!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDC2London:
    I truly believe that, eventually, humans will evolve so that expectant fathers also get the nesting instinct.  Because otherwise, the mothers will kill and eat the fathers.

Haha! I nearly peed my pants when I read this.  Big Smile

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine doesn't get it AT ALL. We are going to be moving into a two bedroom about a month after we have this little guy (we are in a 1 bedroom right now) so we are keeping things VERY minimal. My husband still refushes to set up the pack and play or install the car seat or anything beacuase we have "plenty of time" and "not enough room".

He's finally starting on everything this weekend. I'm Due Feb 15th so I know we have some time but men just don't understand!

• I need mine to get boxes to pack NOW. I've been asking for two weeks and we move in a week! I can't nest at all! Argh. I totally understand the urgency of new blinds.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I've resulted in doing things myself, which in turn makes hubby mad because he thinks I'm overdoing it.  Then tonight he tells me the carpets are getting cleaned Monday.  Pretty sure I mentioned carpet cleaning TWO months ago, not when I'd like to start making sense of our nursery.  They'll never get it!!
  • imageasoetenga:
    I've resulted in doing things myself, which in turn makes hubby mad because he thinks I'm overdoing it.  Then tonight he tells me the carpets are getting cleaned Monday.  Pretty sure I mentioned carpet cleaning TWO months ago, not when I'd like to start making sense of our nursery.  They'll never get it!!

I've started doing things myself also, except my husband just comes home from work and sees it all done and is like, "Wow you're doing good, babe." Ugh.  I could throat punch him. 

DD: 6/30/09. Mild pre-e DS: 9/5/10. Normal pregnancy Diagnosed 6/4/12 with dermatomyositis. Currently on Prednisone and IVIG therapy. 9/11/12: Normal a/s for DS2. No side effects from my medication, yay! DS2: 1/28/13. Thankful for healthy children! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I have this exact problem. I purchased them 2 WEEKS AGO. It is the last thing left and every time I look at the windows I want to scream. 
    Jen
    Mom to Ava 12.21.04 and Austin 10.22.06
    BFP 12/5/11...natural m/c 12/23/11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yep. I've been asking for a him to get my suitcase out of storage for two weeks. 

I just want to pack! I know that I'll feel better once it's done. Instead I'm piling stuff up that will go into the suitcase on a shelf in my closet...I'm imagining him trying to pack for me once I've already had the baby, and then him asking why I didn't do it sooner.... 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Hear hear! And then my DH keeps finding unrelated projects that he NEEDS to do, like replace our garbage disposal and build a train table for our toddler and I'm all NO WE NEED TO CLEAN THE HOUSE!!!!

Especially because when I go into labor his whole family will come and crash at our house overnight when they come to meet the baby and I don't want them to think our house is sloppy and gross.

Oh, and last night he mentioned that he invited some out of town friends to stay at our place this weekend if they needed a place to stay..........

Thankfully they were good because REALLY?!?! I need the house ready for guests at a minute's notice, not invited extra people to stay in our currently messy house so that I have to re-wash all the sheets and towels in a few days!

• Ha! If I waited for my DH to do things around the house, nothing would ever get done. No blinds would get hung and I'd have boxes of furniture waiting to be assembled. I don't think he knows how good he has it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsW0615:

imageasoetenga:
    I've resulted in doing things myself, which in turn makes hubby mad because he thinks I'm overdoing it.  Then tonight he tells me the carpets are getting cleaned Monday.  Pretty sure I mentioned carpet cleaning TWO months ago, not when I'd like to start making sense of our nursery.  They'll never get it!!

I've started doing things myself also, except my husband just comes home from work and sees it all done and is like, "Wow you're doing good, babe." Ugh.  I could throat punch him. 

See, my problem is that if he doesn't help...I won't do it! I see him getting to chill on the couch and I'm like "oh heck no" and park my butt right next to him!! 

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"