LGBT Parenting

ohio meetings??

Hello everyone! I see when I created the Cleveland community forum I received alot
Of comments . I want to start meeting parents who are lgbt families who have children or trying to have children. A group where we can swap information about everything.. like TTC of course , relationships, babies and just the struggle we face as women. Just a once a month meet and greet just to get to know one other. And to know that we are not alone in the world as parents.

Re: ohio meetings??

• That sounds like a great idea!  Do you have a ideas of when or where you would have the meetings?
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• I also think it sounds like a wonderful idea.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well I was thinking that we have ppl from Cleveland and Columbus. So I would start off with a met and geet down in Columbus and if you have children we can make it family night so us grown ups can talk and the kids a can met one other. So , I would like for some of you to throw some ideas around and everybody's opinion. I'm going to start looking at some places here in cleveland for families in the Akron, youngstown areas.
  • There is a group in Columbus called PACT.  It is parents and children, not necessarily LGBT TTC.  So I haven't attended any of their events because we don't have children yet.  So it would be nice to meet up with other couples that are TTC.

Let me know if I can help to plan something in Columbus.  You can contact me at pmgates@yahoo.com 

HSG 12/12/12        

It's a GIRL!

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• We joined the PACT FB group but we haven't gotten involved as of yet as it seems most of the kids are a bit older.  We joined when we were TTC and then we had newborns and there was not a whole lot we could do.  It seems like a good group though.  We are not TTC trisholio but if I can be a resource please don't hesitate to ask any questions or to even just vent!!  I remember how stressful it is to TTC.  We went the RE route from the beginning but if you have any questions about your choices in Columbus just let me know.  It is strange but we really don't have any other LGBT friends that have children so we are trying out best to meet other couples who are TTC or who have young children.   
  • I think this is a great idea!

mhkd - We also have NO other LGBT friends. We did have one couple who we were friends with but they broke up and one of them went straight so.....ya.

I often wish we had other people to connect with who are like us!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well I love all your input !! That's why I want to start a group so we LGBT community can something that's ours to go and vent and get advice. Like the ones who have children like me when can arrange playdates and do family days with our families. I mean I live where there are not too many people who are open about having children or TTC for one. I want to be able to reach ppl who need help and knowledge about life its self . We have LGbt centers but , that's about it. So I want to take a step further.
  • We would definetly be into this...We are in Columbus and would love a meet up with other folks TTC. We are in the same boat, we joined the PACT group but do not have children so have not gotten involved yet. I am excited to learn more about this! Let me know if I can help in anyway!
  • AmyRehs - Just like I told trisholio in the above post please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or just to vent.  I know we are not TTC at the moment but believe me when I say it is fresh in our minds.  I also put a link to our blog in my siggy.  I started the blog when we started TTC and I have tried to keep it up to date.  It might have some helpful information.  I hope we can all get together at some point. 
  • Good morning everyone! Im glad to see everyone ideas. I know that we don't have any LGBT family groups that are about TTC and adoption. The point of making this group and having meetings is inform families that we need a outlet too. Just like heterosexual parents we have struggles with having children and the joys of have children. So , I'm ready for this to happen and hope that everyone can relate. Sometime today I'm going to create a Facebook page for LGBT families of Ohio. So that way we see each other and have a outlet to call our own. I'm very excited that all of you our on board with this and thank you for listening to me.
  • Im excited to see the facebook page come to life, I am on FB much more then here.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well everyone I finally did it!! The Facebook page is up and I hope everyone signs up for the group!! It's called LGBT families of Ohio I will be starting planning our first meeting in March so please go on Facebook !!
  • My search on fb is not finding it :
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just looked up! It's there just go to your search engine on your Facebook and look up LGBT families of Ohio and it will pop up I made two of them so you can join either one. So if you couldn't find it I'm sorry ! Just let me know and you just add me on Facebook and I can add to the group
  • Hey Bundle...I dont know why I cant find it. At first I thought it was because I was trying from my phone. But now at home I am trying and nothing. I even copied and pasted LGBT families of Ohio in the search bar and nothing. Ugh! Can you find me Amanda-Ashlee Welch, you'll see a pic of 2 of the cutest little girls ever in animal print! lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh ok I'm about to add you and get this problem fixed!!
  • I am not able to find the group either. Can you post a link for it on this feed?
    HSG 12/12/12        

It's a GIRL!

• Oh ok I add you to my Facebook Amanda and I'm working on today ! I made it a close group but, it still should
    Show up. I will post the link !!
  • Good morning everyone! If you want to join the group please add me on Facebook Jory hopper and I will add you to the group . But, I will still post group things and information on meetings! So no one will not be not left out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"