December 2012 Moms

Nursing Pads?

Are you using these, and which ones are working for you?  I have not actually noticed myself leaking much, but the only nursing bra that I've liked is so thin that my nipples show through my shirt. The padded nursing bras I tried on were uncomfortable and made my boobs look too large.  I need a nursing pad which will not be noticeable through the shirt.  Any recommendations would be appreciated!  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nursing Pads?

• I got mine from a facebook store called milky bear creations. I leak quite a bit, so she makes mine more absorbent, but she can make thinner ones also.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I made my own with several layers of heavy flannel
    8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know that you'll find any that you can't see if you can currently see your nipple through the bra AND shirt. A lot of women on the breastfeeding board recommend bamboobies... I use the overnight ones and still have leaks onto my tank top some mornings. I also use fuzzibunz, which are a little thicker.

I don't like the padded bras either, and I just got a bravado silk seamless bra and LOVE it... It feels more like a sports bra... But I definitely can't see nipple through it. Just FYI!
  • I use the lansinoh disposable ones. They are thin and trap the leaks very well.
  • I also use the lansinoh disposable ones and they are great. You can barely see them through my sports bra and I've never had a leak through them (and I leak quite a bit). 
    photo DSC_7607-Version2_zps4129cb9d.jpg funny gifs

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• imageEllei03:
    I use the lansinoh disposable ones. They are thin and trap the leaks very well.

This. At night I use cotton ones but I get milk on my shirt still.

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• imageBabyBsOven:
    I also use the lansinoh disposable ones and they are great. You can barely see them through my sports bra and I've never had a leak through them and I leak quite a bit.nbsp;

Ditto. I'm a little jealous that you were able to attempt to go without pads, lol.
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I use the disposables during the night and reusable Phillips Advent (I think - don't quote me on that) during the day I bought on amazon. I need more. Disposables dry my nipples out so bad.
    IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagevelazquezk1:
    . Disposables dry my nipples out so bad.

I'm so glad you said this - mine do this too, but I thought I was crazy! 

I wear Lansinoh disposables when I go out and then either my bamboobies or a generic brand of wool/cotton ones I got at a consignment sale. 

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I use the AVENT overnight disposables...so far they've worked well.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I use the BRU organic washable ones. They're really soft and although they aren't super thin, they lay nice and flat, even after washing and drying many times. I know a lot of people say they have leaked through these, but I never have guess I'm not a big leaker? They also don't stick to my nipples like disposables do.
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I like the thin nuk ones
    BabyFetus Ticker image
    Due 12.12.12
  • I'm using bamboobies. I don't seem to leak much during the day; the only time I've soaked through was when DH gave baby a bottle and I slept for 6 straight hours; so worth it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"